Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

queeb posted:

man taliesin rolls 20's like mad
There was a very good reason why Taleisin's character in Campaign One was referred to as "No Mercy Percy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man vax just dropping the i love you bomb on keyleth out of nowhere in the briarwood castle, interested to see where this goes!

C1 e 33 oh god the guy that designed their keep is also the briarwood's spy, lmao

oh god why are they giving scanlan a gun

lmfao when theyre all seeming'd as percy and cassandra and keylith is trying to talk to vax, im dying

queeb fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 17, 2021

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
The Briarwood arc is so good for all those little moments.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

sam wants that gun so bad

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

queeb posted:

sam wants that gun so bad

Some things will never change

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

liams cluch dimension door to hit the button and dissolve his friends alive in acid is real smooth

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

queeb posted:

liams cluch dimension door to hit the button and dissolve his friends alive in acid is real smooth

And to think we complain about how bad their tactical choices are now.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

C1e34 vex angling the acid up over the green wall, shooting it at pike and Scanlan, and then ruining the lift mechanism for the trap theyre stuck in is also a genius move.

oh my god grog getting charmed and then shortly after realizing he cant be charmed when hes raging was an emotional rollercoaster

queeb fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 17, 2021

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I’m enjoying reliving the high points of C1 via this thread and without having to rewatch hundreds of hours of content

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

c1e34 i feel like matt HAD to have fudged that 75 damage hit against vax's 76 HP, 1 HP away from death is crazy.

vex living by passing 3 death saving throws and failing 1 is crazy

is there a legit black hole beneath the city

c1e35 oh god scanlan has the gun now

oh god they're fighting percys shadow monster

lol loving trinket does nothing ever, but manages to crit pike during the smoke beast fight. sam's hate for trinket is great

ahahah grog rolling a nat 20 to behead jezna is totally a grog thing.

god damnit taliesin just give the 2 handed sword to grog and let him have his fun!

oh my god grog with a talking sword is amazing, i feel like this is going to lead to some hilarious poo poo

c1e36 aahahaha scanlans nat 1 after hearing pike is here during the arm wrestling.

queeb fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 17, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

aww man this winter's crest episode is really nice

c1e37 aw, as much as i hated orion, tiberius leaving in ep 37 is kinda sad

oh my god grog and the sword interactions have me in loving tears laughing

lmfao picking the locks into the clutch, just pure chaos as everyone yells at vax, and he ends up wrong on his plan

queeb fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 18, 2021

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

queeb posted:

I think that's the emotions from the table spilling through, which is because of some very good role playing from all of the cast.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Grog and Craven Edge is so loving good lol

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Government Handjob posted:

:emptyquote:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

queeb posted:

aww man this winter's crest episode is really nice

oh my god grog and the sword interactions have me in loving tears laughing

lmfao picking the locks into the clutch, just pure chaos as everyone yells at vax, and he ends up wrong on his plan

Government Handjob posted:

There's a mountain of good stuff of the silly variety from Campaign One:

Grog and Craven Edge
Do You Spice?
Bathtub Shenanigans with Percy and Vex
"Dual Wielding"
Scanlan's Magical Poo
"I'm offering you an experience"
Grog and the Deck of Many Things
Taryon Darrington's Introduction
Pike Teaches Taryon Darrington Everyone's Names
SWAN DIVE!
"I need you to vomit on these guards"
Grog Learns to Read

I know I'm probably missing all kinds of poo poo

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Disguising themselves as cows
The marqhet alcohol

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

OMg fsad fasdf is tthis gnome bard scanlans daughter hahahaha i have tears in my eyes laughing

oh my god this got wholesome so fast

queeb fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 18, 2021

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Agreed on all the cool goofy stuff from C1. All the Grog-Taryon interactions in particular are great.

e. Travis' "I can't do reverse math" moment :v:

There are some things that I'm really glad they don't do (or do way less of) for C2 though

- Eating on stream
- All the audio issues from C1
- People skyping in and having trouble following along what's happening
- Talking over each other

It's fun to see the stream go from something jury-rigged to a slick professional production.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 18, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah ashley skyping in a lot is painful just from the connection issues and stuff. its still nice when pike is around though! pike/scanlan interactions are great.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

its funny how many times people dont read their spells and try and do something and matts like uhh, read your spells. it happens to keylith the most with her grasping vine, and now she just tried to wind walk everyone and make them fly, turns out they cant attack or do anything in mist form while being attacked by 2 worms. Fits her innocent druid thing though!

queeb fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 18, 2021

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

That doesn't get much better as the campaign progresses. Even simpler stuff gets misunderstood constantly. See: Vax's assassinate feature. I'm not sure he ever remembers how and when it applies.

Sam is pretty much the only one who has a solid grasp of his class features.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 18, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

after sam solo's that house during the briarwood arc i think hes the tactical genius of the group

edit: though reading the spell, she wouldnt have even been able to cast wind walk anyways since its has a 1 minute cast time, so both matt and marisha missed that.

edit: oh they noticed it finally

is it just a thing with 5e rangers for their pet to be so useless? theyre like level 12/13 and trinket is sitting there with 60 hp and never being used

queeb fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 18, 2021

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Ranger pets being garbo is a recogbiwed thing, later versions of the class try to correct it a bit

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

queeb posted:

is it just a thing with 5e rangers for their pet to be so useless? theyre like level 12/13 and trinket is sitting there with 60 hp and never being used

Yes. Beastmaster Rangers are notoriously bad because the PC has to give up their own actions for their pet to attack, the pet's HP does not scale with levels, and if they die, they're dead for good.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Now I'm thinking about Grog's one shot, and Scanlan giving the meatball to Trinket.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

travis is so good at playing grog. any time grog is involved in a plot its insanity.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

queeb posted:

yeah ashley skyping in a lot is painful just from the connection issues and stuff.
Except for that period of the final episode of the campaign where she had connection issues at the most hilarious possible time.

The Repo Man posted:

Now I'm thinking about Grog's one shot, and Scanlan giving the meatball to Trinket.
oh god
that was the one time I thought Sam was going to literally pass out from laughter

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

queeb posted:

after sam solo's that house during the briarwood arc i think hes the tactical genius of the group

edit: though reading the spell, she wouldnt have even been able to cast wind walk anyways since its has a 1 minute cast time, so both matt and marisha missed that.

edit: oh they noticed it finally

Yeah, as noted above, Rangers, and particularly the Beastmaster, were bad enough that a recent official 5e supplement (Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything) offered near-complete revisions to improve them. Sadly C1 ended before these changes were ever a thing.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lmao grog wants that loving skull so bad

edit: oh gently caress poo poo gets real in E39

queeb fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 18, 2021

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Haha, I was waiting for you to reach that point to ask the thread:

Were any of you watching ep. 39 of C1 live? What was the reaction when that happened?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I didn't watch it live, but I watched it as soon as the VOD dropped on YouTube with some friends and it was met with a lot of silence just trying to process with an occasional, "fuuuuuuck"

Once it all sunk in though we got super hype for it and really pumped for the next episode.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

The audio mixing feels a little rough on this narrative telephone, its hard to hear some of them over the music

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjj6hYntQII

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
I suspect the S2 finale could see the Mighty 9 saving Molly by using the power of Dreams to either pull him to the forefront or to split him off from Lucien. If the former happens, than Lucien discovers one person can actually be of multiple minds in the way the Somnovem were; if the latter, it will be the Mighty 9, Essek, and Molly vs Lucien and his dream-things... which means that the Mighty 9 will have a total of nine members!

The big question is whether it's too late to help any of the other people who are part of the city now. But I'm guessing that if they beat Lucien, things will get unstable quickly and the city will collapse.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Am I the only one who doesn't think this feels like a Campaign Finale?

Caleb's entire story has yet to resolve itself. Also Fjord has hanging plot threads.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dexo posted:

Caleb's entire story has yet to resolve itself. Also Fjord has hanging plot threads.

You could have said the same near the end of the Chroma Enclave when they were around this level too.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Dexo posted:

It did feel weird when Matt called it a "final arc" or w/e last episode. Maybe the remaining threads will play out in a lucrative and entertaining series of live shows?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dexo posted:

i agree, i don't think they're going to leave that stuff unresolved. like a main character is actively being hunted by a cult trying to free its patron demigod

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Eh, they killed the champion of ukotoa, and they only got so far because they surprised them. If he had something better waiting in the wings he should have used it.

I think the sneaky snea snake is all washed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

c1e40 holy gently caress grog vs percy in ep 40 is so intense.

oh my loving god grog rolls the nat 1 on the spike the skull roll

queeb fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 19, 2021