Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I stand by the fact there has not been a huge public outcry about Bruce, he's been on twitter for months since he apologized and no one talks about him and other people who shared the same stance and then tried to claim they didn't are treated normally. It hasn't been a thing for months.

You can be mad about the show, it ironically has gotten everyone mad at Bruce again. It's just no one was talking about him before it went up.

Otherwise, it's having a little fun teasing rovert a little bit.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/stan_otis/status/1393588304990380036?s=20

Who are the people saying AJ has no good matches?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He has lovely opinions, not lovely matches.

“Hyuck hyuck the GHEY community!?”

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Me. I'm saying that.

AJ has been low-key washed up for a long time and the only great thing he's done since the Cena feud was Brock.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
To be fair you can be one of the best in the world and still have few to no good matches as long as you're in WWE.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cerebral Bore posted:

To be fair you can be one of the best in the world and still have few to no good matches as long as you're in WWE.

Yeah, just look at Tay Conti

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerebral Bore posted:

I mean, true, but AJ is happy to be there and never leaving, so like with Roman, I've stopped making the distinction between whether they actually suck or it's just WWE's presentation of them that sucks. If they're never gonna go anywhere else, there's no meaningful difference.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

Shinsuke Nakamura

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There has been a rumor for months the EVPs were in conflict (specifically Cody vs the Bucks/Kenny) but it was never really reported. Probably because it didn't really make sense! The Torch finally reported it this week, and the Bucks instantly made fun of it, and Cody RTed the tweet making fun of it. So of course Jobbernation believes it is still true. (The bio is "Currently Not on Speaking Terms.")

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1393634704457289731

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MJeff posted:

I mean, true, but AJ is happy to be there and never leaving, so like with Roman, I've stopped making the distinction between whether they actually suck or it's just WWE's presentation of them that sucks. If they're never gonna go anywhere else, there's no meaningful difference.

And if you want good AJ matches elsewhere it's not like they're hard to find.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AJ's matches with Bryan and Finn were awesome. The problem is he's in that Tanahashi stage where he can't go like he used to an has to rely on storytelling and WWE is an environment where that skill is rarely used. I feel like he has the potential for a few more bangers in him but whether he gets the chance to use it is up for debate

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I cannot stress enough what utter fiction the EVPs hate each other stuff is. AEW's ranks are pretty closed. What you hear reported to Dave or Jericho on his podcast are the most scoops you're gonna get. They kept Brodie's name out of the news until his wife was ready to talk. Let that sink in.

So this stuff about TOTALLY NOT BRYAN DANIELSON flying in and seeing the EVPs falling out and immediately returning to WWE's warm embrace is utter bullshit. My money is Taz is feeding people bullshit for a laugh.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
at this point i'm starting to feel like it's mostly reverse psychology to get the evps to say publicly how great friends they are, so that people can leap out of the figurative bushes and go "AHA! I _knew_ it was all friends wrestling and now I have the proof!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

coconono posted:

I cannot stress enough what utter fiction the EVPs hate each other stuff is. AEW's ranks are pretty closed. What you hear reported to Dave or Jericho on his podcast are the most scoops you're gonna get. They kept Brodie's name out of the news until his wife was ready to talk. Let that sink in.

So this stuff about TOTALLY NOT BRYAN DANIELSON flying in and seeing the EVPs falling out and immediately returning to WWE's warm embrace is utter bullshit. My money is Taz is feeding people bullshit for a laugh.

It's the EVP's putting out the story themselves so Cody vs. The Elite will have more heat to it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flatluigi posted:

at this point i'm starting to feel like it's mostly reverse psychology to get the evps to say publicly how great friends they are, so that people can leap out of the figurative bushes and go "AHA! I _knew_ it was all friends wrestling and now I have the proof!"

Or so if they do ever fall out in like 6 years, people can call them liars.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

coconono posted:

"Hey Taz I'm calling you today to ask how things are going behind the scene at AEW?"

"Bro you heard bout this gum club poo poo they got goin on???"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

It's the EVP's putting out the story themselves so Cody vs. The Elite will have more heat to it.

Gotta make sure Dustin gets a gold watch run with the tag titles before he hangs them up for good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Gotta make sure Dustin gets a gold watch run with the world title before he hangs them up for good.

Correct but I fixed your typo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Gotta make sure Dustin gets a gold watch run with the tag titles before he hangs them up for good.

I would honestly really love it if Sonny Kiss and Dustin had a short tag title run before Dustin retired.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was so loving bummed when that picture of them in matching gear didn't turn into anything, but now that Dustin doesn't have the dead weight holding him down anymore, the sky's the limit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

now that Dustin doesn't have the dead weight holding him down anymore, the sky's the limit.

But Cody's still his brother

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Gotta make sure Dustin gets a gold watch run with the Pinnacle's gold watches before he hangs them up for good.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

I would honestly really love it if Sonny Kiss and Dustin had a short tag title run before Dustin retired.
Sonny Kiss would be a fun partner for a lot of odd couple tag teams.

Sonny & Dustin
Sonny & Hangman
Sonny & Abadon

edit: oh what up page 666 :unsmigghh:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The last paragraph is an incredible inclusion for a list of scoops.

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1393723863024902144

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I broke the story of me getting it wrong about Christian.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This dude said KOR had a seizure, spreading that whole bullshit report and then wants credit for getting it right?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

First I'm hearing that Christian had a contract with Fox?!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1394056422376226818

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/metalmouthnerd/status/1394097138544545796?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

well whatever it was I'm glad I can't read it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

The last paragraph is an incredible inclusion for a list of scoops.

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1393723863024902144
Buy him an account and make an Enclosed Pool Area thread that only he and Rovert can post in.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

i love this man more than life itself
https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1394324749707251721

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ahahaha Big Dave is the best. :krakken:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/sigmapoet1914/status/1394253916158808064

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You’ve got a Fiend in me...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:hmbol:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Hahahahahahaha

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is just the best thing I've ever seen. Doug rules, love Doug.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is just the best thing I've ever seen. Doug rules, love Doug.

I looked at Doug's twitter to see if he had any weird stuff to post here but it's mostly just the most bland and/or positive messages at wrestlers and celebrities. He's also published three poetry books.

Maybe we should all be a little more like Doug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hahahaha what the gently caress