Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanted to quote the truman show but thought posting the "who are you talking to" gif would come off too confrontational

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
wonder of uwu

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I wonder who the posts could be in reply to.

I guess its an unsolvable mystery???

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Are we fighting? Right here, right now? On a rainy Wednesday morning? Is this the power of a Stand user?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
[MENACING]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I wonder who the posts could be in reply to.

I guess its an unsolvable mystery???

Sorry. I misinterpreted the "remember how hard kira went down?" post as sarcasm saying that that didn't happen. I thought this because the post was nestled between some Araki forgot stuff and followed by some other posters besides lonestar responding and patware not trying to correct them. That's why I misinterpreted it the way I did. I am sorry.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I'm not the only one who thought "Inca no mezame potatoes" was her stand's name at first, right? Like, I didn't even bat an eye, I just assumed it's some song I never heard of.

Also Jojolion is 10 years old today, holy poo poo. :toot:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dragonwagon posted:

Also Jojolion is 10 years old today, holy poo poo. :toot:

Happy birthday Jojolion, here's to another 10 :cheers:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

My stand, 「THE NEVERENDING STORY」, allows me to speak anything into existence! 😈

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Sorry. I misinterpreted the "remember how hard kira went down?" post as sarcasm saying that that didn't happen. I thought this because the post was nestled between some Araki forgot stuff and followed by some other posters besides lonestar responding and patware not trying to correct them. That's why I misinterpreted it the way I did. I am sorry.

oh no this turned into more of a thing than i expected

i was just confused how you managed to miss the context

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Okay, so I'm just thinking out loud here a little bit. It's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. By this point, isn't a regular fusion just ............ regular? We know how the equivalent exchange works, we know what it does. We've seen Josuke/Kira fuse, we saw Gappy fuse again to heal his wounds, we've seen Joshuu and Yasuho exchange to regrow Yasuho's lost arm, etc. And now... Tsurugi and Tooru fuse, no big. Right?

Why would a regular fusion be the big grand twist Araki reveals to cap off Wonder of U? What if something bizarre happens?

Joshuu is right there, already exhibited as willing to fuse, freaking out about his stub arm, and selfish and impulsive enough to interrupt something he has no clue about. Could we get a three-way fusion?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you also have to consider that the 'curse' afflicting the higashikatas is something incredibly strange in itself and there's no telling what all is going to happen when that's involved, especially with a rock person as another component

all i know is that it's going to be weird

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given the recent news i think i'm glad that araki is taking his time and taking breaks every now and then, honestly. for as much as people love making dumb jokes it's nice to see that he's taking it at his own pace and doing a thing he loves.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

No matter what people think about Araki's storytelling decisions - I don't think anybody would deny that he's having a blast with every chapter, and there is nothing remotely similar

He is unrivaled in his weird storytelling niche and can do whatever the gently caress he wants

It's great

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There is no other series where someone will tell a dying man their creamy potato stew recipe before finishing him off and that rules.

That might sound sarcastic, but I mean it, it's great and the dialogue is one of JoJo's biggest draws for me.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I also love the unusual things people just up and say in JoJo. Half the time they don't talk like actual human beings, but it's oddly charming in a way. Reminds me of that rant Kira went on as he was fighting Koichi about how he won't go to the gym because gross sweaty hands are touching everything.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
It's like a scene from Twin Peaks gets interrupted by the same characters suddenly having a fight with super powers and it's very very good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So I assume Araki likes the new potato stew recipe he found

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and fuse with a six year old

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

JoJolion has been pretty good with the recipes. First the Romanoff, now the potatoes. Any others I'm forgetting?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

MachuPikacchu posted:

JoJolion has been pretty good with the recipes. First the Romanoff, now the potatoes. Any others I'm forgetting?

josuke

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The parfait looked pretty good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

just lol if you like fried chicken

paid for by the large fries gang

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

MachuPikacchu posted:

Gappy and Yasuho bonded over those chocolate puffs, which was a recipe for romance.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

just lol if you like fried chicken

paid for by the large fries gang

How could I forget about those crunchies

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

There is no other series where someone will tell a dying man their creamy potato stew recipe before finishing him off and that rules.
I just read the chapter and Kaato is the most stone cold person to pull something like that. Now Tooru will never be able to taste the wonders of potato stew.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Wonder of Stew

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Still hoping Yasuho discovers she can attach nuts and bolts to cyberspace now or something like that

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Aurora posted:

Wonder of Stew

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aurora posted:

Wonder of Stew

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aurora posted:

Wonder of Stew

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Still extremely interested in seeing how all of this madness ends in the flashforward we saw so long ago.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 22, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ethiser posted:

Still extremely interested in seeing how all of this madness ends in the flashforward we saw so long ago.

Watch it end up never acknowledged like the photo of kira, josefumi, and karera

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Watch it end up never acknowledged like the photo of kira, josefumi, and karera

now THERE'S a character that just walked right the gently caress off the script, huh

Jojolion month-to-month really feels like all of Araki's best and worst traits as a writer are being super amplified somehow

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Waiting for the exciting return of Karera where she walks on panel and dies to Jobin or Tooru

Wonder what Dolomite's up to, hope he's doing alright, I liked the Blue Hawaii fight a bit.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dolomite and Karera are hangin' out having tea and none of you will convince me otherwise.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Considering how abruptly Mitsuba, Kei, and Kato showed up out of nowhere I’m not ruling out a Karera appearance.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
What if, somehow, the flashback guy turns out to be the fusion of Tooru and Tsurugi. Turns out he was the flashforward guy all along!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Kaato dropping her grandbaby out of nowhere got me grinning ear to ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

What if, somehow, the flashback guy turns out to be the fusion of Tooru and Tsurugi. Turns out he was the flashforward guy all along!

We do need our Bites the Dust reference for this Part 4 mashup.