Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Bonzo posted:

lol

I'm now remembering a bit on Howard Stern, around 2007ish, where they had two guys sitting on toilets that were somehow attached to a scale. The one who poo poo the most in 24 hours won.

Are you sure that wasn't Kenny vs Spenny? If not, it could have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Are you sure that wasn't Kenny vs Spenny? If not, it could have been.

Found it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/2e6itz/high_pitch_erik_and_joey_boots_during_the/

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2i7d96

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lobotomy Bob posted:

I remember it being a fad a few years ago that you could get iv shots of vodka at particularly trendy bars, but I'm having trouble digging anything up about it.
I have to imagine you are thinking of IV bars that give you isotonic drips for hangover curing. You can't exactly buy IV vodka off the shelf even if you have a nurse practitioner on the books to prescribe it to randos. They were (still are where it's easier to legally run?) a big thing in conjunction with oxygen therapy in party spots like Las Vegas.

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

zedprime posted:

I have to imagine you are thinking of IV bars that give you isotonic drips for hangover curing. You can't exactly buy IV vodka off the shelf even if you have a nurse practitioner on the books to prescribe it to randos. They were (still are where it's easier to legally run?) a big thing in conjunction with oxygen therapy in party spots like Las Vegas.

Yeah, it could be. I could have misinterpreted something or have just been given wrong information, but I remember that for whatever reason.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Bonzo posted:

lol

I'm now remembering a bit on Howard Stern, around 2007ish, where they had two guys sitting on toilets that were somehow attached to a scale. The one who poo poo the most in 24 hours won.

The Craptacular. I think they just collected the poo poo and weighed it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wings and boneless wings are both useless. We all know you're only eating them as a mode for sauce delivery. Just pour honey garlic and ranch in a mug and drink it with a straw. Saves a lot of time and effort.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Picnic Princess posted:

Wings and boneless wings are both useless. We all know you're only eating them as a mode for sauce delivery. Just pour honey garlic and ranch in a mug and drink it with a straw. Saves a lot of time and effort.

I used to like you as a person...

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Some weird projection here

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Desert Bus posted:

I used to like you as a person...

You're probably the only one ever

Frankie
Feb 22, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

RANCH?!?!

As the saying goes:

Bleu cheese or go gently caress your mother.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Teriyaki and blue cheese dip go well together surprisingly.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The last time I was out eating wings with friends and they asked 'bleu cheese or ranch' one of them asked for ranch and I just spit on the table and left without saying anything else.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

buffalo sauce is all I need

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

PainterofCrap posted:

Joke's on you: I married a Buffalo gal.

It's been a constant source of joy over the years to witness her devout disapproval of whatever it is we're served at most places around here (Phila area, but really, anywhere outside of Buffalo & Rochester) that is described as "Buffalo wings." (they can be had, but it's been a search worthy of Diogenes)

She got so annoyed at one bar in Florence NJ that she went back into the kitchen when challenged by the cook (the owner's wife) and showed them all how they were made.

I love this. It's like a postmodern Johnny Appleseed, but instead of planting apple trees All Across The Land, it's This is how you loving make goddam Buffalo wings you heathens!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

ExecuDork posted:

I love this. It's like a postmodern Johnny Appleseed, but instead of planting apple trees All Across The Land, it's This is how you loving make goddam Buffalo wings you heathens!
The secret is frying them longer than you think you need to. Soggy wings suck.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Like I guess maybe dip the celery and carrots in bleu cheese or ranch? Don’t dip your fuckkng wings it’s gross.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Picnic Princess posted:

:mods:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Picnic Princess posted:

Just frisbee your pancakes into your dogs mouth and deepthroat a stick of butter and pour warm syrup down the sides. :crossarms:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Like I guess maybe dip the celery and carrots in bleu cheese or ranch? Don’t dip your fuckkng wings it’s gross.

If I wanted to hear your opinion I'd turn my chair back around and face you and the rest of the table like an adult.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
GBS hates wings??

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

stealie72 posted:

The secret is frying them longer than you think you need to. Soggy wings suck.

Even when she found wings that were prepared properly, the real benchmark was that they were crispy.

Current winner is The Rib Rack on Bustleton.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The point of the blue cheese dressing & celery was that sometimes, the sauce heat was intense & the dairy in the dressing eased the pain.

Celery was for when the wings are gone but you still suckin'

content:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
you know whats surprisingly good? dipping bbq wings in blue cheese. ranch is also fine but only if i'm out of blue cheese. mm m good.

also i would eat boneless wings if they were 1/3rd the price of real wings, as they loving should be

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah usually they cost more. :confused: They don't even include the drat bone! I'm getting less and paying more!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Aardvark! posted:

you know whats surprisingly good? dipping bbq wings in blue cheese. ranch is also fine but only if i'm out of blue cheese. mm m good.

The thicker the blue cheese dressing, the better, IMO.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

MrQueasy posted:

The thicker the blue cheese dressing, the better, IMO.

This. I want to feel some resistance when I dip my wings in.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hell yea. I love when you go dippin and pull out a big ol' nug of bleu

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Big Beef City posted:

Hell yea. I love when you go dippin and pull out a big ol' nug of bleu

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Fried chicken breast sandwiches are all the rage now, but I know a place that does em with thighs and they are :yum:

Chicken sandwich places that use thighs really are the pro move. The breast is the worst part of the chicken. Even the feet have more flavor.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.

You can get deep fried perogies and they are amazing.

Please watch the amazing commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tKIFwZe5w

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Prince Reggie K posted:

Yocco's looks good, and I'd love to get Yocco'd, but nothing touches Walter's in Larchmont, New York. That hot dog was so good it loving haunts me.

Hasturtium fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 25, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ExecuDork posted:

Janey Buffalo Wing

oldmandon
Feb 10, 2004

OMG! It's OMD!
Those EYEBROWS

Fuckin' A, guys, I just spent the last few weeks perusing this thread from the start. It kicks rear end. The best page was the one with the 1960s-70s photos of New York. All the food photos make me hungry and miss restaurants, even the most derelict diners with loads of horrible people. Gimme some eggs and sausage, I don't care

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Prince Reggie K posted:

I moved across the state a long time ago but I still miss Yocco's

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

We have the Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe here but it's not the same, and also it's run by right wing lunatics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GadFm4n_yKE

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
local commercials/broadcasts are such a good mine of content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSiZBE3c1j0

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnWgU79O7ck

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsJLSdYLq6o

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hold on.
In the one part, she puts salt, pepper, mustard, AND pepperjack on a ham sandwich. Are you honestly telling me I'm supposed to eat something with that level of spiciness? I'mma throw that on the drat floor for the dog and she can make me a NORMAL goddamn sandwich like she KNOWS I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Okay how about this sandwich??

It's called a "corned beef special". It's a cold sandwich of corned beef, swiss cheese, cole slaw, and thousand island dressing served on rye bread. This is a Philly area delicacy. You cannot just buy this sandwich elsewhere. And that does not make sense. No sense whatsoever. None of those ingredients are unavailable in other places. It's not something where you can say "it's all about the bread".

I just started salivating. My dad was from philly and this was what we had for New Years Eve every year. There's a particular brand of soft seedless rye bread I buy (I know where to look in the grocery store but I can't come up with the name) and you need to get the ratios of ingredients right, but goddamn you can go through three or four of these in a night. So good.

My tip: Butter the bread before you put the dressing and coleslaw on to keep it from getting soggy. The butter also compliments the butteriness of the corned beef. Oh and ask to see the deli's "fattiest" corned beef. No fat, don't buy.