Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Third World Reagan posted:

I am poo poo posting in the wushu thread because it is a china game but here

Eyebrows: Powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The game plays a lot like action combat wow. Like legion or something where there's a ton of cutscenes and chained story quests.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

30.5 Days posted:

The game plays a lot like action combat wow. Like legion or something where there's a ton of cutscenes and chained story quests.

Black Desert Online?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

busalover posted:

Black Desert Online?

BDO's questing isn't anything like wow's so I'm not sure why you'd draw that comparison

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

30.5 Days posted:

BDO's questing isn't anything like wow's so I'm not sure why you'd draw that comparison

"ton of cutscenes and chained story quests." is like BDO

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
You guys let me know if there is a real reason to group in this game. That is the only thing that could compel me

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
All new MMOs should only consist of the first 10 levels, which provide the best dopamine rewards. After that it's just grinding.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Dinurth posted:

You do get a flying mount that's a sword you stand on so that's cool.
Reminds me of ol' DoubleEagle, good times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96WFtOOj8G8

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
SOL beta livestream starting in 3 min on Twitch

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

cannot wait to get my panda and never play again

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

I didn’t realize this thread was a thing so made one for SoLo here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968463&perpage=40&noseen=1

It’s pretty fun. I like the action mode control toggle, even though I thought I would hate it.

I also love Kung fu movies, so that may be coloring my perception

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
God bless thread and God less china game panda. Best of luck I'm sitting this one out.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dynamite Dog posted:

I didn’t realize this thread was a thing so made one for SoLo here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968463&perpage=40&noseen=1

It’s pretty fun. I like the action mode control toggle, even though I thought I would hate it.

I also love Kung fu movies, so that may be coloring my perception

oh yeah a actual thread is def the right call! thank you

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Dynamite Dog posted:

no this is good, ty

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
The company that owns Daybreak and a bunch of other studios is apparently making a new AAA MMO with "one of the greatest brands in the world."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AhMuE8xPnY&t=690s

Anyone want to have some fun speculating what it could be? I'll go bold and say Everquest so I can quote this post in 10 years.

If we all could put our cynicism aside for a day, what would you like out of Everquest 3?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
It's gotta be a license if they're saying that, doesn't it? I'm guessing they're gonna give warhammer another shot.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
give me the 40k mmo i've wanted for ages

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kaysette posted:

give me the 40k mmo i've wanted for ages

I just want to play as one of the boys and his bomb squig, is that really so much of an ask?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I still think a 40k mmo where f2p players play as an Ork in a horde vs paid space marine players would be dope

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
everquest 2 launched a pvp server that is time locked to certain expansions but requires VIP

God I miss eq2 pvp

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cardboard Fox posted:

The company that owns Daybreak and a bunch of other studios is apparently making a new AAA MMO with "one of the greatest brands in the world."

Anyone want to have some fun speculating what it could be? I'll go bold and say Everquest so I can quote this post in 10 years.

If we all could put our cynicism aside for a day, what would you like out of Everquest 3?

Just everquest 1 but with better graphics

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Everquest landmark reborn the relandening. Same as before only now its DX12 and shovels are microtransactions that break after you dig 500 lumps of dirt.

"Hey Sergei, let's see if we can sell them the same nothing twice!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cardboard Fox posted:

I doubt it'll be Everquest 3 because that was basically Everquest Next, and it was canceled.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Everquest Online Adventures 2

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Diddy Kong Racing Online

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

World of Fortnite

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

I doubt it'll be Everquest 3 because that was basically Everquest Next, and it was canceled.

Bless keeps getting re-launched and re-cancelled over and over. Why not Everquest?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Cardboard Fox posted:

Bible: The MMO

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

EQ Next looked stupid so I'm glad it was canceled.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

EQ Next looked stupid so I'm glad it was canceled.

It wasn't all bad.

Just mostly bad. Those were max graphics btw.

Edit - for those who never tried it, alpha for EQ landmark was "Here is a barren landscape with no features, mobs, npcs, rivers, water, etc. Nothing but other players, a barren wasteland and an invisible zone wall. Go play minecraft with voxels or something.".

Not seen: body outlines drawn on the ground near the towers. I'd already lost interest from boredom and didn't put them in.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 27, 2021

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

We're thinking about the wrong types of brands. I, for one, am looking forward to playing World of Ronald McDonald's Playplace Online, the action-combat-survival MMO where you face off against the evil forces of the Hamburglar.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

RisqueBarber posted:

Diddy Kong Racing Online

I want this.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

eonwe posted:

I still think a 40k mmo where f2p players play as an Ork in a horde vs paid space marine players would be dope

:five:

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Edit - for those who never tried it, alpha for EQ landmark was "Here is a barren landscape with no features, mobs, npcs, rivers, water, etc. Nothing but other players, a barren wasteland and an invisible zone wall. Go play minecraft with voxels or something.".

the grind for tools was mad boring and i regret throwing $60 at that alpha poo poo.

I really liked the dreams.txt of how they were going to work with the community in Landmark to help them design Halas and Neriak etc for EQ Next. Alas.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

eonwe posted:

same, because orks are the best so i can play for free

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cardboard Fox posted:

lol it’s gonna be Star Wars

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is Daybreak still run by or have strong ties to Russian organized crime?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

eonwe posted:

Could you be a nob as f2p or only if you sub

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
daybreak make a Discworld mmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
The Matrix Online 2, taking place in whatever the new film is all about later this year.

But more likely EQ3. Just model it after FFXIV this time and it'll print money.