Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

What's up fellow DeviantOllam fan :cool::respek::cool:

Yeah Dev is cool and good people. Also generally a great storyteller with all the bullshit he's pulled off during penetration testing jobs, though I found that video above quite interesting when I watched it because he was really selling the whole take-your-sous-vide-everywhere-and-pray-there's-a-Costco since he'd be in a place for 1 - 3 weeks depending so he couldn't eat out every day, and you'd get better food for the money doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Spinz posted:

It's like 25 lb of semi-sweet chocolate chips for like $8

I'm literally going to have to stop shopping at Costco

May I also point out that my bag of Kirkland chocolate chips says right on the bag that they're great for snacking :yum: .

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
If you sous vide some steak in your hotel room and dry it well I bet you can get some decent colour on it with the iron

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

The Walrus posted:

If you sous vide some steak in your hotel room and dry it well I bet you can get some decent colour on it with the iron

iirc he uses a searzall (or maybe just a torch?) with an unheated cast iron pan as a backstop.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

RoastBeef posted:

iirc he uses a searzall (or maybe just a torch?) with an unheated cast iron pan as a backstop.
Showercap on the smoke detector.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Currently eating a giant Costco muffin and I'm in awe at the balls on them to try and make a serving half a muffin.

No one is eating half a muffin :cmon:

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Currently eating a giant Costco muffin and I'm in awe at the balls on them to try and make a serving half a muffin.

Had the same thing where a cup noodle tried to claim it was 'about two servings'.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

FCKGW posted:

I mean I do cut them in half but that is because I want two flavors.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Those muffins are like 600 calories lol. Really good.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

You could put frosting on them and call them cupcakes. Nobody would correct you; really blurring the lines there.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

690 in the double chocolate

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I'm gonna have a muffin for breakfast with my coffee! I just wish I could get a single 6 pack instead of having to get 2.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

El Jebus posted:

I'm gonna have a muffin for breakfast with my coffee! I just wish I could get a single 6 pack instead of having to get 2.

Freeze them. Vacuum seal them in packs of 1 or 2 muffins. Put them back in the freezer.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Costco should really give everyone a vacuum sealer when you sign up for a membership.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

GORDON posted:

Freeze them. Vacuum seal them in packs of 1 or 2 muffins. Put them back in the freezer.

I don't want to. I also don't want to waste the plastic. I also don't want to use more energy reheating them. I just want to be able to buy less.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
drat that reminds me to look into to buying replacement gaskets for my vacuum sealer. Need to get that puppy running at 100% again!

Also thinking about ordering this for the backyard:

Looks fun and easy to disassemble and store end of season!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

mds2 posted:

Costco should really give everyone a vacuum sealer when you sign up for a membership.

And a deep freezer. I think they would a pretty quick ROI on those cost with the increased sales.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

El Jebus posted:

I don't want to. I also don't want to waste the plastic. I also don't want to use more energy reheating them. I just want to be able to buy less.

At this point you should consider baking your own muffins. It isn't hard and it is minimally wasteful. Wanting Costco to give you lesser amounts of something will only end in disappointment.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

El Jebus posted:

I tried to buy a four pack of muffins at HEB thinking they'd be as good as the Costco ones and WOW what a savings on not having to freeze them. They were not pure sugar and butterfat whipped into heaven, but instead muffins. I am resigned to vacuum sealing pounds of costco muffins per month like a drat animal because there's just not better muffins out there.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
When my daughter left the swim team it was a rough transition from eating those giant muffins PLUS a parfait for breakfast to… not. At swim meets the swim moms aways had a little stand where you could buy a muffin and a cup of soup for like $2 (no refill).

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Honestly if they put a refill-friendly soup tap in next to the pop, I would be a happy lady.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Honestly if they put a refill-friendly soup tap in next to the pop, I would be a happy lady.

Some sort of soup tube?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

StormDrain posted:

Some sort of soup tube?

It's the future of soup!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
burnt my mouth on the costco soup tap

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ATTENTION SHOPPERS: PLEASE STOP DRINKING DIRECTLY FROM SOUP SPIGOT

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Butt chugging the free costco soup refills directly from spigot

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Real Costcoers know that the store officially has no stance on people using soda cups for hot soup, you just have to deal with the risk of burning your fingers. But the real trick is to use a wad of napkins as a cup insulator, only fill the cup halfway with soup, stick just the bare hotdog in the soup, and to chug the hot soup and dog before it melts the soda cup liner.

It's a real steal of a meal

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
this raises a number of questions

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

instead of an onion dispenser you can have an oyster cracker dispenser :3:

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Shwqa posted:

I mean I do cut them in half but that is because I want two flavors.

Whoa

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The costco tea biscuits I bought taste exactly like animal crackers and its driving me nuts.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

The costco tea biscuits I bought taste exactly like animal crackers and its driving me nuts.
The Kedem ones? Yeah they're just unimaginative animal crackers. Make crumb crusts and crumbles with them a lot. They're very, very good as a base for a cheesecake.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

StormDrain posted:

Some sort of soup tube?

lmao

I got that reference

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

sounds like a good problem

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped after work for some hostas, hibiscus, and pork belly. First week that masks are optional, felt weird.

ps no dog because it was chicken bake and churro time

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Enos Cabell posted:

Stopped after work for some hostas, hibiscus, and pork belly. First week that masks are optional, felt weird.

ps no dog because it was chicken bake and churro time

It is good to diversify your costco food court portfolio. You never know what will be the next turkey sandwich.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Had a dentist appointment and they said I should get an electric toothbrush and I stopped at Costco on the way home to get lunch (chicken bake and frozen mocha) and they had a 2pack of electric toothbrush brushes on sale and apparently my partner has wanted an electric one for awhile so now we both have one PBUC

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Oh and I didn’t mention but we actually got to try one sample during our last Co visit. Some chickpea snacks. I was excited but the worker wasn’t so enthused.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Kind of sad to be heading to Stockholm next week, but the new Costco isn't anywhere near being open. Was curious to see what the local specialties would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

binge crotching posted:

Kind of sad to be heading to Stockholm next week, but the new Costco isn't anywhere near being open. Was curious to see what the local specialties would be.

Churrös