Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

okay so how many shrimp fit in a kid pool...like 5000? let’s just go with that...so 5000 shrimp eating and making GBS threads in a pool, all day...seems like you’d need to clean the water daily...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Once on a flight to Boston I sat next to a dude in a cowboy hat, he gave me his life story he has been building a shrimp farming business in Mexico and hes starting to get real worried about it. I said yeah that oil disaster must a real problem for everything in your industry (this was right after the Deepwater Horizon) . And hes like no I'm on the Pacific coast of Mexico, I meant I'm worried I won't be able to scale up fast enough, half the shrimp farmers are out and the price is through the roof lmao. He was going to Boston to look at boarding schools for his sons, hahaha

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
yes seafood farming requires water management equipment

I'm guessing shrimp turds make good fertilizer adjunct tho

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

i am harry posted:

okay so how many shrimp fit in a kid pool...like 5000? let’s just go with that...so 5000 shrimp eating and making GBS threads in a pool, all day...seems like you’d need to clean the water daily...?

farming is known to be very easy, I see no issue

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

so I gave up wasting electricity for Bitcoin; the real money is in wasting water.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I occasionally send a lot of feed to aquaculture shrimp folks in Ecuador. it’s a big business.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

excellent looking shrimp vat

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

i am harry posted:

so I gave up wasting electricity for Bitcoin; the real money is in wasting water.

Nah, you could totally sell that wastewater as fertilizer, or remediate it relatively easily.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

mycomancy posted:

Nah, you could totally sell that wastewater as fertilizer, or remediate it relatively easily.

Lmao but he wont

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

use your cold rear end basement goon pool to cool your bitcoin miners while you raise some shrimp in the warmed water and baby, you got a stew goin'

🍤 🏅💸 💎 ✋ 🚀 🌙

Broken Box has issued a correction as of 19:48 on May 28, 2021

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if some goons want to start a shrimp farm, and other goons want to start a cryptocurrency backed by the shrimp farm i'm jumping ahead to making the shrimp farm stablecoin backing the cryptocurrency backing the goon shrimp farm that never got out of the planning stages

Thirty Two Billion Dollars.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Broken Box posted:

use your cold rear end basement goon pool to cool your bitcoin miners while you raise some shrimp in the warmed water and baby, you got a stew goin'

🍤 🏅💸 💎 ✋ 🚀 🌙

shrimp.....coin??

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

i will never not laugh at this

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

should put Chistmas lights in the pool instead of this lazy decorating. 4/10 wars on christmas.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mr. Pool posted:

farming is known to be very easy, I see no issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mr. Pool posted:

shrimp.....coin??

Brb registering SkrampCoin.biz

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. Pool posted:

shrimp.....coin??

safe moon god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

hooked on aquaponics worked for me

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

mila kunis posted:

the implementation details of a concept are interesting in and of themselves. i think what that article is getting at is there's a (slight) conflict of interests between some factions of capital. its not industrial capital vs finance necessarily even; the ultra right features private finance ghouls (like the mercers) who were on board with trump upsetting the working mechanisms of the empire vs mainstream 'institutional' finance on the other which preferred biden to keep a lid on things and kick the can down the road further.

trump with his buzzing helicopters over protesters like in Iraq and all black non insignia mercenaries was dress rehearsal from the future. The mercers were not about upsetting the empire but about the links of international capital to international markets

the only thing holding finance capital from consolidating is that international manufacturing they control is in China and they need another couple of years to move their supply chains

america is now like Japan's Princes of Yen, being governed by crisis

everything is stagnant until the next crash

then there is a flurry of action, mostly bad for everyone except capital, and stagnation again

next time is going to be absolutely brutal

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

a classic up there with groverhaus and that that filthy goon lair crawlspace with the plastic over the dirt and piles of monitors

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

If reddit can make some meme stupidity worth actual money, I mean... why can't we? Find some stock named something stupid like $GOON and pump it for no logical reason.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The_Franz posted:

a classic up there with groverhaus and that that filthy goon lair crawlspace with the plastic over the dirt and piles of monitors

The plastic on the floors was the vapor barrier, that goon was living in between insulating/protective layers like some sort of pest

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

chairface posted:

If reddit can make some meme stupidity worth actual money, I mean... why can't we? Find some stock named something stupid like $GOON and pump it for no logical reason.

I'd imagine it's because Reddit is a vast site that is hugely popular among many demographics, while C-SPAM currently has a grand total of 500 people reading it and a goon led pump and dump would garner no greater public attention and we'd just be taking money from each other.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Posting from the past but this is the worst part about "owning physical media is obsolete, just stream poo poo and rent it over and over"

this is why i pirate everything i watch. no thanks i'm not interested in my favorite movies vanishing down the memory hole because some corporation decided its not profitable to stream them any more. they are safe and sound on my external hard drives. my grandchildren will inherent my pirate archive and pass on the legacy

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Good soup! posted:

hooked on aquaponics worked for me

*brian regan voice*

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Rutibex posted:

this is why i pirate everything i watch. no thanks i'm not interested in my favorite movies vanishing down the memory hole because some corporation decided its not profitable to stream them any more. they are safe and sound on my external hard drives. my grandchildren will inherent my pirate archive and pass on the legacy

https://twitter.com/MediaInsider/status/1389249684200382467?s=20

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/nycjim/status/1398277021923414018?s=20

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Cheeky Nan DOS

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Rutibex posted:

So like my 10 year old sobrino has the computer touch to him. He has autohotkey installed for his Roblox grinding and already committed all of Onepeice to memory. Like looking at a mirror that time travels 20 years.

I want teach him how to pirate safely, but like I haven't actually pirated for 7ish years so I dug into the old sites. Jesus it was like checking in on the addicts from highschool, every single one of my sites are dead and I get the feeling TorrentFreaks turned fed. My poor ratio, lost like tears in the rain.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 24 days!)

can't wait until Terminator 2: Enhanced Edition, featuring John Connor calling his mom on his iPhone

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Feels like just yesterday when they rolled out that tech to scrub trademarks from old movies.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

$AMC down 2% what the hell make number go UP!

electric-jellyfish
May 24, 2020

CubeTheory posted:

I'd imagine it's because Reddit is a vast site that is hugely popular among many demographics, while C-SPAM currently has a grand total of 500 people reading it and a goon led pump and dump would garner no greater public attention and we'd just be taking money from each other.

shhh this is what makes it a perfect goon project

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Jabronie posted:

Cheeky Nan DOS

great username idea

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

electric-jellyfish posted:

shhh this is what makes it a perfect goon project

I've seen this play out in pump and dump *coin discord servers, without about a thousand people the only ones who profit are those who held before the pump started.

That being said, buy and hodl HAROLD. https://poocoin.app/tokens/0x9dac6d23e4b97fd6830e4d1c22afa602c01e83d9 ✋💎💎✋

Don't actually

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

net work error posted:

Now whether or not that poster is meeting food safety standards is a whole other thing.

My family farm raises catfish and crawfish.

I imagine "food safety" isn't his problem as the animals are harvested live into big tanker trucks (and paid for by the pound at your ponds) and then hauled off for another company to process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no artificial intelligence was used because it doesn’t exist