Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Also someone explain to me wtf a torchlight hike is and why something that sounds like a gimmicky outdoors activity for hipsters is more noteworthy than the general rear end in a top hat attitudes of suckless devs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Dont Touch ME posted:

Also someone explain to me wtf a torchlight hike is and why something that sounds like a gimmicky outdoors activity for hipsters is more noteworthy than the general rear end in a top hat attitudes of suckless devs

it's literally a nazi thing you dumbass

as is accusing others of "cultural marxism"

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

BobHoward posted:

it's literally a nazi thing you dumbass

as is accusing others of "cultural marxism"

Have u considered i asked because im not at all interested in scrolling the timeline to keep up to date with the anglo level 4 simulacra cultural brain damage? Isnt cultural marxism a jordan beterson thing? I tried to look that poo poo up and all i got was tourism websites stating it was fun for the whole fam. Mmm yeah guess im fuckjng dumb for not realizing walking in the woods w torches is some white supremacist poo poo like wtf how cpuld i fuckin NOT know that jeeze. Like slow ur fuckin roll, these gizmos stopped being halal with being prete tious assholes, just wanted to know why this dumb poo poo was what would convince ppl to not associate instead of the blatant poo poo social skills they practice in their own irc

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dont Touch ME posted:

Have u considered i asked because im not at all interested in scrolling the timeline to keep up to date with the anglo level 4 simulacra cultural brain damage? Isnt cultural marxism a jordan beterson thing? I tried to look that poo poo up and all i got was tourism websites stating it was fun for the whole fam. Mmm yeah guess im fuckjng dumb for not realizing walking in the woods w torches is some white supremacist poo poo like wtf how cpuld i fuckin NOT know that jeeze. Like slow ur fuckin roll, these gizmos stopped being halal with being prete tious assholes, just wanted to know why this dumb poo poo was what would convince ppl to not associate instead of the blatant poo poo social skills they practice in their own irc
Jordan peterson is a nazi, hope this helps.

Also have you looked at the wikipedia page for cultural marxism?

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

No because continental philosophy after baudrillard is a bad joke. But now i know i guess.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
anybody using linux right now

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Tryin to fix pulseaudio jacking my sound card so I can watch bilibili without having to close cmus

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

mycophobia posted:

yeah and i can't take it anymore. switching to bsd, see u losers

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Dont Touch ME posted:

Tryin to fix pulseaudio jacking my sound card so I can watch bilibili without having to close cmus

have you tried reading the man page?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

specifically, the cmus man page where it explains how to choose the pulse output plugin

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

No because it's not a cmus problem, it's a pulse audio problem. Doesn't have to be cmus, can be a game or a movie or w/e.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dont Touch ME posted:

No because it's not a cmus problem, it's a pulse audio problem. Doesn't have to be cmus, can be a game or a movie or w/e.
The solution is use pulseaudio.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

switch to openbsd, sndio seems to just work out of the box

animist
Aug 28, 2018

mycophobia posted:

im using android so yes :smug:

hifi posted:

im not a huge fan of tiling wms because i think all the tiling schemes are less useful than 2 windows side by side and then as many monitors as you can fit on your desk and then virtual desktops to switch between

this is exactly what I use i3 for lol

sometimes I make a virtual desktop with 3 windows though. usually when I have like 3 terminals open displaying monitoring info on some server. htop -d 1 is great if you wanna look like you're doing something really computery

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Fourth time for me tonight, gotta call it, getting pretty squishy and sore

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Oh, cmus, whoops

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

mystes posted:

high up the list of things I never expected anyone to say

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mystes posted:

you misspelled pipewire

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Dont Touch ME posted:

source your quotes plz

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

look at the anger engendered by using desktop linux

do not use linux as a desktop os. it drives people to madness

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Dont Touch ME posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Gentle Autist posted:

look at the anger engendered by using desktop linux

do not use linux as a desktop os. it drives people to madness

I didn't think it could happen to me... until I got drunk and started ranting about The Jews. Linux: Not Even Once.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Dont Touch ME posted:

cmus.jar

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Dont Touch ME posted:

Have u considered i asked because im not at all interested in scrolling the timeline to keep up to date with the anglo level 4 simulacra cultural brain damage? Isnt cultural marxism a jordan beterson thing?

It's literally Kulturbolschewismus pushed through a thesaurus. I'm not even sure it qualifies as a dogwhistle, it's that blatant.

Buck Turgidson posted:

dwm: sieg tile!

That doesn't work. You have to objects in your sentence.

"Tile Heil!" would work fine, though. You could adopt it as the tradtional greeting of tiling wm fans. You could even answer with "Tile Dank!" as a response to a "Tile Heil!" if you managed to configure your wm correctly. It would be a bit old-fashioned but nobody would look at you funnier than they already do. :eng101:

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Big fan of people calling the Daily Mail the Daily Heil, revealing to everyone that they don't know how it's pronounced

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh no

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
I just read a blog post how upgrading to the new version of Fedora hosed someone’s graphics and stuff. It was such an awful read. Why isn’t upgrading to a new Fedora a crime yet?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

RocketLunatic posted:

I just read a blog post how upgrading to the new version of Fedora hosed someone’s graphics and stuff. It was such an awful read. Why isn’t upgrading to a new Fedora a crime yet?

if you read this thread you can see where it hosed somebody's ssd too

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

RocketLunatic posted:

why are you not linking so we can lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

RocketLunatic posted:

lol i think this happened to me, it uninstalled the nvidia drivers and now the graphical environment wont' start but it was just a fart around partition so i haven't done anything with it yet

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

RocketLunatic posted:

Why isn’t upgrading to a new Fedora a crime yet?

no victim blaming please

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

The_Franz posted:

you misspelled pipewire

Is Pipewire good enough to use now?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
It reimplements a Pulseaudio server, so it certainly can't be any worse. :ugly:

(Why is :ugly: not on SA? That's a grave oversight imo)

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Antigravitas posted:

It reimplements a Pulseaudio server, so it certainly can't be any worse. :ugly:

(Why is :ugly: not on SA? That's a grave oversight imo)

post a selfie and i'll buy it

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

pipewire has been a straightforward drop-in replacement, i installed it and then forgot about it

but this was on arch where everything is a super recent build so it's probably not the same if you're on ubuntu from 5 years ago or whatever

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I installed proxmox on my 2012 macmini and the nic doesn't work, the driver crashes after some light traffic, its a known problem and also a regression thats existed for years, so I have to use a usb nic. https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12877

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
just use the apple driver

also, install mac os

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
Its end of life, I'd have to use opencore to install Big Sur, also I'm going to run poo poo in docker anyways and would like write speed over 10MB/s that docker on osx provides.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Progressive JPEG posted:

pipewire has been a straightforward drop-in replacement, i installed it and then forgot about it

but this was on arch where everything is a super recent build so it's probably not the same if you're on ubuntu from 5 years ago or whatever

That's great to hear, I'm gonna try it. :)

Is it good enough for audio-production?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

idk i just use it for spotify and zoom meetings, seems fine for those