Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I just can't abide game titles that feel like incomplete clauses.

The last of us to?

The last of us to what!?
To die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Last Guardian is probably more emotionally impactful if you’ve never seen a Miyazaki film (or any whimsical fantasy Japanese film, even)…

Like, yeah, it’s an emotional climax, but I feel like you know exactly where it’s going and pretty much exactly what’s gonna happen and there aren’t any big surprises or twists, so it just comes down to whether or not you, the player, are emotionally invested enough to make it seem more special than it is.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

TLG has bad awkward clunky controls but everything else is fantastic. Have the people who hate it ever had pets?

Shadow is definitely my preference though. The people who evangelise over TLG like it’s one of the best games ever when Shadow exists are mad to me

I played it for a few hours and loved everything about trico but I just don't speak the same language as this game somehow. Trying to figure out what to do and where to go next are endlessly frustrating, I'm never sure if trico just isn't doing the thing they're meant to do in that moment or if I'm missing something. I looked up a video playthrough and after several hours of playing it I'd only gotten as far as the playthrough does in one hour. So yeah having a big gryphonthing buddy is really fun but I just hate the process of playing the game.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I feel like all these posts are missing the point of The Last Guardian

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

If the point of the game is that it's meant to be frustrating and you're meant to spend forever trying to work out what you're meant to do then I'm not missing the point, it's just not the game for me :shrug: and if that's not the point then it's keeping me from getting to the point.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

might have to call it on Returnal. I feel I'm really not that bad. Got the first boss real close a few times, but keep dying. I love everything about it--I just hate the lack of health availability. I also wouldn't mind more things carrying over between runs

clearly these types of games just aren't for me

I'd google up some videos of the boss fight. Might find you've just overlooked something or made an incorrect assumption somewhere.

I had a similar thing when fighting a boss in Sekiro - I was trying to time every parry perfectly and he was hitting me a ton of times. First video I loaded I saw the player was just hammering on the block button instead of going for careful timing, tried that myself and it was a much easier fight.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Playing God of War for the first time on ps5, it feels amazing at 60fps, Anyway this game seems very hard on Give me a challenge which isn't even the highest difficulty. I had finished all the previous god of war games on hard difficulty in my first runs. The bosses have all been easy so far it's just the regular mobs are harder to juggle, probably get easier with more abilities but I feel like Kratos does too little damage to enemies even if they increased it by like 5% it would feel a lot better early on.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The point of The Last Guardian is to enjoy The Last Guardian. By not enjoying The Last Guardian, you are proclaiming that you have no intention of experiencing the game as it was intended and thus it's clear that you just don't want to enjoy The Last Guardian.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

The point of The Last Guardian is to enjoy The Last Guardian. By not enjoying The Last Guardian, you are proclaiming that you have no intention of experiencing the game as it was intended and thus it's clear that you just don't want to enjoy The Last Guardian.

I'm pretty sad about it really, I've wanted to play it ever since it was first announced because I love the concept of it but I didn't get a PS4 so I never had the chance before, and I was so pleased when I saw it was free with PS+, it was the first game I grabbed to try. I'm just gonna watch a video playthrough now and I could have done that years ago!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Escobarbarian posted:

TLG has bad awkward clunky controls but everything else is fantastic. Have the people who hate it ever had pets?

Shadow is definitely my preference though. The people who evangelise over TLG like it’s one of the best games ever when Shadow exists are mad to me

Yes of course. Tons of pets and the game just has really not fun to play controls.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

cvnvcnv posted:

The point of [games] is to enjoy [games]. By not enjoying [games], you are proclaiming that you have no intention of experiencing the game as it was intended and thus it's clear that you just don't want to enjoy [games].

basically, gently caress the last of us hahahahahaha

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally got around to playing through DeS remaster, managed to get stuck on all the bits I found easy last time and waltz through all the bits I found hard, cest la vie.

Most of the non-graphical changes were meh but not enough to effect the overall quality fortunately.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It should have been a prequel called The Second to Last of Us

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Biomutant embargo ended, seems like it's promising but very flawed? I am not sure how this game got so much hype, the artstyle and graphics do look great.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ulio posted:

Biomutant embargo ended, seems like it's promising but very flawed? I am not sure how this game got so much hype, the artstyle and graphics do look great.

I've been calling it Bowelmovement.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

caldrax posted:

on PC whenever the fly ladies got close to me and sent out a bunch of flies my frames would tank. Rest of the game was buttery smooth. I have a 2080ti / i9.

ps5 better than a 2080ti/i9 confirmed. the apocalyse is upon us. at least until the prices get better and people stop mining crypo and the pc gets its crown once again

i wonder if its something to do with the special ps5 ssd cos ive seen loading screen on the pc version running on a ssd and its like uhhh.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
a lot of weird poo poo been shown off today that looks like complete rear end but people are falling head over hells for it? uncharted? marvels? biomutants? feels like bizarro world.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Gonna be 100% here, I feel like FF7R combat only really impressed people who don’t play Kingdom Hearts, because it’s just a very slight variation on the KH3 battle system, but with less going on than KH and also the enemies you fight in FF7R are some of the most boring garbage mobs in any RPG.

That’s honestly the major downside of having FF7R only being Disc 1, you only really ever fight starting area monsters but stretched out over a 30 hour game.

This take is bewildering to me.

KH3 had some of the most boring brainless combat I've ever experienced. About 4/5 the game my housemate was watching me play and asked if the gameplay was any good. I gave him the controller on some huge battle in 2nd to last or last planet you go to, and he was able to beat it no problem without ever having touched a KH game before. I remember really enjoying the gameplay in KH2, so it was a major disappointment.

Final Fantasy 7 remake didn't have any particularly difficult gameplay, but I at least had to participate, especially on the bosses. I was constantly switching characters, using special abilities, heals, etc...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't realise RE8 had loading screens until I watched people streaming lol

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Gonna be 100% here, I feel like FF7R combat only really impressed people who don’t play Kingdom Hearts, because it’s just a very slight variation on the KH3 battle system, but with less going on than KH and also the enemies you fight in FF7R are some of the most boring garbage mobs in any RPG.

That’s honestly the major downside of having FF7R only being Disc 1, you only really ever fight starting area monsters but stretched out over a 30 hour game.

I am one of those people, I do have KH in my library and will get to it. The only other real time jrpg I have played is Tales which is deep but feels way more floaty/clunky.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Didn't realise RE8 had loading screens until I watched people streaming lol

Opening doors and elevators are a loading screen, sort of

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Barudak posted:

Opening doors and elevators are a loading screen, sort of

It has a couple of explicit loading screens late in the game, specifically when it switches perspective from Ethan to Chris and back. Or at least it does on PS4. Sometimes you can catch it doing a secret background load when you try to open a menu screen and just get a progress indicator.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Metroid Prime had load screens hidden behind doors, where shooting a door won’t open it until that area has finished loading in.

Boy oh boy did THAT add some tension sometimes

Edit: gently caress I just remembered that Metroid Prime 4 was thrown out and started all over on so who the hell knows when it’s coming. I am now currently sad.

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 24, 2021

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

VII remake is more like XIII than KH.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
It reminds me of a slower pace 13-LR for sure. That game has great gameplay and im glad they evolved it further

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I think I secured a PS5? Best Buy had a drop and it was surprisingly easy to get one compared to all the other recaptcha + add to cart nonsense I had to pull with other vendors.

I'm half expecting the order to get cancelled. Either way, i'm pretty pumped right now.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Arrrthritis posted:

I think I secured a PS5? Best Buy had a drop and it was surprisingly easy to get one compared to all the other recaptcha + add to cart nonsense I had to pull with other vendors.

I'm half expecting the order to get cancelled. Either way, i'm pretty pumped right now.

I don't think Best Buy does a lot of the cancelling placed orders nonsense that walmart.com or whoever does. Sounds like you should be in good shape.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Just assume you don’t have one until you are looking directly at the contents of the box.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Walmart has a history of shenanigans? That's where my order is :ohdear:

Still seems on track as of a few minutes ago, but there's two weeks left to delivery

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

haveblue posted:

Walmart has a history of shenanigans? That's where my order is :ohdear:

Still seems on track as of a few minutes ago, but there's two weeks left to delivery

I preordered my PS4 and PS5 both from Walmart. Got them on the day of release with no issue, even when the tracking seemed like it wasn’t on time with the 5. Every order experience is going to be different mainly post launch of course but I’ve been really happy with them for buying consoles.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I don’t know this guy at all but if true the internet might break

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1396856690922999813?s=21

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Was able to get one from Best Buy in my cart but it sold out before I checked out.

I do not understand how to get a PS5 from stores beyond be lucky and pay attention to twitter all hours of every day. I wish someone would just let me put down a deposit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spacebump posted:

Was able to get one from Best Buy in my cart but it sold out before I checked out.

I do not understand how to get a PS5 from stores beyond be lucky and pay attention to twitter all hours of every day. I wish someone would just let me put down a deposit.

That's pretty much it. I got it by checking in a couple of times a day and occasionally catching a tweet along the lines of "we expect there will be a drop at _______ soon".

It doesn't help that these almost always happen in the middle of workdays and most people aren't in a position to just stop being productive for an hour while trying to snag one.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

haveblue posted:

That's pretty much it. I got it by checking in a couple of times a day and occasionally catching a tweet along the lines of "we expect there will be a drop at _______ soon".

It doesn't help that these almost always happen in the middle of workdays and most people aren't in a position to just stop being productive for an hour while trying to snag one.

It was sheer luck on my part. The only reason I was able to snag one was because I took the day off because i'm experiencing side effects of moderna dose 2. I'm honestly surprised that I didn't sleep through the entire drop.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Rad Valtar posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

I feel like all these posts are missing the point of The Last Guardian

lol, I know, it's sorta sad.

Vikar Jerome posted:

a lot of weird poo poo been shown off today that looks like complete rear end but people are falling head over hells for it? uncharted? marvels? biomutants? feels like bizarro world.

bound to happen when there's a dearth of DUNC news

Finster Dexter posted:

I don't think Best Buy does a lot of the cancelling placed orders nonsense that walmart.com or whoever does. Sounds like you should be in good shape.

They cancelled on me way back when during the great Winter of No Feels, it was basically the dealbreaker that caused me to buy a console off of two weird teens driving a jalopy

Rad Valtar posted:

Dope. It sure does seem like Sony is locking down the Square titles after MS' purchase of Bethesda.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

haveblue posted:

It has a couple of explicit loading screens late in the game, specifically when it switches perspective from Ethan to Chris and back. Or at least it does on PS4. Sometimes you can catch it doing a secret background load when you try to open a menu screen and just get a progress indicator.

there is no loading on ps5. the future nintendo dreamed is finally here.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Rad Valtar posted:

i have final fantasy origin on the ps1. :colbert:

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i have final fantasy origin on the ps1. :colbert:

That's Origins. :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU