Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

look at this thing, floating poo poo is weird.

hovering is where its at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqO0Nc5oxE0

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bullfrog posted:

the channel itself has some sketchy poo poo on it but at least they've uploaded some original vids. this one is cool too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8lz2OqoyPc

what the gently caress is this

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

whatever happened to mass suicides

Well now there really are UFOs so what's the point

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Bullfrog posted:

edit: this really is incredible vid, wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Ifj2DgBGg

Straight into my loving veins

Delta-Wye posted:

EDIT: ^^ didn't post this to answer, just simple synchronicity lmao

https://www.cnnindonesia.com/tv/20210523095100-404-645812/video-benda-misterius-jatuh-di-perairan-situbondo

strong shag harbor vibes

Anyone find a translated account of this one?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I feel like this is starting to take over my brain a bit
https://twitter.com/TencetB/status/1396581166208200710?s=20

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It seems pretty obvious that all this UFO talk is just to get commercial and military pilots comfortable with the idea of reporting weird things they see while flying. Since World War II, pilots have always been strongly discouraged from reporting any weird phenomena in the sky, to the point where they're reprimanded and sent to see psychiatrists and poo poo. Maybe this was because post-WWII, anything weird in US airspace was experimental aircraft and the government didn't want anyone spilling the beans. Anyway, now that everyone has drones, somebody figured out that it would be bad if pilots started seeing actual aircraft from other countries but kept silent about it because of the stupid nature of pilot culture.

There's nothing in those navy videos that can't be explained by regular airplanes at weird angles or instrumentation error, but the media push is on not humiliating or shaming people when they see things like that, because it could be Russian drones or Elon's secret doomtroopers. This will become more likely as the US continues to decline and new powers get up to all the things we used to do.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Also Bob Lazar is a transparent charlatan who realized that he seemed like a stereotypical engineer nerd and decided to run with it. The idea that you could do a Ph.D. in the 70s at MIT and not have people remember you is ridiculous. Did the military erase every photo, or every publication with his name on it. His major professor was just sworn to absolute secrecy?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

But if you're into the folklore of UFO and abduction poo poo, I've always enjoyed this guy's story:

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2019/10/13/ep-155-abduction-at-devils-den

Terry Lovelace is transparently a guy who loves telling a good campfire story and is keeping the American oral storytelling tradition alive, but the only way he can do it is by getting some credulous nerds to believe he's telling them the truth. He's an older guy and probably remembers old men spinning good yarns when he was on camping trips as a boy, and he's really good at it. His own story even involves camping in the wood at night--the perfect hook to spook the kids on a boy scout trip into the local state park.

It's pretty funny that the only way he can do the storyteller thing is by finding a bunch of weirdos who think UFOs are real.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Also Bob Lazar is a transparent charlatan who realized that he seemed like a stereotypical engineer nerd and decided to run with it. The idea that you could do a Ph.D. in the 70s at MIT and not have people remember you is ridiculous. Did the military erase every photo, or every publication with his name on it. His major professor was just sworn to absolute secrecy?

Bob Lazar thought he saw a UFO in a hangar at a secret military lab, bit it was only the planet Venus.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's not completely insane to imagine aliens doing sightseeing. It's like a zoo, you go and look at the funny animals.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

https://twitter.com/TencetB/status/1396581166208200710?s=20

https://twitter.com/PaulMIL87122911/status/1396487951778000900?s=19

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

lol yeah i saw this innocuous tweet this morning and :crackping:ed a little

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1396813237488848896

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

pancake rabbit posted:

lol yeah i saw this innocuous tweet this morning and :crackping:ed a little

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1396813237488848896

Captain Marvel had shape shifting aliens taking over important political roles...

Infinity War primed everyone for a mass death event...

Now helpful aliens that have lived among us since the dawn of civilization reveal themselves...

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

nah

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 14:53 on Mar 4, 2022

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

Demons draped in the cultural clothing of our time and place

fully garbage culture, depressing to think the modern pantheon is marvel

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Delta-Wye posted:

fully garbage culture, depressing to think the modern pantheon is marvel

DC ain't much better

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Delta-Wye posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU8alQ3Daaw

simply incredible.

my favorite part is he says the DOE shows up and rolls him and the other marines. if there is anywhere in the government that has deep dark secrets, its buried in the DOE bureaucracy.

Rick Perry knew exactly what he was doing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gods_Butthole posted:

Top... men.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Gods_Butthole posted:

My favorite Rick Perry thing is how he was all gung ho about dismantling the DoE until he took charge, then abruptly became a benign (on this topic, anyway) bureaucrat making appearances at ribbon cutting ceremonies and poo poo and like the only trump admin who didn't try to grift their department into oblivion.

Presumably someone took him aside the first day and had a quick conversation about who manages the nukes.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
one of the persistent and interesting aspects is the idea that the power source (~*~ zero point energy ~*~ or whatever) would destabilize the oil industry & the post war USD-based petrodollar world economy. a lot of weird things start coming together in that context, including my expectation that the DOE to own a lot of the research/maintenance of stuff in their large and secretive org. so far ive only seen the exotic physics research from the military though, but it would be interesting if there are pais like research happening in the DOE as well

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

The great thing about the July 2021 date for the mentions in those two reddit threads from seven years ago is its just a waiting game to see if it's a dumb larp/aarg that the OP's remember.

SpaghettiShaq
Aug 24, 2004
https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/nk2x4q/july_18_and_hoaxers/

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

I really need a mouse with infinite scroll

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This reads like someone took mushrooms and watched a lovely adaptation of Childhood's End

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

"She said that there are only 7 planets in the whole world that are like the earth where the dominant life form has the simple problems. She called them the simple problems, not me. She didn’t tell me a list of the simple problems, but she told me some of them that were prayer and faith healing and churches and sorcery and magic and all that kind of stuff, mostly all stuff about religion. And of those 7, she said there were only 3 where people experienced deja vu, or believe in prophecies, or that worship idols. We are one of those three and that’s why the Friends of Friends are here. That’s why the others were here, too, and that’s why the next group is coming in July. Gina says that they know that the whole world isn’t really what it looks like but it’s actually the creation of a single intelligence and that we and everything exist inside that intelligence. I asked her if it was like the Matrix and then I explained to her what that was and she said it wasn’t like that at all and so then I asked her if was like when that hospital show ended and it turned out to all be a kid imagining it in a snow globe and she said it wasn’t like that either. But she said that it’s the one thing that everyone in the world agrees on, all these thousands and thousands of advanced civilizations, they apparently all have proof that the world is imaginary or a dream or a computer program or something. And they study earth and the two other planets like it because they are pretty sure that these three planets and the intelligent life on them are either mistakes, like accidents, or else one of them might be the center of the whole thing and everything else is a mistake or an accident. They want to figure out which is which so that they can better understand the intelligence that creates the world."

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

PawParole posted:

"She said that there are only 7 planets in the whole world that are like the earth where the dominant life form has the simple problems. She called them the simple problems, not me. She didn’t tell me a list of the simple problems, but she told me some of them that were prayer and faith healing and churches and sorcery and magic and all that kind of stuff, mostly all stuff about religion. And of those 7, she said there were only 3 where people experienced deja vu, or believe in prophecies, or that worship idols. We are one of those three and that’s why the Friends of Friends are here. That’s why the others were here, too, and that’s why the next group is coming in July. Gina says that they know that the whole world isn’t really what it looks like but it’s actually the creation of a single intelligence and that we and everything exist inside that intelligence. I asked her if it was like the Matrix and then I explained to her what that was and she said it wasn’t like that at all and so then I asked her if was like when that hospital show ended and it turned out to all be a kid imagining it in a snow globe and she said it wasn’t like that either. But she said that it’s the one thing that everyone in the world agrees on, all these thousands and thousands of advanced civilizations, they apparently all have proof that the world is imaginary or a dream or a computer program or something. And they study earth and the two other planets like it because they are pretty sure that these three planets and the intelligent life on them are either mistakes, like accidents, or else one of them might be the center of the whole thing and everything else is a mistake or an accident. They want to figure out which is which so that they can better understand the intelligence that creates the world."

yeah, the whole thing reads like it was written by someone who, uh, isn't doing well. But this part just makes it incredibly clear

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
what’s crazy is there isn’t just one alien species there must be 100s of different planets of people since the descriptions and technology varies so much

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

TeenageArchipelago posted:

yeah, the whole thing reads like it was written by someone who, uh, isn't doing well. But this part just makes it incredibly clear

if you abducted the average American that's how they would type.

quote:

But the people up there now are different. But now there are people up there who look like business men and military men. They are sitting up there on their own without being guarded, and they are having meetings, and they are watching something on screens and talking back like probably with people back on Earth. They are wearing like army uniforms and military jackets. I’ve heard these people up there speaking in English and in languages that I don’t understand but, I mean, I know that some of them were Chinese, and some were Japanese or Korean, and there were some that were French because I do recognize French. I’ve seen people who look Arab and African and everything you can imagine. They are in contact with us. I know that the U.S. government is in contact with them because I’ve seen American military up there and also because when the U.S. government men kidnapped me they asked me questions that they couldn’t have just made up. They had information about the ships and about what they have done to me on those ships and about me, and the only way they could have gotten all that information was if they were also talking with the friends of friends or whatever you want to call them. And that was years ago, so I know that the government at least knew about them years ago. And you wonder what you’ll learn from the report?

he might be delusional or schizo or whatever but he's probably not lying

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

aw yeah throwback vibes to browsing AboveTopSecret forums and reading long drawn out screeds of nuttery

sadly ATS has devolved entirely into a right wing Q hellswamp

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

PawParole posted:

I don’t think I can find it bc it’s been so long but I’m fairly certain some parts of that are cribbed from a very similar Usenet hoax where some guy talked about having contact etc and finally he “reveals” he was contacted because he had been trapped here on earth and they were coming to rescue him, lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

PawParole posted:

lol yeah blame mental illness. it’s not like anyone has ever just wrote a lie on the internet before and published it. that’s unheard of

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Vomik posted:

lol yeah blame mental illness. it’s not like anyone has ever just wrote a lie on the internet before and published it. that’s unheard of

how do you think an honest person would type?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I talked to Gina and she put on stop making sense and she asked me why the man had such a big suit and I said it's because sometimes you want your head to look smaller and how else would you do that without wearing a bigger suit and she seemed disappointed by the answer but we watched the rest of the movie and all the friends agreed it was the best live concert film they'd ever seen

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

PawParole posted:

I mean they may not be lying but if not then it's because they are delusional. Earth has aliens coming to it because we happen to be the one special planet that has.... uh.... religion? The person is just writing a bunch of self-aggrandizing bullshit, and if you want to believe it because it's fun then go for it, but I expect a bit more subtlety in my fanfiction

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I mean they may not be lying but if not then it's because they are delusional. Earth has aliens coming to it because we happen to be the one special planet that has.... uh.... religion? The person is just writing a bunch of self-aggrandizing bullshit, and if you want to believe it because it's fun then go for it, but I expect a bit more subtlety in my fanfiction

7 planets have it

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

thread is making me feel like a grampa with dusty old bones

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alien autopsy video turns out to have been real the whole time

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my favorite alien posting larp was the one in gbs where the alien said the only interesting thing about earth was the quality and amount of capsaicin our peppers and they were hyped to take some spicy food home. sure the alien would have to be a mammal but theres just something so wholesome about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

quote:

Whatever was planned for July is still going to happen so far as I know, but it has definitely changed. Something changed and I’m pretty sure that’s why this report is coming out, but I can’t be sure about that. I’ve heard Friends talking about a report for years and years but I didn’t know it would happen this way. I don’t know if the report that’s coming out is to prepare us or if it’s just a cover up. I don’t know what it all will be on the 18th, either, except that Gina 2 and the Friends of Friends are leaving and someone else is coming and that whatever will happen on Earth is not colonization. I’ve seen maps up there and it looks like on the 18th something will happen at least in western Africa, something in maybe China or around China, and in Wyoming or Colorado or Utah. It’s hard for me to know where stuff is just looking at maps without the state and country borders on them but none of the maps up there have any of those lines so I’m making educated guesses on those three spots.

All three spots could be deserts. The aliens are gonna steal our sand!