Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .
Emphasis on the last syllable of poLICE. They're good guys. They ask me opinions about masculine fashion sometimes and never break omertà about not telling things to our shitbag parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

ElHuevoGrande posted:

Just lol on the gender stuff. My mom is deeply, deeply offended that her oldest daughter turned out to be a butch lesbian. Up until around 30, every time I came home I would get the "you could be so pretty if you tried." And "Lets get you a nice dress for [EVENT]." Then eventually she tapered off into passive aggressive "I guess you just don't care how you look." If that woman only knew how much $$$ I've blown on bespoke suits. . .well she'd have something else to feel aggrieved and superior over.

The answer turned out to be working on my relationship with my 4 siblings. The last time she tried to shame me (over my wallet, of all things), I just narrowed my eyes and called her the heteronormative gender police. She tried again so I said it again. Then one of my brothers repeated it. Then ALL of my brothers started banging on the kitchen table, chanting HETERONORMATIVE GENDER POLICE until she threw her hands up and literally fled the room. It's one of the best memories of my life, and she has never mentioned my gender presentation again.

This post loving rules.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I was trying to make it fit to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", but the cadence of "police" defeats me.

I went with Spongebob mentally- and also, that's an amazing story!

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I like the cadence of "HETero NORMative GENder polICE", like a rollicking carriage wagon

also loving lmao, that's great

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I like the cadence of "HETero NORMative GENder polICE", like a rollicking carriage wagon

this is what I was thinking. Also like your wallet as in your physical wallet? What is there a fully sick non-ladylike cobra on it?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

ElHuevoGrande posted:

Just lol on the gender stuff. My mom is deeply, deeply offended that her oldest daughter turned out to be a butch lesbian. Up until around 30, every time I came home I would get the "you could be so pretty if you tried." And "Lets get you a nice dress for [EVENT]." Then eventually she tapered off into passive aggressive "I guess you just don't care how you look." If that woman only knew how much $$$ I've blown on bespoke suits. . .well she'd have something else to feel aggrieved and superior over.

The answer turned out to be working on my relationship with my 4 siblings. The last time she tried to shame me (over my wallet, of all things), I just narrowed my eyes and called her the heteronormative gender police. She tried again so I said it again. Then one of my brothers repeated it. Then ALL of my brothers started banging on the kitchen table, chanting HETERONORMATIVE GENDER POLICE until she threw her hands up and literally fled the room. It's one of the best memories of my life, and she has never mentioned my gender presentation again.

Oh my gods I love you now.

This owns.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That was a loving delight to read

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .

Arcella posted:

this is what I was thinking. Also like your wallet as in your physical wallet? What is there a fully sick non-ladylike cobra on it?

It was a plain bifold from Saddleback Leather. But now I want a cobra wallet, that's rad.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

ElHuevoGrande posted:

It was a plain bifold from Saddleback Leather. But now I want a cobra wallet, that's rad.
But that's not a wallet for a lady, women are supposed to use giant wallets that are completely unusable unless you lug a purse around all day every day! :monocle:

I can't imagine even noticing someone else's wallet unless it's got a really obvious cool design on it, but I guess your mom was scraping the bottom of the barrel for poo poo to complain about.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

YAY gender normative wallet talk! I thought this topic would never come up.

I am a cis-het dude, that looks like and presents as a cis het dude. Yet because I am comfortable within that fact, I like to buy and use ludicrous wallets.

My current wallet is pink, shiny, and has a picture of a cute bunny on it. And the reactions to it are petty much mostly along gender lines. Woemn see it, giggle and compliment me on how cute it is. Blokes see it, scowl and ask me why I am carrying a chicks/kids wallet.

So keep fighting the good fight my cobra leather wallet having sisters! And never fear the Heteronormative Gender Police.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

My mom called me to remind me that on this day 37 years ago I caused her immense pain.

Well, buddy, you've caused me immense pain every day for thirty seven years. Congratulations mom, tomorrow is my birthday and I'm taking to the woods, feral and naked, and I will not return until Monday. Probably. Good luck calling me about that poo poo.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Mormon Nailer posted:

My mom called me to remind me that on this day 37 years ago I caused her immense pain.

Well, buddy, you've caused me immense pain every day for thirty seven years. Congratulations mom, tomorrow is my birthday and I'm taking to the woods, feral and naked, and I will not return until Monday. Probably. Good luck calling me about that poo poo.

It's your day, not hers. Sounds like you have it planned out.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Rejected Parents: Heteronormative Gender Police

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
is it a thing to be constantly told how difficult of a birth you were? i was born ridiculously premature (to the point where they didn't know i'd even survive) and heard about it often

abuse; that's the thing to do with your kid when they almost die, right? beat the poo poo out of them and treat them like garbage until they get fed up and leave as an adult?

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
What a great story, I got a good laugh out of that

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

nishi koichi posted:

is it a thing to be constantly told how difficult of a birth you were? i was born ridiculously premature (to the point where they didn't know i'd even survive) and heard about it often

abuse; that's the thing to do with your kid when they almost die, right? beat the poo poo out of them and treat them like garbage until they get fed up and leave as an adult?

How difficult can it be to birth a preemie? Little suckers should slide right out.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

nishi koichi posted:

Abuse can take many forms

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i've lost the ability to tell who is joking and who isn't, but i was a c-section. she relied on her looks a lot and i guess i ruined her or something, between the difficulties of a preemie and "losing her looks" because of me, she hated me from the beginning, sort of liked me when she thought i was a cute little girl, and it only got worse when i started to become my own person and realize i was a dude

edit: doesn't help that my brain was hosed as a kid and got way worse when my dad died, when i was eight. way worse. i took a huge nosedive and never recovered

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

nishi koichi posted:

i've lost the ability to tell who is joking and who isn't, but i was a c-section. she relied on her looks a lot and i guess i ruined her or something, between the difficulties of a preemie and "losing her looks" because of me, she hated me from the beginning, sort of liked me when she thought i was a cute little girl, and it only got worse when i started to become my own person and realize i was a dude

edit: doesn't help that my brain was hosed as a kid and got way worse when my dad died, when i was eight. way worse. i took a huge nosedive and never recovered

Narcissists really love that time when you're small and dependent, and the narcissist parent is your whole world. And when you start to change, and grow up, and grow away they have a problem with that. They make everything harder than it has to be. For no drat reason. My mother told me about my birth once. It was a, "Here's what happened. Yeah it sucked, but this is what I went through," and that was it. My stepmother gave birth to three kids and would tell random people on the loving street about how hard it was, and how she had a hysterectomy, and other bullshit no one else cared about. She's a heartless loving loon. So is anyone who blames their kid for being born or stealing their youth or whatever else.

Planet X posted:

What a great story, I got a good laugh out of that

I'm stupid and misreading things today. Sorry!

ohnobugs fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 20, 2021

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

ohnobugs posted:

gently caress off.

Lieutenant Dan posted:

This is what I was chuckling at, the idea of supportive brothers chanting an abusive mother out of the room. I'm not sure what's so bad about that when others in the thread had the same reaction.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Planet X posted:

This is what I was chuckling at, the idea of supportive brothers chanting an abusive mother out of the room. I'm not sure what's so bad about that when others in the thread had the same reaction.

Thanks for the clarification. You posted that after people posted a bunch of different stories.

vv Yeah you're right. I'm dumb. Sorry

ohnobugs fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 20, 2021

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ohnobugs posted:

gently caress off.

Why? Don't do this please.

Edit: saw the above post. Thank you but, listen, this thread is a really amazing space and if I hear a gently caress off in here it's going to be met with loving consequences. That's the only time I'll say it.

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 20, 2021

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Considering the sensitive nature of the stories in this thread, and me not quoting the post, I can see how someone would have thought I was being deliberately insensitive.

We're all good we can move on.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Given the changing nature of the posts maybe it's time to consider moving the thread to E/N? Mocking the posts of delusional monsters is a very different thread than supporting people raised by delusional monsters.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Weird as it sounds, I kind of like it in GBS. We may not be finding stories on the net but we’re kind of poking into each other’s stories. It’s like an odd little oasis on The Worst Forum.

Also there was a thread in E/N that p much died.

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

ohnobugs posted:

Narcissists really love that time when you're small and dependent, and the narcissist parent is your whole world. And when you start to change, and grow up, and grow away they have a problem with that. .

Definitely this. One of my mother's favourite things to say is "You were much nicer before you learned to talk"

Or it would be if we ever talked.

Same for the "ruining my body" rubbish. Getting old must be causing her a lot of distress.

Currently checking Amazon for a cobra wallet. I want a bright pink one with sparkles.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

teen witch posted:

Weird as it sounds, I kind of like it in GBS. We may not be finding stories on the net but we’re kind of poking into each other’s stories. It’s like an odd little oasis on The Worst Forum.

I concur with this. Keep the thread in here, it's one of the best parts of GBS.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Dongsturm posted:

Same for the "ruining my body" rubbish. Getting old must be causing her a lot of distress.

ahaha, jesus christ, you don't know the half of it. she'd spend so much money to desperately reverse aging, she's so loving vain. i get that there's a societal pressure for women to look younger, but she was ultra-obsessed

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

teen witch posted:

I like it in GBS too, I never would've stumbled across the thread otherwise. (Ironically) E/N gets too depressing for me at times, so I'm glad it's here.

nishi koichi posted:

oh man, that's my mom to a tee, too. I was a c-section and she always tells me how painful it was and how I'll never understand it, and that's why she doesn't owe me anything and I owe her literally the rest of my life. She's also obsessed with appearance and spends massive amounts on beauty products and refuses to go in the sun and poo poo like that. Are they cranking these moms out in a factory?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oddly enough it was always my father that needed to remind me that I was two weeks late and my mother was in so much pain. I honestly don't think she ever mentioned it herself.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I was trying to make it fit to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", but the cadence of "police" defeats me.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Eh just a few pages ago people were still posting the stories about bad parents. It’s got a good mix and people should be able to post their own accounts too.

Also E/N is basically dead

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I like it in GBS too, I never would've stumbled across the thread otherwise. (Ironically) E/N gets too depressing for me at times, so I'm glad it's here.

oh man, that's my mom to a tee, too. I was a c-section and she always tells me how painful it was and how I'll never understand it, and that's why she doesn't owe me anything and I owe her literally the rest of my life. She's also obsessed with appearance and spends massive amounts on beauty products and refuses to go in the sun and poo poo like that. Are they cranking these moms out in a factory?

narcissism is the template yep

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I like this thread getting new looks and posters all the time instead of 5 of us using it as a chatroom. I think some crossover threads are good for GBS in general.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

there are probably some people who come here to rubberneck, but if people can read what we post and realize things about themselves and their awful families, get help, and take steps to separate from them, it's well worth it. i like this thread right where it is.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I came to rubberneck, and eventually realized my father was emotionally abusive.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

oh yeah. abuse can be one of those things you just don't realize is happening to you while you're in it, the proverbial frog in the pot

it took seeing my high school friends' reactions to things my mother would do, and how they looked so happy and relaxed with their own parents, to realize i was really hosed over in that department

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

nishi koichi posted:

oh yeah. abuse can be one of those things you just don't realize is happening to you while you're in it, the proverbial frog in the pot

it took seeing my high school friends' reactions to things my mother would do, and how they looked so happy and relaxed with their own parents, to realize i was really hosed over in that department

Marrying my wife was a HUGE eye-opener. When I realized that normal families don't act like mine I took a severe, neck breaking, double-take.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
For sure. Watching my partner's mom and dad, and how they interact with her and each other, was like a big ol' revelatory smack in the face. And they're friggin divorced.

I'm also remembering my high school boyfriend's family were extraordinarily kind to me, taking me and him out to dinner after sports and picking me up for school and stuff, and now I'm realizing WHY they were so kind to me. They interacted with my parents a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .
Seeing a mix of terrible parents stories, plus those of you with normal-ish families reacting to them with amazement and disgust is what convinced me to see a therapist like a year ago, so rubbernecking and GBS style mockery is a thumbs up from me. Namaste.