Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean if an "official" ""audit"" starts parroting these delusions that gives it -and insurrection writ large- cover to become the explicit stance of more and more GOP politicians

Don't like 80% or more already believe this....?

I mean are y'all under the impression Liz Cheney and Kitzinger and Mitt are evidence of some significant chunk of Rs that haven't already made "2020 was stolen from Trump" as their canon? It's pretty much that comparative handful that hasn't gotten on that page at this point. The rest, top to bottom, are convinced of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
More than half at a minimum

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/majority-republicans-still-believe-2020-election-was-stolen-donald-trump

Also trumps favorability with Republicans is in the 80% range

quote:

To that end, 81% of Republicans still view Trump favorably.

Also this fun contradiction

quote:

Paradoxically, 35% of Republicans agreed with both of the following theories: that the people who gathered at the U.S. Capitol on Jan 6th were peaceful, law-abiding Americans and that it was actually led by violent left-wing protestors trying to make Trump look bad.

DarkHorse fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 17, 2021

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Newsweek is a garbage rag. The name got bought by some weird millionaire who is a moonie or something similar. It has no connection to the former magazine that went out of business other than the name and logo.
Some of my friends were freaking out about a Newsweek article on a just-discovered dinosaur fish-with-legs and...it was about coelacanths. Like, from the 1930s, but written as though it happened last week

That was my reminder it got bought by the moonies and turned even less reputable.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

zoux posted:

Oh hey me and Rubio on the same side of an issue

Lil' Marco can bugger off but the 60 minutes story last night about the recent UFO reports being released is pretty :catstare:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-military-intelligence-60-minutes-2021-05-16/

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

VH4Ever posted:

I mean are y'all under the impression Liz Cheney and Kitzinger and Mitt are evidence of some significant chunk of Rs that haven't already made "2020 was stolen from Trump" as their canon? It's pretty much that comparative handful that hasn't gotten on that page at this point. The rest, top to bottom, are convinced of it.

Nit a significant chunk but as I said, I was legit shocked the other poll showed 65% thought the election was stolen. I legit thought it's like 30% max (which is still too much)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

DarkHorse posted:

That's because you shouldn't take these people in good faith.

It's entirely consistent with "I am never the bad guy and liberals are awful"

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Keyser_Soze posted:

Lil' Marco can bugger off but the 60 minutes story last night about the recent UFO reports being released is pretty :catstare:

These things are either some really freaking weird atmospheric phenomena, or aliens. I really can't see any country with the tech necessary to achieve those feats of aerodynamics, sensor evasion and apparently power generation not employing it en-masse for a massive military edge against the US. Like Russia would not be building giant nuclear torpedoes if they could build these, and I don't think China would bother building a bunch of island airbases if they were about to throw some of this tech on their jets either.

Also if it is aliens (it probably isn't but *shoulder shrug* as to what is happening here) it means there's definitely a bunch of electrical tech possible we haven't even dreamed of. Like if we catch one of these things it's going to be another scientific revolution.

Or we catch a bunch of swamp gas Venus just lit up.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Meatball posted:

No, they wouldn't go that far.

They're going to go farther and straight up call biden illegitimate and a usurper by the 4th of July. If they have a majoirty of house and senate in 2024, it doesn't matter if Biden wins another election, They're seating the Republican against the will of the voters.

Here's the thing though, this is what THEY think happened to THEM. THEY are the voters and the evil majority Dems in the house and Senate and other traitors (Pence) went against the will of the American voters and seated an illigitimate president.

In no uncertain terms history might look at Biden being seated as the dead cat bounce on the downslide of American democracy.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

zoux posted:

I think she's gonna get bounced in the midterms and 10 years from now we'll be like "lol remember MTG"

The only way ‘lol remember MTG’ happens is if there is an even worse politician than her who is the current GOP whack-a-doodle at that time.
Like how lots of people looked back ‘fondly’ at W after Trumps administration.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

VH4Ever posted:

always more, always worse, quiet part gets louder, etc

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

cr0y posted:

In no uncertain terms history might look at Biden being seated as the dead cat bounce on the downslide of American democracy.

This is the thing that most scares me now.

That this is the last high water Mark before a descent into an authoritarian dystopia

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

DarkHorse posted:

That this is the last high water Mark before a descent into an authoritarian dystopia

You and me both, pal.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Keyser_Soze posted:

This is just bad journalism. The dude they are interviewing, Lue Elizondo, is lair.

quote:

The update here is that further investigative reporting has been done (like this and this), much of it focused on Luis Elizondo, the man who claimed to have been the head of AATIP. However, the only official statement that he ever worked for the Department of Defense at all was made just once, by a briefly-employed Pentagon spokesperson named Dana White. Multiple Freedom of Information Act requests have failed to find any connection between Elizondo and AATIP.

All we know for sure about Elizondo is that he now works for DeLonge's film production company, called To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science (TTSA). Although TTSA makes grandiloquent claims of doing research and so forth, they're registered as a film production company with the Securities and Exchange Commission and their only significant project to date is a UFO series for the History Channel.

So in short, reserve your gravest skepticism for any news reports you might read attributing shocking discoveries to either AATIP, TTSA, DeLonge, or the ever-elusive Luis Elizondo.

Check out
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4621

and

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4705

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Yardbomb posted:

I'll be honest, I keep mentally reading "Magic The Gathering"

Yeah especially because that's my other most frequented thread AND like every poster from there posts in here too

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

DarkHorse posted:

With Republicans busy undermining democracy at the state level and the Democrats not taking the threat seriously and unable/unwilling to deliver substantial improvements to material conditions, the potential to get much worse is more likely than not. I would expect balkanization soon, maybe this Supreme Court abortion decision will be the thing that kicks it off.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Orthanc6 posted:

These things are either some really freaking weird atmospheric phenomena, or aliens. I really can't see any country with the tech necessary to achieve those feats of aerodynamics, sensor evasion and apparently power generation not employing it en-masse for a massive military edge against the US. Like Russia would not be building giant nuclear torpedoes if they could build these, and I don't think China would bother building a bunch of island airbases if they were about to throw some of this tech on their jets either.

Also if it is aliens (it probably isn't but *shoulder shrug* as to what is happening here) it means there's definitely a bunch of electrical tech possible we haven't even dreamed of. Like if we catch one of these things it's going to be another scientific revolution.

Or we catch a bunch of swamp gas Venus just lit up.

I mean, if it's aliens and they can do that we probably shouldn't catch them.

They might be really pissed about being caught. Like, you know how people like looking at bears? But if a bear eats a person we get a group together to hunt it down and kill it? This might be a situation kind of like that.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Bishyaler posted:

With Republicans busy undermining democracy at the state level and the Democrats not taking the threat seriously and unable/unwilling to deliver substantial improvements to material conditions, the potential to get much worse is more likely than not. I would expect balkanization soon, maybe this Supreme Court abortion decision will be the thing that kicks it off.

How would balkanization work when Republicans control the vast majority of land?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

poll plane variant posted:

How would balkanization work when Republicans control the vast majority of land?

Because the land they control sucks?

Not that the idea of that happening isnt laughable. If we got to Balkanization we'd all be under Mushroom Clouds before it finished.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They might be really pissed about being caught. Like, you know how people like looking at bears? But if a bear eats a person we get a group together to hunt it down and kill it? This might be a situation kind of like that.

If these things are actual objects and the military is capable of getting a weapons lock on them, it’s inconceivable to me that their first act wouldn’t be to immediately shoot one down.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Outside of my immediate friends and family I haven't met a single person who believes Biden didn't steal the election from Trump. My most leftist coworker is a guy who rants about Soros Chinese antifas.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cr0y posted:

Here's the thing though, this is what THEY think happened to THEM. THEY are the voters and the evil majority Dems in the house and Senate and other traitors (Pence) went against the will of the American voters and seated an illigitimate president.

It's a numbers game at this point. Are there more people who believe in reality vs. people who want Trump as forever president? What are those numbers now, and what will they be in 4 years?

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Sanguinia posted:

Because the land they control sucks?

Not that the idea of that happening isnt laughable. If we got to Balkanization we'd all be under Mushroom Clouds before it finished.

The land they control sucks? They would control the vast majority of oil and farm land. And since you mentioned mushroom clouds, they'd also control nuclear weapons since those tend to be in remote areas.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

If these things are actual objects and the military is capable of getting a weapons lock on them, it’s inconceivable to me that their first act wouldn’t be to immediately shoot one down.

I agree with you on that, I just also think it's a really bad idea.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Bishyaler posted:

The land they control sucks? They would control the vast majority of oil and farm land. And since you mentioned mushroom clouds, they'd also control nuclear weapons since those tend to be in remote areas.

Also most Democrats are knowledge workers and lumpen types right, the actual industrial and security apparatus is overwhelmingly white, male, and conservative.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

DarkHorse posted:

More than half at a minimum

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/majority-republicans-still-believe-2020-election-was-stolen-donald-trump

Also trumps favorability with Republicans is in the 80% range

Ah fascism at work on the mind :allears:

If Trump dies of old age or illness in the next few years what happens? Do these weirdos lose steam or do they believe the Deep State killed him?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Bishyaler posted:

Oh no, where would the worlds 7th largest economy California ever get food or oil without flyover country usa. What hope would they have against people they outnumber 5 to 1?!

You and Poll Plane sound like freep posters waxing about how the Midwestern leibensraum and mighty Real American Industry could totally bring the Limp Wristed Coast to its knees.

Not that my flippant comments are any more accurate of course. The actual answer is whatever side the US Military picks wins, and if the military splits loyalties its probably the end of the world, so, you know, that's fun.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Keyser_Soze posted:

Kucinich was right.

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

If Trump dies of old age or illness in the next few years what happens? Do these weirdos lose steam or do they believe the Deep State killed him?

The Q nuts believe there was something off about Prince Philip dying and he was 99 years old. If trump dies before 120 they’ll assume it was a joint chinese/deep state hit

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Nonsense posted:

I seriously wouldn't doubt if AOC leaves Congress if nothing is done about this poo poo head.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1393209545254653953?s=20

Definitely the acts of sane and reasonable people.
Still laugh that MTG says AOC shouldn't be there for reasons while herself being the fuckup that couldn't win her own district so moved to one where she had no one to compete against

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In a huge surprise, conservatives who were previously in favor of expanded child credits are now opposed.

(To be fair to those conservatives, none of them supported making it 100% refundable before. So, it isn't a total flip flop.)

It's because this will be seen as a democrat win.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

mdemone posted:

That's more than 50 million adults who are about to have a real bad autumn, again.
:dunkedon:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Bishyaler posted:

The US is known for having an economy based mostly on oil and farming. Also the nuclear weapons are famously controlled by the municipal governments where the silos are located.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Sanguinia posted:

Oh no, where would the worlds 7th largest economy California ever get food or oil without flyover country usa. What hope would they have against people they outnumber 5 to 1?!

CA is dark red the second you get out of the cities, the same as every state. Those farmers and oilfield workers aren't liberals lol

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

James Garfield posted:

The US is known for having an economy based mostly on oil and farming. Also the nuclear weapons are famously controlled by the municipal governments where the silos are located.

Also known for a ton of white nationalist gun owners itching to kill, and in 2024 they will.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Neo Rasa posted:

If only she could be discarded.

She could, but the player is new to the game and doesn't want to because the card looks nice

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

cr0y posted:

Lol if you think that’s the way they’d allow the history books to be written

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TulliusCicero posted:

Hitler nuts still think he escaped to South America.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

poll plane variant posted:

CA is dark red the second you get out of the cities, the same as every state. Those farmers and oilfield workers aren't liberals lol

who gives a poo poo about the less than five percent of the California population that does not live in cities

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

In what way do you goons feel the Dems aren't taking the fascist threat seriously?

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Now I just want the aliens to be evolved from bears.

In the extreme, silly hypothetical that it is Aliens.tm they would probably be unmanned drones. So they might not be quite as miffed if we got our hands on one that crashed. Even with all the tech we might get from it, we still don't have a clue as to how to get out of this solar system so we're still no threat to anyone but ourselves for the foreseeable future.

All that out of the way, got a decent breakdown vid of possible explanations for those Navy UFO vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7Fqbsrrm8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

James Garfield posted:

who gives a poo poo about the less than five percent of the California population that does not live in cities

They have more political representation, guns, and will to kill those not like them. Those are also places where cops, soldiers, and others responsible for violently imposing the will of the state come from.

Climate change won't be a problem, what with the nuclear winter that's coming once those people who want to see others die more than they want to live.

Hope for the future is irresponsible.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)