Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I honestly don't remember the last time I saw someone pay for something with a check. I mean, they have to start phasing out those machines sooner or later right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They're a huge pain in the rear end to deal with too on our end. But Costco is patronized by millions of olds who will never give them up

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

This is intriguing

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/costco-new-chicken-sandwich/

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Paul MaudDib posted:

not sure if I misunderstood that but I disagree, my chest deep freezers keep food way better and longer than my upgright fridge freezer. 100% it's obvious to the extent that I now only use my upright fridge freezer as a "holding area" / etc.

Not sure if I just need to defrost or what but the temperature excusions of my fridge freezer are undeniably way higher than the chest freezer and that's what causes ice buildup / freezer burn. Try putting a freezer thermometer in your freezer.

I'm not comparing a fridge freezer to a deep freeze I'm comparing two types of deep freeze.

The problem isn't auto defrost, is what I'm saying. Plenty of deep freezes have auto defrost (including chest freezers) and they work great.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 15, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The advantages of chest vs upright deep freeze are also largely exaggerated like the energy usage difference is like $15 a year and is at least partially offset by spending more time digging through the chest freezer and probably shouldn't be much of a factor in a buying decision anyway.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Who cares

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

priznat posted:

The solution is clearly to use them as space helmets fill them with pond water and collected mud and plants and leave on windowsill to watch for the summer, much to your parents’ chagrin

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

That guy. Bigly.

Buddy was at church and had him verify ours still has plenty of 7cuft chests for 159. May pick one up this week since our old one died a few weeks ago.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That seems so fuckin cheap for a giant freezer, my mind is blown. What kinda outlet does a chest freezer need?

Is that like, installation and delivery included? Costco really IS a church :worship:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Installation ? You plug it in bro

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Can a chest freezer just sit outside on a really well covered proch all winter or is that asking too much

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I am allergic to everything currently in the food court so this would be very welcome.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Can a chest freezer just sit outside on a really well covered all winter or is that asking too much

yeah it'll be fine just bring it in during the summer and don't forget to water it when it looks wilted

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 15, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I DO

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Can a chest freezer just sit outside on a really well covered proch all winter or is that asking too much

Sometimes they actually have ratings like some you'll see billed as "garage ready" meaning they can work in 0-110F or something.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

My local one has this, it looks like it has chipotle mayo as the sauce so I’m allergic though.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Johnny Truant posted:

That seems so fuckin cheap for a giant freezer, my mind is blown. What kinda outlet does a chest freezer need?

Is that like, installation and delivery included? Costco really IS a church :worship:

5-7 cubic feet is pretty small for a deep freeze like I feel "giant freezer" territory starts around 20 cubic feet, there are regular refrigerators that have as much or more than that in freezer capacity.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

5-7 cubic feet is pretty small for a deep freeze like I feel "giant freezer" territory starts around 20 cubic feet, there are regular refrigerators that have as much or more than that in freezer capacity.

God drat man lol

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

BeAuMaN posted:

As I posted last you can get a 5.0 cu ft for $130, but you'll have to get it at Walmart in store. Unless Costco stops selling out of Chest Freezers.

Then you'll be able to stockpile that meat. Thanksgiving/Christmas? Stuff it full of turkey. Christmas/New Year? Stuff it full of rib roasts. Whenever there's a meat sale just stuff it in there and cook it at your liesure.

Thanks for this. This was the post that got me thinking about it in the first place.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

God drat man lol

what

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Did your father fall into a chest freezer and die or something

E: I never thought I’d see a one-man Jihad against a particular kind of food storage but here we are

poisonpill fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 16, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm not going to let you or anyone pollute the costco thread with freezer misinformation

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Also saying that a 5 cubic foot freezer isn't a huge freezer has nothing to do with chest freezers its just a fact. Thats like barely bigger than a lot of dorm fridges.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i googled a 7 cubic foot chest freezer and would consider it giant, my previous wording stands :colbert:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
You could command a princely rent in the bay area in one of those freezers!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

now youre just trolling, my penis is nearly 7 cubic feet

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Any fully vaccinated goons yet been able to shop at their local Costco yet mask-free?

I haven't tried myself yet I think the CDC ruling conflicts with what California has been doing but the plan was the open everything up by June 15th anyways.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

infraboy posted:

Any fully vaccinated goons yet been able to shop at their local Costco yet mask-free?

I haven't tried myself yet I think the CDC ruling conflicts with what California has been doing but the plan was the open everything up by June 15th anyways.

CA hasn't opened things up yet ( they said maybe June 15) so I'm going to assume most counties are keeping the masking in place till then.

Maybe the OC might drop it but I don't see LA making any changes till the state officially does.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's mask optional starting today at my warehouse

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

It's mask optional starting today at my warehouse

Which state?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

infraboy posted:

State EO overrides anything the CDC says, so not yet, not that I would.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

infraboy posted:

I went last night in NV and nearly none of the employees were wearing masks so I assume it’s also okay for the customers.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
One benefit of continuing to wear a mask is loading up on whiskey, wine, and beer like some kind of incognito masked vigilante. No shame at all when they don’t know who you are.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They recognize the eyes. They're... sad, in a way.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Went to Costco today and bought 4 boxes of tonkotsu ramen, each $3 off, PBUC

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I have a 13.7 cu ft chest freezer I believe, from the 'co during last summers chest freezer shortage times. It's nice.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They recognize the eyes. They're... sad, in a way.
I like not getting carded because they can see how dead I am.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Costco crab legs?

I want to buy some $30-40/lb king crab legs, costco seems like a good place to get them.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

pentyne posted:

Costco crab legs?

I want to buy some $30-40/lb king crab legs, costco seems like a good place to get them.

They have some in my Costco at the frozen section. $120ish a package.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

tangy yet delightful posted:

I have a 13.7 cu ft chest freezer I believe, from the 'co during last summers chest freezer shortage times. It's nice.

I like not getting carded because they can see how dead I am.

:smith::respek::smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

Costco crab legs?

I always get them at costco for xmas, they are good.