Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

This is the correct opinion.

Godzilla 2014 felt like a movie made by a guy embarrassed to be making a giant monster movie.

Killing off Bryan Cranston so Kickass could become the main character is one of the dumbest decisions in movie history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I want to see a Godzilla where he kills all humans everywhere, because all attempts to harm him just make him stronger.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
godzilla but set in the 17th century

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
"Steam Kaiju"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Groovelord Neato posted:

Killing off Bryan Cranston so Kickass could become the main character is one of the dumbest decisions in movie history.

Killing off the actor the general audience wanted to see five minutes into the godzilla movie where you don't see godzilla until after 2 hours of bland action man with no characteristics other than "our troops" and "love family," subverting everyone's expectations forever.

Give it all the Oscars, wow how brilliant

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Mozi posted:

godzilla but set in the 17th century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lac9Ssb-xI

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Seems more like Japanese Beowulf.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Arcsquad12 posted:

Final Wars.

The montage of him just bodying his Rogue's Gallery C listers is loving hilarious.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think Army of the Dead probably would’ve been better off keeping D’Elia in the movie and just marginalizing his character as much as was practical in the edit.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

sure okay posted:

I want one drat Godzilla movie where Godzilla wins. Like, wins wins. Game over.

He's the fuckin Worf of giant monsters.

Watch one made in Japan ie a real one then maybe

He wins like 85% of those or something. Sometimes he dies and wins anyway.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

General Dog posted:

I think Army of the Dead probably would’ve been better off keeping D’Elia in the movie and just marginalizing his character as much as was practical in the edit.

People kept talking about how amazingly well integrated Tig was but every scene of her interacting with characters was about as stilted and weird as the reused Carrie Fisher footage in RotS.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ZRvv2gJAE

Godzilla defeats pollution.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They're rebooting Predator

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1395839400190353408

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Those had better be huge pectoral muscles

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Predator tiddies.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

the last movie ended on a predator iron man suit

I can't believe they think they'll still have an audience left

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

Those had better be huge pectoral muscles

:hmmyes: predator does have some banging titties

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I liked Amber on Legion but it is pretty surprising to think of her as a movie lead tbh.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PostNouveau posted:

:hmmyes: predator does have some banging titties

Arcsquad12 posted:

Predator tiddies.

Why Predator got a tiddy?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
First they came for sport.
Then they came for our Autism.
Now they come for our implants.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

sure okay posted:

I want one drat Godzilla movie where Godzilla wins. Like, wins wins. Game over.

He's the fuckin Worf of giant monsters.

He wins in most of his films, including all three of the recent American ones.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I want to see a Godzilla where he kills all humans everywhere, because all attempts to harm him just make him stronger.

There was a Godzilla anime a few years back where the human race abandoned Earth because Godzilla was murdering everyone and everything.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

How can anyone possibly care about 'Predator' as a franchise? They so thoroughly smashed it out of the park the first time. The only thing that happens now is it fails.
Here Hollywood do this: Re-released the original Predator into theaters instead. Nothing but profit and a guaranteed good-rear end movie.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Tip posted:

People kept talking about how amazingly well integrated Tig was but every scene of her interacting with characters was about as stilted and weird as the reused Carrie Fisher footage in RotS.

One of my favorite moments in Rise of Skywalker was when an actress lit so all you see is her silhouette picks up a medal and lays down while a CGI creature looks at the audience and tells us what is currently going through Leias mind.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

KakerMix posted:

How can anyone possibly care about 'Predator' as a franchise? They so thoroughly smashed it out of the park the first time. The only thing that happens now is it fails.
Here Hollywood do this: Re-released the original Predator into theaters instead. Nothing but profit and a guaranteed good-rear end movie.

Predator 2 is great how dare you

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

No more Predator and no more Alien movies. Amen.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

KakerMix posted:

Cant. Jesse Ventura says the f-word.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It's funny when movie monsters crafted to be scary as gently caress and virtually unbeatable by trained combat people, usually end up being killed by small town unskilled teenagers after 3-4 films.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 23, 2021

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

happyhippy posted:

It's funny when movie monsters crafted to be scary as gently caress and virtually unbeatable by trained combat people, usually end up being killed by small town unskilled teenagers after a decade or two.

Keep following that train of thought, and soon you'll be writing the script for Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DebonaireD posted:

Zombies and robots have been in movies for a thousand years and no one ever put those two words together because it just doesn't make any loving sense and yet there it is, out there, more real than any of us.

have you never seen cubix season 2

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

happyhippy posted:

It's funny when movie monsters crafted to be scary as gently caress and virtually unbeatable by trained combat people, usually end up being killed by small town unskilled teenagers after 3-4 films.

It's fine if it's like the blob and they spend most of the movie getting horrifically slaughtered.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Beware of the Blob

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Every franchise owned by Fox (Starswar (yes I know distribution blah blah stfu), Predator, Alien, Die Hard, etc.) just needs to be permanently shut down.

No one will ever make a good one as long as producers exist. Every one of those original films was great because the creatives had absolute control and were flying under the radar of the money dipshits.

You can't force art and no one wants soulless sequels to 40 year old classics. For gently caress's sake keep making comics book poo poo forever if the alternative is ANOTHER piece of poo poo Predator film.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Disney’s Fox’s Predator Origins

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The newest Predator takes off its mask and it’s one of the giant dumb white aliens from Prometheus ZOMGGGG

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jeeves posted:

The newest Predator takes off its mask and it’s one of the giant dumb white aliens from Prometheus ZOMGGGG

Do NOT show this to Ridley Scott

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It will turn out that the Predators approached the Space Jockey civilization to create the Xenos, for them to hunt.

And at the end of the movie a Jedi will be dispatched to investigate this illegal genetics operation.

And there we have that brand synergy.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Have the movie set on the predator planet. They abduct a team of earth's most dangerous humans to hunt and do battle. There could even be other alien species on the predator planet the humans can work with to survive. Slam dunk concept, no way you could screw it up unless you cast huge dorks as the leads. I dunno like Topher Grace or Adrien Brody or something, that would be pretty lol

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Have you considered

Baby. Predator?

:smug:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Baby predator eat the eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tom Gorman posted:

Have the movie set on the predator planet. They abduct a team of earth's most dangerous humans to hunt and do battle. There could even be other alien species on the predator planet the humans can work with to survive. Slam dunk concept, no way you could screw it up unless you cast huge dorks as the leads. I dunno like Topher Grace or Adrien Brody or something, that would be pretty lol

Probably the worst thing you could do is pull a Godzilla and kill off the Cranston early so the audience is stuck with Kick-rear end.

Like if you hired Danny Trejo as the badass and murked him right away then some scrawny douche became the protagonist.