Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

boop the snoot posted:

A republican today admitted to raping and impregnating a 14 year old who then committed suicide when she was 20. He said it was like Romeo and Juliet.

what

E: what a lovely snipe, i'm just

no bar too low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

A republican today admitted to raping and impregnating a 14 year old who then committed suicide when she was 20. He said it was like Romeo and Juliet.

They are normalizing rape and pedophilia.

I have no faith in Matt Gaetz seeing consequences.

You missed the part where he married her when she was 15, divorced when she was 19, and then she committed suicide at 20.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stultus Maximus posted:

You missed the part where he married her when she was 15, divorced when she was 19, and then she committed suicide at 20.

And is currently trying to primary Liz Cheney.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

boop the snoot posted:

They are normalizing rape and pedophilia.

I have no faith in Matt Gaetz seeing consequences.

I've been saying for a while they're going to start openly courting pedophiles. The Epstein didn't kill himself crowd don't care about his crimes; they care that it was hillary who did it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
At this point, I'd be willing to bet Epstein is still alive and everyone from the coroner straight to turmp have greasier palms for it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

And is currently trying to primary Liz Cheney.

After being hand-picked by Trump.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

At this point, I'd be willing to bet Epstein is still alive and everyone from the coroner straight to turmp have greasier palms for it.

Considering all these other conservatives who are openly admitting to being pedophiles haven't necked themselves yet...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
RIP crusty minge. Who gets custody of the pets

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank and Beans have a caretaker here in the event of my inevitable conspiracy related death.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/LethalityJane/status/1395860679102386176?s=20

Same energy as XO's Power Hour / Cleaning Stations shipboard

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sweeping the motor pool is some quality entertainment punishment.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1395887790412423172

weird

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Did dejoy get fired yet?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, they don't say?

Dude is gonna turn up in the Philippines or Thailand, sucking down fruity drinks and laughing at everyone that thinks he's dead, balls deep in a teenager.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh, they don't say?

Dude is gonna turn up in the Philippines or Thailand, sucking down fruity drinks and laughing at everyone that thinks he's dead, balls deep in a teenager.

He probably had a backup island that he and Bill Gates are chilling on.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

He probably had a backup island that he and Bill Gates are chilling on.

Melinda divorcing Bill at least partially because of Epstein is somehow both surprising and extremely unsurprising to me.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

"We need them because they're the bulwark against bolshevism islamism" is a hell of a take for Israel.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

As Nero Danced posted:

"We need them because they're the bulwark against bolshevism islamism" is a hell of a take for Israel.

How?

It's what they believe entirely

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

hobbesmaster posted:

Melinda divorcing Bill at least partially because of Epstein is somehow both surprising and extremely unsurprising to me.

Not at all surprised. Money doesn't create the child loving desires, it just affords the child fucker extra insulation from actual punishment.

I'd read a book of dirty laundry by Melinda after the settlement shakes out. Sure as poo poo wouldn't pay for it, but I'd read it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

My understanding of the proceedings around that is that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation exists almost solely to keep Melinda quiet until the kids were all grown and out of the house. This is a whole billionaire saga of hosed up poo poo.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
lol

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Did dejoy get fired yet?

One nominee still pending to make a Democratic majority, but two of the Democrats are getting squishy on DeJoy replacement because of course they are. https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamps-postal-history/senate-approves-two-for-usps-board-of-governors

But that said, the pension prefunding requirement that's the source of most of the pain is apparently about to die. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/19/us/politics/postal-service-reform-legislation.html

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

facialimpediment posted:

One nominee still pending to make a Democratic majority, but two of the Democrats are getting squishy on DeJoy replacement because of course they are. https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamps-postal-history/senate-approves-two-for-usps-board-of-governors

But that said, the pension prefunding requirement that's the source of most of the pain is apparently about to die. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/19/us/politics/postal-service-reform-legislation.html

Getting rid of the pension pre-funding would certainly help.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

I was kinda waiting for this- FedEx and UPS are only able to remain profitable in the age of Amazon with the USPS. No way would they let the USPS actually die.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It better do more than help with how people have been placing the doom of the USPS at that policy’s feet

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Kazinsal posted:

Conservatism and child rape go hand in hand, sometimes literally.

I’ve been listening to The Lolita Podcast while I work in the backyard, and let me tell you, western media has a history with young girls.

It’s not great :barf:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

the powerful are a bunch of sick fucks

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

the horrors and terrors they inflict on other so they can get off is unreal

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

FrozenVent posted:

I’ve been listening to The Lolita Podcast while I work in the backyard, and let me tell you, western media has a history with young girls.

It’s not great :barf:

Everywhere you go in this rotten world every society has done awful things to young women. The biggest lie the West tells itself is that we're somehow above it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Man the person trying to tweet this as terrible really missed the point.

Click vid for sick burnouts

https://twitter.com/DeborahProudJew/status/1395451485790642181?s=20

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
In good news, you can now possess up to 2 ounces of recreational weed in Colorado.

https://www.kktv.com/2021/05/20/governor-polis-signs-bill-to-increase-marijuana-possession-limit-for-adults-in-colorado/

I mean, not that it really matters, and anyone growing their recreational plant limit is clearing a lot more than an ounce every harvest anyhow, which makes it a big gray area. But hey, looser weed laws are a nice thing and I appreciate the progress of turning electric lettuce into a commodity.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That Works posted:

Man the person trying to tweet this as terrible really missed the point.

Click vid for sick burnouts

https://twitter.com/DeborahProudJew/status/1395451485790642181?s=20

https://twitter.com/twine3412x10_23/status/1395862622977896449?s=20

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

In good news, you can now possess up to 2 ounces of recreational weed in Colorado.

https://www.kktv.com/2021/05/20/governor-polis-signs-bill-to-increase-marijuana-possession-limit-for-adults-in-colorado/

I mean, not that it really matters, and anyone growing their recreational plant limit is clearing a lot more than an ounce every harvest anyhow, which makes it a big gray area. But hey, looser weed laws are a nice thing and I appreciate the progress of turning electric lettuce into a commodity.

Why would there be any possession limits around a legal substance in the first place? Colorado has full commercial legalization I thought.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Hamas is using bioweapons on American soil.

Because that poo poo is sick.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Why would there be any possession limits around a legal substance in the first place? Colorado has full commercial legalization I thought.

There are purchase limits for both medical and recreational here, though medical can be significantly higher with physician approval. There are possession limits mostly to reduce opportunistic trafficking. It's not like having over the limit is something they go looking for, but if you're stacking charges for other things, they'll add possession limit charges.

Honestly, if the federal laws changed tomorrow, possession laws would still be in play, but mostly for tax enforcement reasons. But if you're just growing for yourself and can prove it, not really a big deal.

If you want wild west of weed, you need to go to the PNW. At one point shops couldn't unload weed for $40/oz, it was just so abundant, so prices started hitting $25-30/oz. Want to say that was Portland about two, maybe three years ago. Jim Belushi grows weed out there and has a tv show about it, kinda hoping it wasn't renewed, he's hard to take in that show.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Weed out here in WA is definitely cheap compared to what I was paying in FL while I was in college. The medical stuff my friend gets in FL now is twice as expensive as the recreational equivalent out here in WA.

It's awesome that out here on the west coast everywhere you go has legal weed.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mustang posted:

Weed out here in WA is definitely cheap compared to what I was paying in FL while I was in college. The medical stuff my friend gets in FL now is twice as expensive as the recreational equivalent out here in WA.

I think Oregon has the cheapest rec prices I've seen anywhere. Colorado is pretty close but there have been some real market floods out there over the past couple years.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

bulletsponge13 posted:

Hamas is using bioweapons on American soil.

Because that poo poo is sick.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

McNally posted:

File this under "poo poo that'll never happen."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/04/23/gold-star-spouses-who-remarry-face-losing-survivor-benefits-bill-would-change.html

Bill would make it so that Gold Star spouses could remarry without losing benefits. And make it retroactive.

This has "performative" written all over it.

Wow, I think I might have been proven wrong.

https://www.militarytimes.com/pay-b...-fallen-troops/

Instead of a stand-alone bill, they want to add it to the NDAA which means it has a way better chance of passing. That drat bill is a Christmas tree.

quote:

Last year, as part of the annual defense authorization bill, lawmakers dropped the age that individuals can remarry without incurring penalties from 57 to 55. Walz and bill co-sponsor Rep. Seth Moulton, D-Mass. and a Marine Corps Veteran, are hoping to include the new legislation in the upcoming defense policy bill for fiscal 2022.

This I didn't know about, but I left the Gold Star spouse Facebook group I got my news from because they didn't like dissenting voices and viewed disagreement as horribly rude argument. It really does underscore how arbitrary the age cutoff is.

quote:

But the issue hasn’t gotten much traction in recent years because of the potential cost of the fix.

I can certainly see how this can be an issue. The amount must be pretty considerable.

quote:

Congressional staff estimate the new bill will cost about $180 million over the next decade.

Oh gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ I'm sure we spend well over $18 million a year on poo poo that isn't nearly as justifiable. Like giving out weapons coupons to specific countries. Let's take it from that.

Mustang posted:

There have been some interesting developments in weed laws of Montana and South Dakota, New Mexico went recreational recently, too. The West, in general, owns. Except Idaho, loving weirdos. Wyoming will be a tough nut to crack. I'm generally indifferent to Utah because I would never move to Utah.

Dear Joe Biden, please kill crypto and legalize the kind kale.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 22, 2021