Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Would Death 13 be able to kill Dio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Could it make a dream sun or is the dream setting always a Death 13 themed carnival

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Does DIO actually sleep?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think it's hosed up that araki forgot to have kakyoin possess some random passerby like a marionette and run them at the superpowered weirdos they were fighting on a weekly basis

Hey, Joseph and Caesar did it. :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Dio saw a baby and said "yes, you, I want you in my team."

Well it isn't like he was going to kill the baby instead, DIO is way above infanticide

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

TheKingslayer posted:

Does DIO actually sleep?

At the least, he apparently needs to rest, since he was in the coffin that Loser brought the gang to.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's like 50/50 he was just in there to be Extra, though.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

DIO shot a baby with an arrow

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
So did Akira, maybe? It's unclear if Shizuka was born with her stand or shot with the arrow.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

DIO would never do such a thing. Enya, though, definitely would.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

DIO holding his assassins meeting of cloaked devious figures in shadow and theres a baby booster seat for his baby assassin

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DIO is the best because he's unashamedly public about the fact that he's a vampire and he still managed to recruit a guy whose superpower was literally just the Sun.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The baby was such a little poo poo that he naturally developed a Stand to start murdering his carers with

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

you say this like he wouldn't do this for fun with mundane arrows

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

that all said an important thing to keep in mind is that i don't think araki even knew what the gently caress stands were at that point even still so i think it's less him 'forgetting' things and more just him realizing that he was going to have to change stuff on the fly to fit him just scooting along by the seat of his pants while he got busy with making poo poo up entirely for a while
Oh yeah, the quotes were for a reason. I hate the "Araki Forgot" phrase and totally understand the reason behind most changes. Just not a fan of Hierophant.

Also, I said earlier that Death XIII was the weakest ep. I take that back. I thought that maybe I misremembered creepy poo poo with Alessi, but HOO BOY WAS I WRONG. Jotaro being a dumbass not recognizing Polnareff after he told him it was him, the whole bathroom scene with Araki not being sure whether to take it in a direction of "Polnareff doesn't get what's happening anymore because he's like 4" or "Polnareff is still a creepy weirdo".

At least other sexual scenes, like the ape one, were supposed to be unsettling. gently caress this.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

DIO is the best because he's unashamedly public about the fact that he's a vampire and he still managed to recruit a guy whose superpower was literally just the Sun.

The sun but it also shoots death lasers :sun:

Why the gently caress wasn't this guy guarding Dio's mansion, that's an awesome power

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

The sun but it also shoots death lasers :sun:

Why the gently caress wasn't this guy guarding Dio's mansion, that's an awesome power

I think you kind of answered your own question? If there's one Stand Dio absolutely should not have in his immediate vicinity it's the AoE sun lasers one

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

multijoe posted:

I think you kind of answered your own question? If there's one Stand Dio absolutely should not have in his immediate vicinity it's the AoE sun lasers one

I suppose that depends on whether the stand counts as real sunlight for vampire purposes, with UV light

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Mr. Lobe posted:

I suppose that depends on whether the stand counts as real sunlight for vampire purposes, with UV light

Whether it counts or not DIO doesn't need any skylights in his hideout, Vanilla Ice does enough to the walls already.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I wonder if the Sun works indoors too, like can he make a smaller one?

trying to convince your teammates a literal baby pooping their diapers is trying to kill you all is a bizarre situation

By that point they fought a literal monkey that could make a giant tanker. Is a baby really that weird compared to that. Hell, they fought a guy that could change his appearance, what if it isn't even a real baby?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dragonwagon posted:

By that point they fought a literal monkey that could make a giant tanker. Is a baby really that weird compared to that. Hell, they fought a guy that could change his appearance, what if it isn't even a real baby?

It's especially dumb given how much they hammer on the point "anyone could be a Stand user" and "we have to be prepared for anything, we can't let our guard down" early on in the story.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Giorno would’ve punched that baby

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vookatos posted:

- Death XIII might be my least favorite fight so far. Not a fan of teammates acting stupid.

You gotta realize that those guys are really loving stupid

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

goblin week posted:

You gotta realize that those guys are really loving stupid

See also: Joseph and Polnareff never realizing that they were dealing with an imposter Jotaro.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I love part 3's himbo squad

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

W.T. Fits posted:

It's especially dumb given how much they hammer on the point "anyone could be a Stand user" and "we have to be prepared for anything, we can't let our guard down" early on in the story.
The evil baby transgressed both what I think they had encountered for Stand Users thus far - they were all at least sort of adults (though they suspect Ann, justly) - and it's, you know, a sick baby they were being asked to carry around.

As for possessing people as disposable minions, Joseph Joestar may have been willing to do that, but he was also known to hang out with Fascists and should not be taken as a role model

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mr. Lobe posted:

you say this like he wouldn't do this for fun with mundane arrows

Dio is a puppy killer, not a baby killer.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/tie0510/status/1397111180083175425

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Dio is a puppy killer, not a baby killer.

Dio indirectly killed at least one baby.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Dio indirectly killed at least one baby.

Look, it was the baby's mother who killed that baby, Dio was barely involved!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

WrightOfWay posted:

Look, it was the baby's mother who killed that baby, Dio was barely involved!

He even promised NOT to kill the baby!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Another reason they wouldn't suspect Mannish Boy is because, in addition to not even remembering what was happening in their sleep, it'd be pretty loving stupid for Mannish Boy to kill anyone while they were airborne since he'd die in the crash. They weren't even aware they were in any danger to begin with, just thought they had some bad dreams and Kakyoin freaking out and accusing a baby of the nightmares.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I think they just never trust Kakyoin because he's a loving weirdo. Like it's kinda downplayed after his first appearance, but he's still a huge chuuni edgelord who goes around with a marionette in public and makes supervillain morality speeches, DIO didn't tell him to do all that stuff, that was just his own dramatic flair on his "kill the Joestars" orders. Dude's a polite honor student, but it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility he'd just cut himself and blame it on a baby just to be weird.

Remember when Yellow Temperance was impersonating him, almost broke a mugger's spine like Bane, and ate a loving bug, but somehow the cherry licking thing was the strangest habit he picked up and that actually WAS a Kakyoin thing he copied?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also the time when he said Holly was a MILF.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Regalingualius posted:

Also the time when he said Holly was a MILF.

This actually makes him more trustworthy not less

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Vookatos posted:

I don't know much about manga, but it really feels like there was a certain number of chapters Araki was supposed to hit, and he messed it up. With all the build-up, the final arc goes absolutely nowhere and the ending is pretty much a single panel.
Same with drugs and, you know, the whole "taking over the mafia" deal. It just gets swept under the rug.

The drugs angle is one of the things that gets elaborated on in Purple Haze Feedback. But I agree that the actual ending of Part 5 is not very good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/1411484174423191559?s=20

PV and air date baybee

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh, yeah, i guess none of us posted in here about the event but that is most definitely going to be an airdate announcement along with whatever else. part of me thinks it might actually start up this year, maybe. probably very late this year, but still.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Didn't Pt4 and 5 both start airing in October?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh poo poo a Pucci still just got leaked