Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
lol vettel so proud of his lap in fp2 that he radios his team to say he's tearing up about it and his radio guy assuming this is him reporting some kind of medical issue and telling him to come in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why is free practice today

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Did y’all Europeans forget what day of the week it is

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

ethanol posted:

Did y’all Europeans forget what day of the week it is

In the communist parts of the world every day is equally valid and the same

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

because you touch yourself at nite lmfao

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

track day bro! posted:

because you touch yourself at nite lmfao

Close the thread

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

ethanol posted:

iirc Its because of market day.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ethanol posted:

Monaco needed something outside of being a tax haven to set itself apart.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zedd posted:

Monaco needed something outside of being a tax haven to set itself apart.

They have Charl 😍

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

They have Charl 😍

:hmmyes: Good point.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Apparently it’s a combo of a religious holiday falling on that Thursday (so it was easiest to close the roads then) and the royalty, so yeah, file this under “Monaco wants to be unique.”

The one unique remnant is the other advertisements lining the circuit that aren’t the usual F1 partners. Takes you back to the old days before that got standardized.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

They should do qualifying normally on Saturday then be forced to race Formula E cars on Sunday.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

Apparently it’s a combo of a religious holiday falling on that Thursday (so it was easiest to close the roads then) and the royalty, so yeah, file this under “Monaco wants to be unique.”

The one unique remnant is the other advertisements lining the circuit that aren’t the usual F1 partners. Takes you back to the old days before that got standardized.

I read a thing that said it was a holiday on Friday so they didn't have practice that day so it could be observed

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

They have Charl 😍

Literally every non-US top-tier motorsport person "lives" in Monaco - no one cares if youre a Monegasqueafarian or not

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

spaceblancmange posted:

They should do qualifying normally on Saturday then be forced to race Formula E cars on Sunday.

It's possible to read this as F1 drivers competing against formula e drivers in their respective machines, which would be a terrifying bloodbath with a 20+s lap time difference between the two formulae.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ROFLBOT posted:

Literally every non-US top-tier motorsport person "lives" in Monaco - no one cares if youre a Monegasqueafarian or not

I have a very stupid petty and specific reason to not like the french Cast Iron pan users so let me have Monaco so I can root for my man.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ROFLBOT posted:

Ok but Charl 😍 is a product of Monaco.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You misspelled Produit du Monaco

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

spaceblancmange posted:

In Australia one of the Supercars support categories is called Aussie Racing Cars, which is a smaller version of a Supercar.

My point is, F1 should do something like that. Qualify in the full size car like you said, but then run a mini version of it during the race.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
non championship race and everyone races in these bad boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xTU8TgQS0

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

It's possible to read this as F1 drivers competing against formula e drivers in their respective machines, which would be a terrifying bloodbath with a 20+s lap time difference between the two formulae.

This was not my intention but is possibly the better idea.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bring back ProCar.

https://youtu.be/JPB699UHPI4

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Lol I just found out NASCAR is running circuit of the Americas this weekend

Imagine caring about "Monaco" when you can watch Camping World Truck on an F1 track

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don’t understand why if it’s a holiday they have let the F2 sprint race happen?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The Big Jesus posted:

I read a thing that said it was a holiday on Friday so they didn't have practice that day so it could be observed

What holiday was Friday? Ascension was last week and pentecote is monday.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

I don’t understand why if it’s a holiday they have let the F2 sprint race happen?

It's a historical reason, iirc it used to be that the Monaco GP fell on the same weekend as Ascension Day. This is no longer the case, but they kept the Thursday free practice schedule for some reason, probably because there's all the ancillary stuff that goes on like the fashion show.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

Lol I just found out NASCAR is running circuit of the Americas this weekend

Imagine caring about "Monaco" when you can watch Camping World Truck on an F1 track

You buried the lede: it looks like it is going to be wet there all weekend, with a chance of thunderstorms on Sunday :getin: :sickos:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I've been reading F1 forums in the deep web and someone mentioned that Lewis is the first driver not to receive the 100 WDC points for reaching 100 pole positions. Is anyone in the mainstream media going to look into this?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Anyone elselooking forward to ticktum messing up in a hilarious way shortly?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My bet is he crashes at the hairpin

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol dude In last was outside of 107%

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Getting word that McLaren are a cool and good team

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Awww they couldn’t change his wing

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

this game is more fun than f1 2020

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Monaco: no passing but at least the scenery is nice.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Even the F2 race is dull

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That’s an oil leak there

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL0I_I61R68&t=338s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Haven't seen this much smoke coming out of a car in Monaco since Princess Grace died.