Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

IOwnCalculus posted:

Same, that temperature looks like the nicest 500 weather in ages.

2019 was great until the sun came out during the red flag and it suddenly got brutally hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Great news, everyone

https://twitter.com/ims/status/1398021191152005123

The Indiana blackout for the 500 broadcast is lifted this year :toot:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh yeah I was hoping they would sell the cancellations. RIP local radios only profitable day though.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I don’t expect that there will be any running today, it’s gonna drizzle allll day long. Oh well, I’m fine with donating $15 to the track. If anyone is still going today and wants a free ticket, I can get you my digital one.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

devmd01 posted:

I don’t expect that there will be any running today, it’s gonna drizzle allll day long. Oh well, I’m fine with donating $15 to the track. If anyone is still going today and wants a free ticket, I can get you my digital one.

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1398319554636419075

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I met a former coworker at metazoa instead, that was a better choice. They had it up on the TVs anyways, looked liked some good racing.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Hey the big race is today

Drivers should be in the cars by 12:30PM ET

Green flag is sometime around 12:45

The race is on NBC

The weather looks perfect with no rain

We will be chatting in the Discord

You should watch the big race, it is the race

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'm so tempted to get up at 2am to watch the race, but I think I'll risk the results being spoiled and record it to watch tomorrow evening.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

I'm so tempted to get up at 2am to watch the race, but I think I'll risk the results being spoiled and record it to watch tomorrow evening.

it should be a good race OP, just gonna be a bit weird to see a huge crowd after The Year of COVID.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
To be fair, pitting is hard.

...just not usually that hard.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
What an amazing clustefuck of a yellow.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I've been living in Indianapolis for close to a decade and this is my first time watching the Indy 500.

It's alright.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

surf rock posted:

I've been living in Indianapolis for close to a decade and this is my first time watching the Indy 500.

It's alright.

Cars go fast, beers are drank, laughs are had, and milk is involved.

What's not to love

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Daly is so edgy he went to a Machine Gun Kelly concert the other night. Today he is all business.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jabro posted:

Daly is so edgy he went to a Machine Gun Kelly concert the other night. Today he is all business.

the prevalence of godfuckingawful yet inexplicably popular white rappers is my least favorite thing about the modern music landscape

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I've decided that I'm rooting for Castroneves based off of nothing other than that age chart they just displayed

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The pits are a harsh mistress today

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Feel so bad for Rahal right now

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Athanatos posted:

The pits are a harsh mistress today

Well that pit crew hosed him

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
PIT ROAD TODAY

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I just tuned in and Power was being wheeled backward in the pit lane, what happened?

Edit: Oh, now they finally explain it after a few laps. Brake issue

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Someone has placed a well working curse on Pit Road this year.

The rest of the race has been clean

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

For years I've watched this dumb race and I still get a little worried when everyone dives left then right coming out of 4. The pit lane wall is right there :ohdear:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
What a great race

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

surf rock posted:

I've decided that I'm rooting for Castroneves based off of nothing other than that age chart they just displayed

Oh poo poo I called it, the old man won after all

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
4 4-time winners, that'll take time to get used to.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

that was the best Indy 500 ever

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was a loving fantastic race from start to finish

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

great race until castroneves won, it's buck loving wild that people are stoked that an extremely wealthy dude who committed tax fraud won

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Back when I lived in Indianapolis, the first 500 my dad ever took me to was Helio's first win. Happy to see him on the bricks again :unsmith:

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

That was an amazing race holy poo poo. Watched it at a bar with family and friends, all of them super into it. Hell yeah Helio!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I was reaaaally hoping for a late caution so Sato could steal a third, but this was a great race.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

race owns, helio winning a 4th owns, haters get out

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Basticle posted:

race owns, helio winning a 4th owns, haters get out

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
He added strawberry powder to the milk

I'll allow it

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
FTW, but I was pulling for Sato.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

great race until castroneves won, it's buck loving wild that people are stoked that an extremely wealthy dude who committed tax fraud won

im as 'guillotine them all' as the next guy but we're talking about a sport filled to the loving brim with tax cheats and worse

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Mike Shank Racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
on that topic

https://racer.com/2020/12/10/dinner-with-racers-brickyard-empire-highlights-modern-parallels-to-indys-overlooked-past/