Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ChaosReaper posted:

I wish there was a place to just buy mods you missed somewhere. I can't really do any solar warmind cell builds because I'm missing all but one of them and now I have to hope Ada just magically has them. That plus missing Stacks on Stacks is annoying when you only have one random chance at it. But it's Bungie so it would probably cost real money if they did have a vendor.

They should appear a lot more often now that combat mods have their own specific daily offering, and aren't competing with scav/target/ammo/reload/dex/unflinch/reserves for every weapon type in the same slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

RBX posted:

The game says today's lost sector is legs but it's dropping helmets.

Up is down! Light is Dark! Fallen and Guardians sleeping together! The dead rising from the grave to grind for guns from the living! Total chaos.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RBX posted:

The game says today's lost sector is legs but it's dropping helmets.

Bungie skipping leg day I see

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Bungie skipping leg day before Iron Banner week so f2p Titans can’t poo poo on stasis users lol

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Every time I come back to this game I go "better do the weekly crucible thing" and I am reminded how loving awful I am at destiny pvp, and therefore how much I loath it.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

GruntyThrst posted:

Every time I come back to this game I go "better do the weekly crucible thing" and I am reminded how loving awful I am at destiny pvp, and therefore how much I loath it.

I'm sorely tempted to idle my weekly crucible matches while watching netflix and just moving the mouse often enough to not get flagged for whatever antisocial behavior detectors they have.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

TELESTO AT IT AGAIN

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
man, I had forgotten shohreh aghdashloo was in this game, and i'm surprised as heck that 1. they remembered that the future war cult exists and 2. they hired her back now that she's a much bigger deal.

it's cool! it feels like they're turning lakshmi into avasarala but i'm 100% on board with that.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

man, I had forgotten shohreh aghdashloo was in this game, and i'm surprised as heck that 1. they remembered that the future war cult exists and 2. they hired her back now that she's a much bigger deal.

it's cool! it feels like they're turning lakshmi into avasarala but i'm 100% on board with that.

i have a feeling that this season ends with her being a bad and getting written out given some of the lore

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Me: oh neat they're bringing Lakshmi back

Lakshmi: I am a racist, and I hate the bugs. I will kill them all. gently caress the Fallen, I'll see you later

Me: oh so she's gonna die in 10 weeks

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

They'll mindwipe her into Lakshme 3. Someone has to sit there being useless

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sekenr posted:

Arach Jalal and James Remar are still there

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Me: oh neat they're bringing Lakshmi back

Lakshmi: I am a racist, and I hate the bugs. I will kill them all. gently caress the Fallen, I'll see you later

Me: oh so she's gonna die in 10 weeks

Only Failsafe and Hawthorne to go.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Kesper North posted:

i have a feeling that this season ends with her being a bad and getting written out given some of the lore

Big spoilers for datamined stuff if anyone wants to know: Her Eliksni hatred gets the best of her and she attempts to stage a coup against the Vanguard by opening a Vex portal in The Last City. Quria comes through and kills her.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Firebert posted:

Bungie skipping leg day before Iron Banner week so f2p Titans can’t poo poo on stasis users lol

The first leg day was an EDZ LLS though?

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Lakshmi is Maya Sundereth

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It seems like a bad idea now to keep a group called the future war cult around when waging and worshiping war has a chance to summon the demon hellbug war goddess to ruin your day

On the other hand their design aesthetic owns

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Pirate Jet posted:

Big spoilers for datamined stuff if anyone wants to know: Her Eliksni hatred gets the best of her and she attempts to stage a coup against the Vanguard by opening a Vex portal in The Last City. Quria comes through and kills her.

But who will sit in her stead??

Speaking of, when I done the transmat tutorial I accidentally stumbled on FWC robe that was in my vault since god knows when, so now I have it as ornament

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 17, 2021

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Sekenr posted:

But who will sit in her stead??

During the Vex invasion, Executor Hideo and Arach Jalaal go missing, which is Bungie’s convenient excuse to never do factions again. So does Osiris.

Saint 14 gets all sad about how Eliksni racism lead to the loss of his lover and swears to be the Eliksni’s protector.

This is all based off of out-of-context voice lines whose uses are only assumed and may even go unused, I also don’t have a special source better than r/raidsecrets.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Pirate Jet posted:

During the Vex invasion, Executor Hideo and Arach Jalaal go missing, which is Bungie’s convenient excuse to never do factions again. So does Osiris.

Saint 14 gets all sad about how Eliksni racism lead to the loss of his lover and swears to be the Eliksni’s protector.

This is all based off of out-of-context voice lines whose uses are only assumed and may even go unused, I also don’t have a special source better than r/raidsecrets.

Well poo poo. I knew that factions will never return because why make 3 sets of armor per faction if you can put them in eververse instead?? But I sometimes liked remembering they exist

Orv
May 4, 2011
FWC warlock gear fucks and I will forever be sad for its loss.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Firebert posted:

after using it for a good number of games in trials and control, my conclusion was meh

ymmv, please share hawt tips if you figure it out

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You get frozen and killed as usual, but with a buff active on the screen!

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Orv posted:

FWC warlock gear fucks and I will forever be sad for its loss.

:smuggo:

Magic of not dismantling old crap!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Pirate Jet posted:

It's just going to be the Zavala show featuring Eris and Drifter isn't it?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

victrix posted:

after using it for a good number of games in trials and control, my conclusion was meh

ymmv, please share hawt tips if you figure it out

Touch a duskfield and get 2 taps with 120s for 10 seconds

Bait out coldsnaps around corners to safely get frozen and get your 2 taps

Kill 2 people within 3 seconds with solar damage for two taps

Win every Behemoth vs Behemoth battle

But mostly Shurikens are basically speedbumps

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Eej posted:

titan exotic leg stuff
also it's supposedly amazing with tarrabah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nLmYA2UERE

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

also it's supposedly amazing with tarrabah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nLmYA2UERE

now THIS is good. The boots were firmly in "switch these on just to cast behemoth super" territory but that makes them an exceptional neutral game exotic

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

RBA Starblade posted:

It seems like a bad idea now to keep a group called the future war cult around when waging and worshiping war has a chance to summon the demon hellbug war goddess to ruin your day

On the other hand their design aesthetic owns

They don't do either. They have some magic machine that shows you the future and everyone who goes into it sees a vision of an apocalyptic war and goes insane. They're dedicated to finding someone they can put in the machine who will see a way to survive this war.

Changing FWC from purple to blue is the worst thing Bungie did with D2.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Changing FWC from purple to blue is the worst thing Bungie did with D2.

Fuchsia War Cult.
I wish you could get the wonderful FWC Warlock exotic bond you could get in D1. Looked amazing.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 17, 2021

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Sekenr posted:

is there some lore as to how that happens? i'd like to think they just feed messed up exos to the big clovis bray head while it goes "om nom nom" in a metallic voice. and then a while later, the blank exo gets pooped out an orifice somewhere and wanders around europa until someone finds them.

makes ya think

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

is there some lore as to how that happens? i'd like to think they just feed messed up exos to the big clovis bray head while it goes "om nom nom" in a metallic voice. and then a while later, the blank exo gets pooped out an orifice somewhere and wanders around europa until someone finds them.

makes ya think

They literally murder your brain and back you up from a copy. This hasn't been doable since the Golden Age, AFAIK. Unless there's some lore I've missed since DSC came out, which is entirely possible.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
There's a few lore entries that talk about it. This one goes into it pretty deeply.

Your cool, cool, robotic, inert vex milk brain just decides it's had enough and restarts. Or maybe something else forces a restart because of mysterious reasons?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

life_source posted:

There's a few lore entries that talk about it. This one goes into it pretty deeply.

Your cool, cool, robotic, inert vex milk brain just decides it's had enough and restarts. Or maybe something else forces a restart because of mysterious reasons?

Which if you decide to not do because you like having things like friends or memories or a personality? Welp, enjoy the memory loss and senility that slowly gnaws at your existence.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

not that different from being human, so i don't see a downside

the real question is: what happens if you're Exo Joe-2 and become Exo Joe-3 and suddenly you're Guardian-worthy?

or, and here's a REALLY fun one: what if Exo Joe-2 the Guardian decides to reboot themselves and become Exo Joe-3? is Joe-3 still a Guardian? If Joe-3 dies, will they res as Joe-2 or Joe-3?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I want to see Joe come back as a guardian and also Exo Joe-1 come back as a guardian and they meet and say Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I thought Exo rebooting was done partially/initially to prevent exos from going mad & taken over from the whispers they hear because of their vex juice?

Kith posted:

or, and here's a REALLY fun one: what if Exo Joe-2 the Guardian decides to reboot themselves and become Exo Joe-3? is Joe-3 still a Guardian? If Joe-3 dies, will they res as Joe-2 or Joe-3?
I suspect lightbearing is a quality of a body, not a mind, and is granted to someone who has died already? So at least initially, an exo will be brought back as whatever # they were when they died. But I think subsequent reboots will not be affected by resurrections. It's not like human or awoken are reverted to their memories and personality they had at first resurrections.

As for guradianship, I guess that depends on their personality.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
picking your Exo nose resets you

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Luckily I picked an exo face without a nose. Checkmate Clovis!

EDIT: Also vis-a-vis Joe-2/3:

The Grips posted:

—Vander-2/3: Rescued from the Great Disaster because reset incapacitated him. Served as City guard post-reset. Ghost destroyed on Luna. (Pre- or post-reset? Do Ghosts protect Exo Guardians from spontaneous reset?)

It's an unanswered question so far even in-universe.

life_source fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

life_source posted:

Luckily I picked an exo face without a nose. Checkmate Clovis!

Hell, I was foolish enough to get one that doesn't even have eyes. Event Horizon-ing my way across the storyline. (How this interacts with the disassociation of not being able to do human processes like, say, blink is a good question.)