Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Here's Chrissy's apology

Yeah she should've stayed off Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Yeah, she might wanna just hang it up on social media. Her shtick on Twitter is it to be quirky and silly but it’s gonna be hard to do that now. You told a teenager to kill herself Chrissy. You’re done.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Skwirl posted:

They weren't augmented. Dr Drew personally inspected them so he could announce on television that their breasts were real.

I feel like this story's come up in the thread before, but holy poo poo everything about this story is sickening and makes me dizzy reading about it (again). I don't remember if anybody mentioned specifics or just that Doug Hutchison was a pedophile. That guy's a loving monster, though, as is everybody else involved with humiliating and parading them around. But mostly Hutchison.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sponges posted:

Yeah, she might wanna just hang it up on social media. Her shtick on Twitter is it to be quirky and silly but it’s gonna be hard to do that now. You told a teenager to kill herself Chrissy. You’re done.

I think I've told a teenager to kill themselves before, but I was also a teenager and it was during gym class.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Chrissy could have had it good. She already walked away from Twitter once over some tone deaf rich person poo poo but then had to come back and now deal with this every time you Tweet.

Like, no one should promise to be better on Twitter. It's just Twitter. Go and be better in life. Delete the app, go and volunteer with some local charities and feed your soul or something. When half of your replies are just people who want to make you feel lovely it's time to get out of the game.

Really don't get rich people. You have the freedom and money to do what you want, help as many people as you want and this is what you concern your time with?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Twitter has absolutely broken the minds of the rich and famous, and they are all terminally addicted to it.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Skwirl posted:

And in fact when I googled her to make sure I was spelling her name right the top result is her saying the backlash makes her not want to ever do another magazine cover.

If you read the article it say she was overwhelmed and scared by the immensity of the positive response.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/billie-eilish-vogue-cover-reaction-173400970.html

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Snowman_McK posted:

It's crazy that, as petty and nasty as he was, WWTDD was somehow nowhere near the worst gossip site and looks almost principled compared to some of their competition.

That's the site that made me aware of what was eventually termed yachting, due to his constant Victoria Silvstedt updates

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Charlz Guybon posted:

If you read the article it say she was overwhelmed and scared by the immensity of the positive response.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/billie-eilish-vogue-cover-reaction-173400970.html

Why would I ever read more than the headline?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mob posted:

That's the site that made me aware of what was eventually termed yachting, due to his constant Victoria Silvstedt updates

I liked his self awareness. He pointed out that if Kelly Clarkson, who is by all accounts a very nice person, walked up and kicked him in the balls, it would hurt, but she'd be completely justified since he'd written 11 billion really mean jokes about her for no real reason.

He popped up on my twitter feed and, to my absolute astonishment, he's not a chud at all. He just seemed like someone that would have become one at some point in the last few years and he hadn't.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/LoganKenny1/status/1394132898333212675

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Snowman_McK posted:

I liked his self awareness. He pointed out that if Kelly Clarkson, who is by all accounts a very nice person, walked up and kicked him in the balls, it would hurt, but she'd be completely justified since he'd written 11 billion really mean jokes about her for no real reason.

He popped up on my twitter feed and, to my absolute astonishment, he's not a chud at all. He just seemed like someone that would have become one at some point in the last few years and he hadn't.

There are some people who look into the abyss and realise what's looking back into them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There are some people who look into the abyss and realise what's looking back into them.

:raises hand:

Been actively trying to be a better person for 5 years now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wow, he's still got a ways to go before he's a bigger piece of poo poo than his dad, but he seems to be making an honest go of it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Max is only chopping good takes now

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Wow, he's still got a ways to go before he's a bigger piece of poo poo than his dad, but he seems to be making an honest go of it.

It's an instance of 'keep him away from children' is in no way a joke.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

So it couldn’t really get any clearer that Melinda Gates is divorcing Bill because she found out, or he confessed, to having sex with kids on Epstein island

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

smellmycheese posted:

So it couldn’t really get any clearer that Melinda Gates is divorcing Bill because she found out, or he confessed, to having sex with kids on Epstein island

The only way for a billionaire to escape from his marriage was to fly to pedo island, checks out. I guess the rich really do have the same problems as us.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I cannot imagine how badly being a billionaire breaks brains where you go 'I'm going to go commit sex crimes as an escape from my marriage' instead of just...like...I don't know, buying time in a jet plane or tank or something, or just paying a whole NFL team to play exclusively in dresses, or hiring a film director to make a badass action film starring you. The only limit is your imagination and all these idiots can think of is 'drink with other billionaires' or 'do sex crimes'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't think it's possible to even become a billionaire without having sociopathic tendencies.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I don't think it's possible to even become a billionaire without having sociopathic tendencies.

yeah, it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing: does the process of becoming a billionaire break you and make you a sociopath, or is it that only someone who is already a sociopath (or very prone to it) can become a billionaire.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I would not describe that Daily Beast article as journalism but it's become clear as of yesterday that what ended the marriage was Bill consistently cheating.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Imagine tarnishing your legacy for this - jesus gently caress Gates. Could have been remembered for being a pioneer in computing and then humanitarian efforts. Now? A dumb loving pedo. Rot.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

yeah, it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing: does the process of becoming a billionaire break you and make you a sociopath, or is it that only someone who is already a sociopath (or very prone to it) can become a billionaire.

Being a billionaire invariably involves exploiting thousands of people/the US government, from a starting point that is already immensely priviliged.

Gates first real forays into tech was DoT webservices that was hooked up by his dad, and his big break with Microsoft was taking up the pieces of an antitrust suit and running away with all the good parts.

It's exploitating a vulnerability and being empathy free enough to use it to the hilt, usually at the expense of a lot of people.

In sum, pedo island is inevitable

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am not claiming Gate sis innocent but is there an actual source on the pedo island stuff yet?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rhyno posted:

I am not claiming Gate sis innocent but is there an actual source on the pedo island stuff yet?

What reason is there for any of these guys to be associated with Epstein?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm just looking for more dirt on it, the NYT article is full of "alleged." The DB seems to be the only place openly calling him a child fucker so far.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

After he got caught? None. Before then? He was still operating as a legitimate businessman. It's how he was in the position he was to begin with.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Epstein was never a legitimate businessman.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
He was a nexus for all sorts of powerful and rich people to network. Maybe because of, but not necessarily just for, the nightmare fuel stuff. A lot of the people associating with him will have been actively involved in the horror, but the majority probably weren't. Which isn't to say that they didn't know of have reason to suspect that he was a monstrous person.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Epstein was never a legitimate businessman.

quote:

In August 1981, Epstein founded his own consulting firm, Intercontinental Assets Group Inc. (IAG), which assisted clients in recovering stolen money from fraudulent brokers and lawyers. Epstein described his work at this time as being a high-level bounty hunter. He told friends that he worked sometimes as a consultant for governments and the very wealthy to recover embezzled funds, while at other times he worked for clients who had embezzled funds. Spanish actress and heiress Ana Obregón was one such wealthy client, whom Epstein helped in 1982 to recover her father's millions in lost investments, which had disappeared when Drysdale Government Securities collapsed because of fraud.

Who knows what else, if anything, he was doing at the time but he was keeping up a front as being a businessman, or a trader, or financial consultant through various guises over the years.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

Who knows what else, if anything, he was doing at the time but he was keeping up a front as being a businessman, or a trader, or financial consultant through various guises over the years.

Pretty sure that was a front too, he was pretty obviously a spook.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I suspect it's a case of him being allowed to carry on as he usually would given that he had a string of failed Investments into the 2000s, so it seems he was still running around being a 'Financier'. He was absolutely on more than one radar that's for sure. People like him don't get to exist in secret.

He did claim to friends in the late 80s/early 90s that he was a spook, but I don't think we're ever going to know for sure when he got tapped.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

I suspect it's a case of him being allowed to carry on as he usually would given that he had a string of failed Investments into the 2000s, so it seems he was still running around being a 'Financier'. He was absolutely on more than one radar that's for sure. People like him don't get to exist in secret.

He did claim to friends in the late 80s/early 90s that he was a spook, but I don't think we're ever going to know for sure when he got tapped.

He was recruited into teaching by Bill Barr's father who had known ties to the CIA, then somehow met Alan Greenberg who decides to hire a high school math teacher that had just been fired for poor performance to work at Bear Sterns.

He was absolutely a CIA asset at one point in time.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Also his mom-girlfriend was the daughter of an extremely infamous mossad guy and probable CIA asset, Epstein’s entire existence was basically to be a meat puppet for various intelligence agency blackmail operations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Skwirl posted:

Yeah wasn't he just some no name college student and somehow got in with some big name Bush admin guy and then he somehow had a billion dollars and his own island

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Skwirl posted:

He was absolutely a CIA Mossad asset at one point in time.

Fixed that for you.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009
This thread is indistinguishable from Q-Anon.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Marlows posted:

This thread is indistinguishable from Q-Anon.

"So there's this guy who is a convicted sex offender, human trafficker, and child rapist who also had an - extensively documented - literal child rape island in the Caribbean, who not only had a - concretely documented and repeatedly verifiable - history of throwing sketchy sex parties on said child rape island, but has had multiple, independent, publicly known connections and relationships with figures in multiple intelligence agencies. All of this is stuff that can be verified from multiple reputable sources and is largely uncontested by even people directly implicated in his dealings."

"WOW Q-ANON MUCH"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

"So there's this guy who is a convicted sex offender, human trafficker, and child rapist who also had an - extensively documented - literal child rape island in the Caribbean, who not only had a - concretely documented and repeatedly verifiable - history of throwing sketchy sex parties on said child rape island, but has had multiple, independent, publicly known connections and relationships with figures in multiple intelligence agencies. All of this is stuff that can be verified from multiple reputable sources and is largely uncontested by even people directly implicated in his dealings."

"WOW Q-ANON MUCH"

You actually have to be a conspiracy theorist to think Epstein killed himself. You honestly have to jump through a whole lot of insanely irrational and illogical hoops to think he just offed himself in a cell one night