Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Skwirl posted:

They have Jean in a comic costume, Logan in what he mostly wears in the movies, but Scott they just have in sweat pants.

Says a lot about their individual fetishes: Jean dressed up for Scott, Logan dressed up for Jean, and Logan likes 'em casual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Way of X #2: Huh. That did not go where I expected it to. This issue is even more interesting and exciting than the first.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I'm on board with way of x if it keeps making my brain tingle.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yuuuuup. That was really really good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Way of X noooooo what are you doing don’t even say that loving word

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

....is it Kitty again?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rand Brittain posted:

....is it Kitty again?
It is not a Gamer Word

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
N/m, my own fault for posting before I reached the end.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 19, 2021

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Loving Way of X but Dr. Nemesis's head fungus really creeps me out.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ah! Son of a bitch!

Onslaught is the Patchwork Man

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

But... we just pretended that it never happened...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

For heaven's sake, we all agreed on this years ago, Mr Spurrier! You can't just bring the unmentionable back!

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

There are few writers that I'd trust to do it well, but Si Spurrier is one of them.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I didn't like Way of X #1 but #2 has me. Really intriguing stuff.

I also liked Wolverine this week but I don't think anyone is reading Wolverine anymore. :smith:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Wolverine was great, felt much more like an Age of X title in this issue than it has before.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I didn't like Way of X #1 but #2 has me. Really intriguing stuff.

I also liked Wolverine this week but I don't think anyone is reading Wolverine anymore. :smith:

I'm reading Wolverine, I just haven't picked up my books in a while

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Spurrier you absolute madman. So, real talk, I genuinely thought Onslaught was Krakoa's endgame. Like how Hickman's Avengers and Fantastic 4 led to Secret Wars, I thought his X-Men would lead to Onslaught and Heroes Reborn. I've now been proven wrong, but I am onboard with it.

I still think the endgame is Hickman redoing another big X-Men event though, just because of the precedent

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Hickman is a big fan of Age of Apocalypse.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Adnor posted:

There are few writers that I'd trust to do it well, but Si Spurrier is one of them.

Yeah, I trust Spurrier. I love it when writers go back to awful or bad concepts from years ago and make them better.

Also, I like Pixie as Kurt's sidekick; I hope she keeps being part of his team.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
How did he get out of the Negative Zone though?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The curveball of making you think Legion was gonna be the villain for this run and instead making him part of Kurt's team while making Onslaught the real villain was a great twist. It's something that is obvious when you think about it, but was enough of a misdirect where you didn't look too closely at the clues.

Pixie is also a fun character so I'm happy when she gets to be used more.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Totally random, but I’m still carrying a torch for Vulpes getting an X book. I might cry if Cyclops is there to greet Ugly John when he gets resurrected.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
What project is Magneto enlisting Ωs for?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ping pong tournament, has to be.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
My buddy insists that Magneto is gearing up to terraform Mars.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Way of X: Legion bringing himself back ruled and I especially love him doing it directly behind Xavier going all "oh he's too dangerous to bring back" (especially because it's totally hypocritical since he just brought back Orphan-Maker a few months back despite his unnamed power supposedly being able to kill everyone on the island if he isn't shoved in an armor)

Anyway regarding X-Men in general, I think it's real neat that all the X-Men get to have crazy costumes for a gala but I gotta say that I am really liking all the current books' direction and don't care for yet another event interrupting everything.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TwoPair posted:

Way of X: Legion bringing himself back ruled and I especially love him doing it directly behind Xavier going all "oh he's too dangerous to bring back" (especially because it's totally hypocritical since he just brought back Orphan-Maker a few months back despite his unnamed power supposedly being able to kill everyone on the island if he isn't shoved in an armor)

Anyway regarding X-Men in general, I think it's real neat that all the X-Men get to have crazy costumes for a gala but I gotta say that I am really liking all the current books' direction and don't care for yet another event interrupting everything.

It’s an event in the way they would have the x-men baseball game an event with each book another inning

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

It’s an event in the way they would have the x-men baseball game an event with each book another inning

Speaking of: Krakoa needs baseball teams.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Adder Moray posted:

Speaking of: Krakoa needs baseball teams.

Heck yes. Just call it the X-League. Shonen sports drama but X-Men.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://twitter.com/davaja/status/1395414552133701634

drat, AJA.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is dope.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Saoshyant posted:

But... we just pretended that it never happened...

I think a major theme of the current direction of X-Men is acknowledging and confronting everything that's happened in the books before now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DynamicSloth posted:

What project is Magneto enlisting Ωs for?

Probably whatever leads to this "Trial of Magneto" book.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope we aren't losing Teen Cable.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I hope we aren't losing Teen Cable.

The book is canceled, but Scott put a pretty firm hand down on replacing teen cable with old cable.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Skwirl posted:

The book is canceled, but Scott put a pretty firm hand down on replacing teen cable with old cable.

Ewing is writing an Old Cable book as part of his GOTG/SWORD crossover this summer.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Plus I think the latest issue of Cable with the log pages practically all but said Cable isn't dead/will be coming back eventually.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Skwirl posted:

Not canceled, ending. Duggan's been clear that the story is coming its intended end.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the old cable who appeared in cable had the light of galador. so, he is the aged version of teen cable and not the previous old cable who never lived in the present as teen cable.

fuckin' x-men, amirite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Y'know, I realize that Onslaught (the storyline) is about as bad a big bloated dumbass comic event with inexplicably extensive fallout as there ever has been, but I don't think Onslaught (The concept) is irredeemable

Xavier and Magneto are both shady as gently caress, with alarming frequency (Magneto goes harder, while Xavier is low key shady all the drat time) and the idea of Chuck taking liberties with his powers causing unforeseen consequences isn't that weird, because it happens so often, not the least of which being him acting all time skeevy in the X-Men / Micronauts crossover.

And more than anything , I think he looks cool. It's Magneto's cool looking helmet, with a permanently shaded in face, on a big pointy suit of armor.

If nothing else, he is way cooler than Knull.