Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I got something I want a grey alien bro to colonize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Somebody has issued a correction as of 18:29 on May 19, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hatebag posted:

People are seeing them with their naked eyes though. The videos released are flir cams showing infrared video of coherent objects moving around but the pilots have gotten visual confirmation as well.

The only hard evidence always being something that just looks like a blotch that you can't make out any detail on is not very convincing, and eye-witness accounts are not even close to sufficient for this sort of thing.

It seems very unlikely to me that aliens are both incapable of hiding from the US military and coincidentally can only be captured on video as blotches (and about equally unlikely that the US military secretly developed some hyper-technology incomparable to anything the public is aware of).

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i bet the ancient high-tech deep-sea octopus people have some real good weed

sea-weed

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

The only hard evidence always being something that just looks like a blotch that you can't make out any detail on is not very convincing, and eye-witness accounts are not even close to sufficient for this sort of thing.

It seems very unlikely to me that aliens are both incapable of hiding from the US military and coincidentally can only be captured on video as blotches (and about equally unlikely that the US military secretly developed some hyper-technology incomparable to anything the public is aware of).

If you watched the flir cams and didn't think they were showing some kind of aircraft then there's no evidence you'd accept so why bother talking?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

all the form changing meta materials and frictonless plasma bubbles in the world arent as interesting as elusive companions that have always been here but we lack the perceptive ability to comprehend

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

all the form changing meta materials and frictonless plasma bubbles in the world arent as interesting as elusive companions that have always been here but we lack the perceptive ability to comprehend

It's the same for them but they only catch fleeting glimpses of us when we jack off.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

really though shape changing orange orbs are (among) the most common modern ufos reported and thats pretty much exactly how a plasma bubble would look. in the before times you could pay to go up a mountain near enough to groom lake to seem them projecting plasma bubbles into the atmosphere- they did the tests the same time every week folks sold tickets

what was done to the sheehan family is extremely cspam

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 17:11 on May 19, 2021

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

balloon boy is out there

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
too many people spending their spare time on Qanon/Epstein poo poo and making the CIA embarrassed. now people in polite society are starting to think they're a bunch of pedo satanists instead of cool secret agents. need to get people talking about aliens and bigfeet and poo poo again so people who work in Langley can get free entrees.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
funnily enough a plasma bubble is seemingly just another kind of balloon

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I get a lot of plasma bubbles after eating a big bowl of spicy chili :blush:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Gods_Butthole posted:

I get a lot of plasma bubbles after eating a big bowl of spicy chili :blush:

swamp gas

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
so I’ve always assumed that ufos are mainly cover for intelligence shenanigans and abduction communities and resulting cults were and are infiltrated or just built around intelligence assets. these were often used to discredit activists or other dissidents or as cover for other domestic intelligence poo poo.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

cool

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Danger posted:

so I’ve always assumed that ufos are mainly cover for intelligence shenanigans and abduction communities and resulting cults were and are infiltrated or just built around intelligence assets. these were often used to discredit activists or other dissidents or as cover for other domestic intelligence poo poo.

wow, thats pretty hosed up of 60 minutes to do

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Danger posted:

there are on the record examples of all this :3:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

there are on the record examples of all this :3:

yea. notably Barney and Betty Hill lol

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Danger posted:

yeah it's like 50% psyop and 50% real and also sometimes a real psyop. hard 2 tell, can't trust anyone

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I'm actually really interested in what the new technology is this time. In the 50's and 60's it was high-speed, high-altitude spy planes, in the 70's and 80's it was stealth fighters/bombers, and in the 90's it was drones.

Guess we'll find out in the next war! After all, the stealth fighters were the star of Gulf War 1 and Drones for Gulf War 2. Can't wait to see what Gulf War 3 gives us!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mecha Gojira posted:

Guess we'll find out in the next war! After all, the stealth fighters were the star of Gulf War 1 and Drones for Gulf War 2. Can't wait to see what Gulf War 3 gives us!

turns out it is chinese lanterns, sorry op

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lol

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Delta-Wye posted:

turns out it is chinese lanterns, sorry op

aww, drat. oh well.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Danger posted:

Could just be bored as gently caress FBI agents.

https://twitter.com/guardianfilm/status/499962280847491072

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

you're all really harshing the positive alien buzz this thread had going you know

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i wish i could put one of those anti grey alien stickers from the 90s on your post

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

you're all really harshing the positive alien buzz this thread had going you know

My fav explanation for the Nimitz encounter is literally no one knows, it's by far the funniest. for what we spend on the military, we get precious little of actualized value.

Still vibing on the little green men explanation too tho, good poo poo considering the overt disclosure happening. i want the others to come clean with all the recorded WW2 foofighter footage they must have took, would be great to watch. :munch:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

it’s be really weird like if the first and most infamous ufo abduction cases and following cases were concentrated amongst people active in labor and civil rights movements during the era they became more endemic.

hmm I’ve never seen a picture of Betty and Barney Hill let me just google that really quick...
and while I’m at it let me google if they were involved in labor and civil rights movements...

hmm wonder if anyone high up in military intelligence had been associating with them beforehand...

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

before the abduction narrative alphabet soup was messing with the contactee narrative and possibly inserting their own people as personalities in the field

i wouldnt be surprised if raymond palmer ended up being a patriotic stooge being fed his supper and richard shaver some useful protoMK victim

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

For real can't we just have fun speculating? I'm so loving bored.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Zisky posted:

sorry. it always boils down to the white ethnostate committing egregious acts against its own citizens to suppress any kind of progressive movement.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Zisky posted:

broke: anything else

woke: star men in metal boats

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

also lol that Obama specifically is playfully talking about UFOs. like what more proof do you need.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Danger posted:

sorry. it always boils down to the white ethnostate committing egregious acts against its own citizens to suppress any kind of progressive movement.

It can be both though. Theoretically

Or just the abductions are CIA and the craft can still be aliens

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Danger posted:

Israelians/Palestaliens

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

crazy, paranoid mind: the US intelligence apparatus was openly experimenting with hallucinogenic mind control to disrupt and discredit dissident communities in labor and progressive movements. there is a monumental amount of documented proof of this.

open, accepting mind: its aliens like in Star Trek or something.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

before the abduction narrative alphabet soup was messing with the contactee narrative and possibly inserting their own people as personalities in the field

i wouldnt be surprised if raymond palmer ended up being a patriotic stooge being fed his supper and richard shaver some useful protoMK victim

Shaver was a communist orator early on so it's totally possible he was on the FBI's radar ...

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Star Trek: the noble thing is to use these indigenous populations to wage a proxy war against our ideological enemies at their expense. the destruction of their society is acceptable. we are scientists.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Danger: I'm a dork and I hate fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Also, the Shaver stories are crazy horny but I don't know if that was Shaver's thing or Palmer who punched them up for publication. Lots of sexy snake ladies and so on.