Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SkyeAuroline posted:

Out of the seven runs of Override I got, six were Moon and four of those six were Vex.
Yeah I got all 15 moon hive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Re cross-saves, is it a one time thing or can I play the same titan on both my pc and PlayStation and maintain shared progress on each?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Arcturas posted:

Re cross-saves, is it a one time thing or can I play the same titan on both my pc and PlayStation and maintain shared progress on each?
yes. you go to bungie.net and choose one account to be your main and that's your main shared account on all linked accounts on all platforms.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Arcturas posted:

Yes. Cross save allows you to designate a platform as your 'main' which will be the account you will see when you log in everywhere. Any progress on your other accounts will be hidden and inaccessible in favor of this main account until you deactivate cross save.

You can deactivate cross save at any time, but there is something like a 90 day period before you can use it again to assign a different platform as your main.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Kith posted:

i miss the red war. i won't pretend that it was good b/c it got pretty plodding at times but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been improved upon

bring it back under the excuse of it being a simulated training exercise or something, teach new guardians "hey the light isn't unstoppable, we need to be Extremely Aware of poo poo that can just gently caress us up like that"

It wasn't terrible in retrospect, especially compared to the extreme suffering that came after like curse of loving osiris. If they just did a "director's cut" version that you could blow through in a couple hours it would be better than what they have now.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
I loved the red war campaign. It’s what initially got me hooked on the game (same for a friend of mine).

I’m trying to get a couple more friends to join in for raiding, but the new player experience is terrible right now. I’m basically trying to convince them to spend hours grinding light level up just so we can get to the fun stuff. All the while, the game gives them zero context for anything.

It’s not a great sales pitch. If red war was still around, I’d just say ‘go play through that’. They’d come out of it with a basic understanding of the game/ story, and LL grind wouldn’t be as long.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

It wasn't terrible in retrospect, especially compared to the extreme suffering that came after like curse of loving osiris. If they just did a "director's cut" version that you could blow through in a couple hours it would be better than what they have now.

the only good way to bring back brother vance is to have him show up with a totally subjugated infinite forest in tow that's been rigged to do "what if the red war, except with This Guardian instead?"

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I had the idea the other day that they should release a new f2p title that's just D2 Y1 & Y2 content with a shared save/vault, but in retrospect that would be kind of dumb.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rubellavator posted:

I had the idea the other day that they should release a new f2p title that's just D2 Y1 & Y2 content with a shared save/vault, but in retrospect that would be kind of dumb.

Isn't all of d2 Y1 and y2 free now??

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Isn't all of d2 Y1 and y2 free now??

What's left of it you mean.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Definitely some changes to VoG, one is someone will get detained during Time's Vengeance which fucks everyone if they're in the middle stack. They get a brief warning beforehand and a few seconds to get away from everyone else.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Roman posted:

Definitely some changes to VoG, one is someone will get detained during Time's Vengeance which fucks everyone if they're in the middle stack. They get a brief warning beforehand and a few seconds to get away from everyone else.

Looks like it might be hard to tell who has it if you have too many buffs active.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So like... Does anyone from d1 still work at bungie?? How was this not the first thing they worked on when bringing it to d2?!

Should be a challenge objective, IMO.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm happy and surprised that they didn't just copy paste VoG from d1

But I'm disappointed that the changes all seem to make it less fun

We'll see how it feels with a little more practice but it's not a very fun raid as currently in the game

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bungie made something less fun?

Well I never

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If my brother wanted to play presage, would he be able to do that with this season's pass? If not, how would he get access? He didn't have last season's pass.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm happy and surprised that they didn't just copy paste VoG from d1

But I'm disappointed that the changes all seem to make it less fun

We'll see how it feels with a little more practice but it's not a very fun raid as currently in the game

This is disappointing but not surprising.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

PathAsc posted:

Bungie made something less fun?

Well I never

Like on purpose

What do they have against their own game

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
it's fine. mostly it's just the contest mode making things tough

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 22, 2021

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
far as I can tell, the only real change that affects normal mode runs are the addition of wyverns and champion mobs, and the oracles have a kill order that has to be called out, anything else is specifically a challenge mode addition

it's still challenging in terms of execution instead of being another crappy puzzle raid that d2 has leaned on a bit too much sometimes. simple and hard to do is better than overly gimmicky.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Haven’t played in a few months, is there anything cool this season?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Consensus seems to be that many of the purple guns are very good and the exotic armors are very strong with one bordering on broken.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm just waiting for secrets or wall glitchers to find stuff. There's a vex plate in a cave way off to the right of the spawn that I'm pretty sure is new, but it doesn't seem to do anything?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

I quit right after shadowkeep and i'm having a good time this season.

PVP is still rear end though.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I quit right after shadowkeep and i'm having a good time this season.

PVP is still rear end though.

I had done the same and came back for last season, the battlefields were a cool addition but I burnt out on it eventually like I always do with this game. I basically come back a few times a year for expansions/cool seasonal stuff.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

COOOOOOOOL all three of my pinnacle bounties from Iron Banner gave me energy weapons. It's so much fun to get hosed by pinnacle rng.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I had done the same and came back for last season, the battlefields were a cool addition but I burnt out on it eventually like I always do with this game. I basically come back a few times a year for expansions/cool seasonal stuff.

The reward loop from battlegrounds was a little unfortunate on account of how the powerful rewards (3 runs *per powerful*, 3 times a week, no pinnacle) and the upper tiers of engram focusing (5 runs' worth without the extra charges, 2-3 runs' worth with it, for a single roll with a 50% chance to even be the gun you want, let alone a good roll of it) worked out. From what I've seen on the outside the new system's better on that front - an actual pinnacle that's very achievable and much easier to earn data for focusing engrams.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

they're not on the 1st place team so who cares? unless 2nd place gets some prize I haven't heard about

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Apparently they got banned after regular clear and before they could start Challenge mode lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah I was gonna say, extra no1curr for who got 2nd place in the precursor raid

Dont even post that poo poo imho

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i don't wanna be negative but ive been watching kujay's stream for hours and this raid looks like doodoo

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

A large part of it is that it's on Challenge Mode, which makes everything hit way harder and punishes mistakes way more.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Do people know what they're looking for out of the raid loot yet? I'm guessing that Temporal Rounds is the big draw, especially combined with Vorpal or Frenzy, but I'm not going "Oooooh" like I did for the DSC weapons.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
I think all the new changes are for the better. More interesting things to do with communicating and trading items. Old VoG was much more boring.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Champions in a raid is loving dumb, but they're dumb overall so whatever.

gently caress real mechanics, just make shape match hole, the bungie way

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Is Light stored in the butt?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Ghost's are assholes, so yes.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Paracelsus posted:

Do people know what they're looking for out of the raid loot yet? I'm guessing that Temporal Rounds is the big draw, especially combined with Vorpal or Frenzy, but I'm not going "Oooooh" like I did for the DSC weapons.

People are looking for Found Verdict because it has better stats all around than Felwinter's Lie (+12 handling with another potential +10 handling from MW), Corrective Measure which is Hammerhead Mk. II, any of the special/heavies that have Rewind Rounds and Fatebringer rolls with Firefly which is Outlaw + Dragonfly combined and it creates a solar explosion so it also most importantly Creates Cells.

Eej fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:allears: