Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Dire wolf tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Uh apparently this card started a loving hour ago despite having fights fall through? Why the gently caress is it this early.

Here's a GDT

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Not sure if this has been posted before, but found it interesting.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

ccubed posted:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but found it interesting.

Hmmm is there a more detailed breakdown as to what counts as "fighting"? Pretty much the main reason I use Fightpass (in the US) instead of ESPN+ is that I get to see the corners between rounds, is that fighting or other?

Additionally, this chart is a little bit difficult to read because...as mentioned, the same events are on multiple platforms but with different ad showings, how is a "UFC on Fox" being shown on Fight Pass for the international audience being counted?

Definitely interesting, I agree.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Looks like it's from before the ESPN deal.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah but it was the same back then too except ESPN+ is a streaming service people are actually directly paying for, so it's extra loving stupid they're showing ads over the corner footage, but Fox totally did it too for their TV broadcasts.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Cody's attempt to reclaim the title got derailed by Rob Font.

Font should probably get the title shot after the rematch with Aljo/Yan

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Mekchu posted:

So Cody's attempt to reclaim the title got derailed by Rob Font.

Font should probably get the title shot after the rematch with Aljo/Yan

It would be cool but I think he'd get wrestlefucked by both of them.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

In honor of Paul Felder’s retirement, let’s remember when he revealed his weight-cutting secret: https://youtu.be/_4jVGjpyNsY

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

In honor of Paul Felder’s retirement, let’s remember when he revealed his weight-cutting secret: https://youtu.be/_4jVGjpyNsY

I've never seen that scene, holy poo poo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The power of crows

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
aww farts!

https://twitter.com/BigMarcel24/status/1396522298832736259

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:negative:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I don't expect to have any accurate idea on who is fighting anymore until like, when the prelims start. And even then poo poo sometimes happens

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Whoever linked that Mike Perry documentary, nice work. That's a good watch.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltNYteDGyVE

UFC's youtube just uploaded this lmbo

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
That was a pretty good scene actually. Most of the coaches challenges end up being pretty good. Faber trying unsuccessfully to poo poo talk Conor in the helicopter was pretty funny too, along with Bisping falling on his rear end

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bisping fouling Rivera and his dickhead energy on TUF are the period for which he's irredeemable for me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kimbo305 posted:

Bisping fouling Rivera and his dickhead energy on TUF are the period for which he's irredeemable for me.

Remember when he fell off of the ping pong table and smacked his head?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bisping gets royalties on It's Alright to be White merchandise.

mewse
May 2, 2006

He look like a band aid

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/BigMarcel24/status/1397372884151119873

Here's a big list of upcoming match ups so that we have something to talk about, as there's no card this week.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

263 should be called figueiredo/moreno 2 :colbert:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bisping knocked out Rockhold on ten days notice and then poo poo talked him while downing beers.

He owns.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Bisping knocked out Rockhold on ten days notice and then poo poo talked him while downing beers.

He owns.

he was half blind at the time and has hurt a lot of american egos, so he's p much the goat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I feel like people all over the world can enjoy Luke Rockhold getting beat up.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Bisping kinda seems like he's a poo poo but he's the perfect heel.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Not that I'm defending the fouls in that fight, but didn't Rivera's corner say some pretty awful poo poo about Bisping's family in the lead up to it? IIRC he was angry at them not because of the trash talk, but because they dragged his wife and kids into it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

He made a video where he implied Bisping contracted an STD from a koala. It did not go over the line imo

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

He made a video where he implied Bisping contracted an STD from a koala. It did not go over the line imo

Yeah bisping was outraged that rivera made a set of youtube vids with his clothing sponsor that parodied bisping. He's a thin-skinned twat and spitting on rivera's corner people was beyond the pale

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bluedeanie posted:

That could happen to anyone of us.

Pisspigs had a wonderful late career renaissance and all our lives are richer for it.

Edit: TKZ is fighting Dan Ige? Don't fancy that having seen iges recent performances.

Hardy is fight Tai Tuivasa lol. C'mon Tai just knock him out.

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 26, 2021

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Conor is still on vacation in Dubai. He’s also inexplicably the favorite against Poirier. Lots of money to be made betting on Dustin there.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

mewse posted:

Yeah bisping was outraged that rivera made a set of youtube vids with his clothing sponsor that parodied bisping. He's a thin-skinned twat and spitting on rivera's corner people was beyond the pale

yeah but in the intervening years he somehow figured out how to be a much funnier and pleasant one to listen to. it's also very hard not to have tons of respect for his career and how he won the title. he also has a very strong case for being the most likely not to have used PEDs in ufc history.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1397529654593040389
Zoom out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

michael bisping getting permanent brain damage by getting choked out by GSP and then knocked out by Kelvin Gastelum in the same month ruled

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

blue footed boobie posted:

Conor is still on vacation in Dubai. He’s also inexplicably the favorite against Poirier. Lots of money to be made betting on Dustin there.

I'm hoping Conor gets walked thru and does that stupid face he did in the last fight, that made me laugh for days

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Odds just follow the bets, no?

Makes sense Conor is favourite, because he still has people who think he's an unbeatable monster and he's highly popular.
It's not a reflection of reality

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

McGregor did well enough in the first round that people buy into the 'he's gonna adjust to the calf kicks and win this time' narrative.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Odds are actually very close.
Roughly seeing
Conor -120ish
Dustin -105ish

Need Conor to post some grainy footage of him checking low kicks or something so Dustin is more of a underdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

CarlCX posted:

McGregor did well enough in the first round that people buy into the 'he's gonna adjust to the calf kicks and win this time' narrative.

In fairness that could be what happens. Mac has got a very good first round, I think only Mendes and Khabib have won the first round against him no?

I remember when he wanted to fight Anderson. I still want that fight because I miss Pride sometimes.