Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Grevlek posted:

I follow all the poggers hot tub streamers who all do some steamy and sexy supply chain calculations.

Poggers pogchamp

Excuse me, I just realized there is a lack of facecam Himbo sexy supply chain streams. How do I facerig abs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

thehandtruck posted:

any management games as good or better than Satisfactory? dyson sphere was cool but just not as fun. factorio eh. satsifactory is just so great

Modded Minecraft?

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

StrixNebulosa posted:

Modded Minecraft?

never played minecraft is it good?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

thehandtruck posted:

never played minecraft is it good?

Modded it's one of the best games around. Unmodded it's.. fine.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Anno type maximization is matter of number always going up, or at least being capped by storage space if compromises are allowed.

Factorio type maximization on the other hand is covering as much of belts as possible with items.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StrixNebulosa posted:

Modded Minecraft?

I played tekkit like ten years ago and it's probably what got me down this path.. I wouldn't mind giving whatever is new in the same style a try but have no idea what's out there now. Any recommendations?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I downloaded the Technic launcher and went with GregTech New Horizons. It’s 250 mods, and I’ve been stuck i. The stone age fir the past 20 hours (you can eventually visit all the planets, what the hell). The difficulty level is considerable, variety of activities - insane. It’s great to be Minecrafting again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mokotow posted:

I downloaded the Technic launcher and went with GregTech New Horizons. It’s 250 mods, and I’ve been stuck i. The stone age fir the past 20 hours (you can eventually visit all the planets, what the hell). The difficulty level is considerable, variety of activities - insane. It’s great to be Minecrafting again.

Looks awesome, gonna check this out thanks for the rec

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Awesome. Be sure to use the questing book and follow the quest trees. If you loose the book, you can always use ~ to open it. Also, the map is now under J, whereas M is the space map.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

John Lee posted:

Random delivery

That's what the world was in 1800 though, stuff would arrive late or not at all. Hence the importance of warehouses, and eventually steamer ships.

Mayveena posted:

Dude I am old and it's been forever since I did that playtesting :) I just remember not liking it, saying so, and getting told I was wrong.

:justpost::posthaste:

I for one would love to hear industry stories, even if it were in a different thread.

Snooze Cruise posted:

numbers are just something nerds invented to make themselves feel better about not being pretty
wait what is the management game for pretty people...?

Uh, I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure nerds invented numbers to go up. How would we feel better if the numbers stayed the same, or even worse, went down?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Gregteh new horizons is a huge grind though just fyi, it's designed to take tens to hundreds of hours to go though each age.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Qubee posted:

Going Medieval is alright, but it's basically a less fleshed-out Rimworld. Only reason I keep playing it is because the 3D building is great, and coming up with designs is nice. They gotta work on their layer system though, why would you ever want to be 0.5 between layers, just make it so you go up and down entire layers.

The walls are half height at half levels, which makes it easier to see what your dudes are doing, I guess.

The roofs are an interesting wrinkle. In Rimworld I tend to make big buildings, but in this the thatched roofs can only be so big. They don't tell you how big either. It doesn't matter how many interior walls and supports you have, you can't make a huge thatched roof. Kinda forces you to make a village. Unless you roof your buildings with floors instead of roofs.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

The roofs are 12 wide, for a maximum room width of 10. Of course, since the slopes dont have to make sense, you can mcmansion your way to nightmarish roof arrangements with wooden beams, which I think are literally the first thing you can research.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Unreal_One posted:

The roofs are 12 wide, for a maximum room width of 10. Of course, since the slopes dont have to make sense, you can mcmansion your way to nightmarish roof arrangements with wooden beams, which I think are literally the first thing you can research.

That is good to know, thank you.

The game does definitely feel unfinished. Less finished than, for example, Spacebase DF-9. Might be cool when it is finished.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
For any nerds getting into GTNH Minecraft, there’s a goon server in PGS.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Has anyone in here played Raiders Forsaken Earth? I keep looking at it since it's on sale and being tempted:

quote:

Raiders! Forsaken Earth is a strategy/management game where you play as the leader of a merciless band of post-apocalyptic marauders. Build up your organization while extorting, kidnapping, and destroying the last remnants of civilization. The wasteland doesn't need another hero...

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

StrixNebulosa posted:

Has anyone in here played Raiders Forsaken Earth? I keep looking at it since it's on sale and being tempted:
I played one of their older gladiator games and it was kind of charmlessly number dense. The descriptions of this doesn't seem too far off that.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

explosivo posted:

I played tekkit like ten years ago and it's probably what got me down this path.. I wouldn't mind giving whatever is new in the same style a try but have no idea what's out there now. Any recommendations?

Fortresscraft Evolved is kind of interesting and in the same vein. Nominally a tower defense game, but you don't lose infrastructure or anything on a loss. I would highly, highly recommend jacking up the base settings for resources though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's a post-beta survey on the Going Medieval store page, I basically took the opportunity to tell them the game's great but would really like to see it deviate from being literally "Rimworld but 3D" also the building needs to be less fiddly *somehow*. I think I'm going to be picking it up when it releases though because I enjoyed playing it but I think it still needs a lot more work before I'd recommend it to people who don't play EA poo poo.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Yeah I'm in the same place. I actually got used to the UI in a lot of ways as I used it, but I did suggest a bunch of specific improvements to them. Totally agree that the game needs more stuff that can happen, but the actual building is really fun and I'm probably going to pick it up at launch for that reason. I love being creative and making an interesting space for my NPCs to live in, you just can't do as much in 2d and it has some of that Dwarf Fortress crack as a result of being 3d.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Anno 1800 plus the DLC is on sale in the Ubisoft store. If you're only going to get one DLC I'd get Sunken Treasures. If you were going to get some but not all, I'd skip the Artic one. Note that the Seat of Power requires you to get all the way to the end of the game and you may not want to do that.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
New management game, Imagine Earth.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/280720/Imagine_Earth/

Got way too much on my plate right now but if someone gets it, let us know if it's any good.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Mayveena posted:

Got way too much on my plate right now but if someone gets it, let us know if it's any good.

This is the 1.0 of an EA title. It's much closer to a boardgame like Islanders is, combined with a very light strategy overlay a-la Civ. It's a fun game, but don't expect it to be some DSP-like planet management game.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

K8.0 posted:

I think a resort builder/manager could be good. A pirate island/bay game could also be great. Some sort of mobile naval arcology thing could be cool too, like a ship that people live on.

Have you tried Airborne Kingdom? It's a floating city that people live on. If they get pissed at you, they will literally jump off the side.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

skooma512 posted:

Have you tried Airborne Kingdom? It's a floating city that people live on. If they get pissed at you, they will literally jump off the side.

Oh man, it's so chill too. You just go take your country-boat to all the other kingdoms in the land and just be a good neighbor. Exceptional game that is all chill no pressure good vibes

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Mayveena posted:

30 minute review.

More like Anno than Tropico, it's doesn't have a horrendous UI and the art style is fine. Going for that 'extra-cheeky comedy' vibe so far in the campaign. I didn't get into any interplanetary chains, that the game seems to promise will happen. 7/10 so far, much better than Farm Manager 2021.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I want Slipways to release god damnit

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh man, it's so chill too. You just go take your country-boat to all the other kingdoms in the land and just be a good neighbor. Exceptional game that is all chill no pressure good vibes

Imo chill to the point of being boring. The parameters on all of the pressure points (tilt, resources, quests) are tuned so low to "no worries you got this" that they may as well not be there. I never even came aaaanywhere close to people "jumping off the side" for instance, I would have had to very intentionally make things worse to see consequences.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Chadzok posted:

Imo chill to the point of being boring. The parameters on all of the pressure points (tilt, resources, quests) are tuned so low to "no worries you got this" that they may as well not be there. I never even came aaaanywhere close to people "jumping off the side" for instance, I would have had to very intentionally make things worse to see consequences.

Yes, I only made it to getting a cup of sugar to kingdom 4 so we could all make air cookies before I just kinda nodded off. Like this game unlocks a heroin nod lethargy. But it looks sooooo pretty~

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chadzok posted:

I lost a few people when my population grew too fast. Squeezing in all the late game amenities into your residential zone is not difficult, but it is easy to overlook. I was dawdling along and people developed a need for fabric before I had any fabric.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I lost a few people when my population grew too fast. Squeezing in all the late game amenities into your residential zone is not difficult, but it is easy to overlook. I was dawdling along and people developed a need for fabric before I had any fabric.

So they killed themselves?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Mayveena posted:

I have too many games on my plate too but I absolutely adore this art style. Keeping an eye on it, hope its good!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Maybe a weird question, but anyone know of any management games streamers that are... just funny? Especially city building. Not trying super hard to be funny, just like... generally amusing?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Maybe a weird question, but anyone know of any management games streamers that are... just funny? Especially city building. Not trying super hard to be funny, just like... generally amusing?

Ive mentioned him itt before but AmbigiousAmphibian genuinely cracks me up.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oldstench posted:

So they killed themselves?

They left. I didn't see anybody jump overboard but I didn't see anyone lower a ladder either. Don't know how they left.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Floated away like Up

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Hub Cat posted:

Floated away like It

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Mayveena posted:

One of the handful of games I returned after trying. I don't remember it well, but I think the interface was aggressively opaque when I tried it months ago.

The "humor" was also not working for me.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Kvlt! posted:

Ive mentioned him itt before but AmbigiousAmphibian genuinely cracks me up.

Exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, this guy is great!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Kvlt! posted:

I have too many games on my plate too but I absolutely adore this art style.
The Universim also has the “kind of cartoony on a small globe” look.