Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i also buy it with NO CASE!! hate those things...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I like the cheap rubber stretch-over cases because they do a really good job of protecting the phone from impact. I've dropped my phone out of an airplane and it survived!

I was parked

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

hell yeah bareback crew, the back of my se is scratched up to gently caress and I think it looks rad

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

njsykora posted:

it's a bit muddy looking it up, but i think at most the bluetooth 5.0 standard would support the cd quality at maximum, and even that would be a stretch

basically it's a bit clickbaity to be reporting this as something inherent to airpods, when it's the same for all bluetooth headphones

it is true for all bt headphones, but not all wireless headphones are bt-only and it would have been easier for apple to make wireless headphones which are not limited to bt than it is for anyone else

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have a smartish (brand) grippy case and it is very needs suiting.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

me too it’s good

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

i dont have a case because i have applecare and if i run out of repairs its time to trade in for a new phone anyway

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

is the iphone se decent enough? i have a pixel 3a and it's really good for a cheap phone, but I'll be upgrading eventually

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

replaced my iphone 8 with a red iphone se and i love the little guy.i need a case though cause it's too slippery in my greasy hands and i cant rest it on my sweat pants leg without it sliding off

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i have the hard silicone case, and some of the weaker bits around the rim started breaking off. i’m a fidgeter so that got a lot worse pretty quickly. but it made it about three years, and i figure if i buy a second case then the phone will last another three, and then that’ll be about the right time to buy a new phone anyway

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i have some clear thing that adds a magsafe magnet area to my 11 pro, which is neato

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

thank you op maybe with blue bubbles ill finally be able to get laid :dukedoge:
epic ftw

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

is the iphone se decent enough? i have a pixel 3a and it's really good for a cheap phone, but I'll be upgrading eventually

the oldest officially supported iphone is better by any metric you care to choose than literally any android on the market, so go hog wild

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Smythe posted:

thank you op maybe with blue bubbles ill finally be able to get laid :dukedoge:

let's not go overboard, now

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

It’s the best phone I’ve ever owned and it was my jumping point to ios after a decade of android, but listen to all the reviews that say to just drop the extra $50 for the 128gb model

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the camera of the se is a big step down from the pixel 3a one. i wouldn't buy the se unless you have only the most basic of needs

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

who gives a gently caress how good the camera on a phone is. phone cameras are for catching your dog looking cute or sharing a funny sign, no one's making large prints from phone pictures

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I was gonna say, no-one who actually buys a phone based on its camera is buying anything other than flagships at this point

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

njsykora posted:

I was gonna say, no-one who actually buys a phone based on its camera is buying anything other than flagships at this point

you may have moved to ios but the dyp is still strong

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

njsykora posted:

hell yeah bareback crew

my stevephone5 finally started physically falling apart and the home button only worked 1/5 times so i finally migrated to a 1g se

it's the future wow

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

graph posted:

you may have moved to ios but the dyp is still strong

people itt say they don't care about their phone cameras because they are always carrying 20 lbs. of dsl equipment to ensure they can quickly capture a photo of a bumblebee or a fun grafitti they see when taking excursions from their basements

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

people itt say they don't care about their phone cameras

how the gently caress do i turn off this livephoto poo poo

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

graph posted:

settings camera preserve settings Live Photo on

then off in the app

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

graph posted:

when in the camera mode push the Live Photo icon in the corner

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
it’s one of the little icons on the top. it’ll reset back on the next time you take a picture, but you can turn that off in settings. but actually they’re nice if you’re taking pictures of people and you should stop overthinking it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PCjr sidecar posted:

settings camera preserve settings Live Photo on

then off in the app

that did it thanks

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

graph posted:

lol old man confused by new (years old!!) fancy features

i turn it off, too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rjmccall posted:

but actually they’re nice if you’re taking pictures of people

i dont take pictures of people

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

i have some clear thing that adds a magsafe magnet area to my 11 pro, which is neato

got a link?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

apple is adding lossless playback to apple music starting in june. airpods won't support it since they don't have the appropriate codecs. good work, apple

bluetooth sucks huge rear end

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mod saas posted:

got a link?

sure

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I hung out with a woman who was a bit younger than me and she actually made fun of me for being a green-bubbled bitch with a fail-rear end google phone

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

I hung out with a woman who was a bit younger than me and she actually made fun of me for being a green-bubbled bitch with a fail-rear end google phone

what was her name in the ‘pos

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

happens more often than u think

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Silver Alicorn posted:

same. bit bigger then the leather case but otherwise unobtrusive which is the platonic ideal of a protective case for me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
case makes phone double the thickness. big fail. even slim case make much bigger since phone so small anymore. dont need it. the outisde of the phone is the case???? not like ur buying a freaking circuit board and a box of parts gently caress sakes ppl

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

"gently caress cases"
-An adult who doesn't drop his phone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i have a failos phone with the huge camera bump which means u have to get a case. apple needs to bite the bullet and hire their first ever designer who understand how humans use things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

"gently caress cases"
-An adult who doesn't drop his phone

Yep.