Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dy just spent so much time talking about everything I literally don’t know his opinions on anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m also a lil drunk rn tbf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

get the beers in buddy

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

I am not, on principle, against the Hal vote. If I do join it, however, I'd like to be more certain that I agree with it.

I'll check back in later when I'm more available.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh no!

I’m gonna need a beer soon it seems

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Dy just spent so much time talking about everything I literally don’t know his opinions on anything.

Mr Steak is scum
AT-LOW is probably scum, if not, maybe you? I hope not
Hal maybe, when he posts it makes sense but he is playing so soft and passive that his opinions don't have a lot of consequences
ilmucche and sng kind of blur into the background but ilmucche really likes rolefishing
random is right about a lot of stuff but could be playing the scum foil to merk/steak scum

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Want to vote for today: Steak

Won't vote for today: random, ilmucche, sng, Sandwolf

Maybe if I absolutely have to: AT-LOW... maaaaaaaaaaaybe Hal, I'm not sure if I would rather have a no-execution or him, that's really hard.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

##vote Hal

I’ll put my vote where my mouth is, Hal is scum, let’s lunch him today and at low tomorrow, let’s make a comeback.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

No guts no glory.

##unvote

##vote Hal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hal Insandenza has been hammered! Sure would be a shame if their flip were janitored, wouldn't it?

Votecount for Day 5

Hal Insandenza (5): Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, ilmucche, sandnavyguy, dy.
.random (1): AT-LOW
ilmucche (1): Hal Insandenza, Hal Insandenza, Hal Insandenza
Mr. Steak (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, dy., dy.
AT-LOW (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (1): .random

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 20th, 2021 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 52 minutes.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Well that's unfortunate.

Let's see if the game ends, I suppose.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol guess I should drink more while playing mafia

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

I do not drink... wine in front of all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost: Thank you guys! I was worried you wouldn’t do it :ghost:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Hal, Oddsmaker, Toxic Vig, has been executed.

The scum now control the game. The Oddsmaker won on all of his predictions. The town is drinking alone tonight in sorrow.

Scum and Oddsmaker Victory.

Scum: dy, merk, Steak and SNG

Oddsmaker: the one and only Hal

Thank you all for playing. I’ll post more info once I get home but feel free to talk and share anything you want.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh snap I was right about steak and I knew the SNG gavel thing was a trick

Sneaky sneaky dy

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Good god was I wrong on everything this game. Well played, thanks for killing me Hal as I would have spelled doom for town even earlier.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Good game y’all!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

gg!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Whew man mafia is so stressful. Sorry for lying to you all. Great job scum team.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

What is an Oddsmaker?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Absolutely incredible that steak survived. I have no idea how that happened but well done, steak. That last day was really painful to watch.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Absolutely incredible that steak survived. I have no idea how that happened but well done, steak. That last day was really painful to watch.
For real me too.

Just to be clear my consternation at the town not seeing Steak as scum was 100% real. I could not believe it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

What is an Oddsmaker?

A role I played poorly

I’ll let voodoo explain it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The power of steak

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

dy. posted:

For real me too.

Just to be clear my consternation at the town not seeing Steak as scum was 100% real. I could not believe it.

That's part of what swung me around on you.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

i have no idea either. i should have been turbod on day 3 and i was living on borrowed time from then on

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

I actually feel very vindicated by this scumteam

.random
May 7, 2007

AT-LOW posted:

You were on me so hard :(

I wasn’t going to vote you. I was going to vote Steakums. I probably would have voted ONE OF dy and SNG at some point but probably never both. That was a painful game. Good game y’all.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

AT-LOW posted:

ATLOW you were voting random and refused to vote Steak.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

dy. posted:

AT-LOW posted:

I would vote Steak.

Even in the postgame you are literally not reading my posts and just making up what you thought I was saying lol

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

AT-LOW posted:

Even in the postgame you are literally not reading my posts and just making up what you thought I was saying lol

You said that after you said you wouldn't vote him that day and I asked you what you would do if the game hinged on you making a decision.

Not trying to rub it in or anything... just sounded a little revisionist there.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

dy. posted:

In any case, the point is that I screamed about dy all day 1, screamed about steak all day 2, accidentally landed rear end first into a merk case, and went for SNG first thing day 3 but got pushed away by sandwolf

My random read was a misfire, but I have every right to feel self-satisfied about my instincts.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

dy. posted:

You said that after you said you wouldn't vote him that day

Please quote the post where I said this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

At-low I thought you did pretty well for a game where town in general was not very good

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

AT-LOW posted:

Please quote the post where I said this
Nah it's cool, I take it back.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

dy. posted:

Nah it's cool, I take it back.

My point is really just that I think you read "I have wifom poisoning on steak" as "I won't vote" when it meant "I have 0% confidence in any read I might try to generate on him"

It just felt like you were reading so much more into my posts at the end than I actually said and not even as a scum thing lol

So watch for that as town, is what I'm saying

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Oddsmaker: this was an experimental role so I’m glad Hal was willing to try it and work with me. It’s way too complicated and, at the least, changing predictions should be a night action, but I just wanted to try something that wasn’t a survivor or a sympathizer.

quote:

Alignment: You are an Oddsmaker. You don’t care about town or scum, you care about showing how well you know this game and the players involved. You know them so well you can predict who will die early, who will die late, who will survive, and how easily you can force your own death to make all this happen (and you are presumably making offsite bets to pay out on this stuff - I don’t know embrace the flavor mystery). As such, you are making a series of predictions with the mods.

Alignment Rules:
1. Your initial predictions must equal at least 7 points (if they equal more than 7, you will bank those extra points).
2. Your initial bet must include a prediction of someone to die before you, and a prediction of someone (including you) to survive past at least Day XXX (Day 3 minimum, but survive longer than day 3 or to the end counts).
3. You can make your initial predictions anytime before Day 1 ends, but if you die before you submit your bet, you lose.
4. Once a player dies, you can’t use them for new predictions.
5. Ties go against you, unless you die because you caused the death of the tied player, in which case you die a second after them.
6. If the only predictions you have remaining are for a player(s) to survive to the end of the game, you may choose to kill yourself (you can only do this during the day, using ##kill Hal in thread).
7. You can make new predictions at any time, which will bank you extra points, but become part of your win condition.
8. If you want to change your predictions, it will cost you one point to change the name of the player in the prediction, either with previously banked points or by making more predictions to cover the cost. You can remove a dead player this way to salvage a prediction.
9. You may not pick a player for more than one prediction. If you are swapping a player out of a prediction, you can use the replaced player in a new prediction to cover the cost. Unless the replaced player is dead.
10. You win if, at any point, all of your predictions are true, and once you reach your win condition, you will leave the game in as much style as you can write for us to use as your exit flavor.

Alignment Prediction Points:
Pick someone to die before you: 1 point
Pick someone to be alive after you die: 1 point
Pick someone to survive to the end of the game (this can be you): 5 points, goes down a point each night (on Night 1 becomes 4 points, etc)
Pick someone to survive past Day XX (this can be you): 1 point for each day past the current day (On Day 1, a pick to survive past Day 2 is worth one point).

final winning predictions posted:

Current predictions: **OA and grandicap to die before Hal [SUCCESS]; Fry to make it to end of day 4 [Success]**; Sandwolf to be alive after Hal dies; Dy to be alive after Hal dies; Random to be alive after Hal dies; AT-LOW to survive to end of game [0 points banked]

As you can see, hammering hal allowed him to fulfill half his predictions at once. Winning the game in style.

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 21, 2021

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
GG, I tried. Good game and WP scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lmao town. Just lol. Man I’m so happy I died n1. Nice job scum team. Thanks for the game voodoo