Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

_jink posted:

you can run near the far left corner (vid), all three mages will teleport in front of you, and some anemo skills/bursts should instantly swirl away most of the shields. can still be dangerous if your damage is low enough they start dancin, but it's one of the fastest domains once you work out the kinks.

I tried that with Sucrose but they wrecked me all the same, just a chain of being frozen or bubbled up with that drat fireball on me wiping out character after character before I could do anything. They even ate right through my Zhongli 40k hp shield before I could get two Ganyu shots off on an unshielded mage. I did have stamina issues so maybe I'll try it with Sucrose and Jean healing for some extra stam for dodging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I've been grinding the Pale Flame domain and my biggest enemy is the camera. I end up seeing nothing but bursts and damage numbers when the vishaps decide to run me into a corner.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They absolutely did fix some abyss mage patterns and/or notice range in abyss/artifact dungeons. Noticed it myself in crimson witch one - the last wave is two fire abyss mages. Before this patch I could kill one of them where they spawned and the other one wouldn't teleport to me and I could snipe him with Ganyu. This patch he teleports to me after he spawns even if I am at the other side of the arena.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I typically do noblesse coop and it works fairly well as long as you get some strong characters capable of breaking the shields and mop them up. Generally I go Ning or Zhongli and split up the mages. Venti works too to suck then into his burst.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The teapot currency used to buy new blueprints being the same as what you use to get weekly rewards is a huge bummer. I'd like to continue buying blueprints but its a lot harder when it clearly is costing you resources.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

kater posted:

The teapot currency used to buy new blueprints being the same as what you use to get weekly rewards is a huge bummer. I'd like to continue buying blueprints but its a lot harder when it clearly is costing you resources.

1.6 is going make realm rank increase friendship rating for your toons in the teapot, so I'm holding off until then.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

kater posted:

It's for after you've bought all of them, really. I just got done buying them all so now I don't have much else to do with the currency but buy poo poo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kinda sad they didn't make all of the Mora/exp items/ artifact exp items a rank 10 reward.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I never bought anything from the shop besides blueprints (and potions) until yesterday when I bought the last one.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
You hit rank 10 for the same reason you do anything: for the gems. All I have left are the ridiculous cheevos (50k currency, 600 crafted) and good god am I not motivated to craft 300 more <cheap thing>. It also took three blueprints from the current event to get exactly to rank 10 and 300 blueprints, which is kind of lovely when you think about the event being for a limited time. :/

I noticed the hits to my building from my friends list died right about the time I stopped caring so it looks like we're all burned out anyway. :v:

Completely unrelated topic shift: I'm coming up on needing a new character to level/gear/talent. If I already have a reasonably invested Diluc, is there an in-game case for caring about Hu Tao?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Mailer posted:

You hit rank 10 for the same reason you do anything: for the gems. All I have left are the ridiculous cheevos (50k currency, 600 crafted) and good god am I not motivated to craft 300 more <cheap thing>. It also took three blueprints from the current event to get exactly to rank 10 and 300 blueprints, which is kind of lovely when you think about the event being for a limited time. :/

I noticed the hits to my building from my friends list died right about the time I stopped caring so it looks like we're all burned out anyway. :v:

Completely unrelated topic shift: I'm coming up on needing a new character to level/gear/talent. If I already have a reasonably invested Diluc, is there an in-game case for caring about Hu Tao?

Diluc is one of the most boring characters in the game, so, yes?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
If you're already invested in Diluc, any other Pyro carry is extravagance. If you've got the materials and don't care then go for it but Diluc's always going to be good.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Finally got to and beat floor 12 of the abyss, only 31 stars but who loving cares, lol.

Floor 12 was actually a lot of fun because there's no gimmick bullshit to it, just really tough enemies, if floors 9-11 were like this I'd like abyss a LOT more.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

So I'm nowhere remotely close to endgame, meaning my gear is all just as close to okay as I can manage, with 75% of my artifacts being unleveled blues, but I've been playing around with the Eula I lucked into and it seems like she dies SUPER fast despite being a solid hitter. I think she's level 40, pending me farming her ascension mats, but most of my gang is around there, with my Traveler at 60 and Kaeya at 50 due to some fortunate farming I'd done at lower levels.

Is it simply a factor of not giving her enough defense or HP through equipment? Or am I missing something, like maybe it's a psychological thing where her stagger resistance means I keep plowing away when I should be dodging away for a reposition?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

For me it feels like its psychological. Technically she has more hp than most of the characters I play but I also tend to end up getting chunked. I thought part of it was that I main ningguang so usually I have a bunch of shields lying around, but even when playing support in multiplayer I tended to dodge more. Another thing is that I get distracted trying to pull off her combo well or get as many stacks as possible during her ult so I get more reckless

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

She also gets interruption resistance from her Grimheart stacks, so it's easy to be taking a lot of damage and not really notice because you aren't getting shoved around like a ragdoll like any other character would.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hit some new record numbers with Eula; managed to somehow do 260k with her burst once. The combination of the visuals and damage can be really satisfying - it's fun to be fighting something like the two big Geovishap guys in the Pale Flame/Millelith domain and just watch them both get instantly wiped out with the flash. I wouldn't be surprised if her burst is the highest damage from a single attack that can be done in the game currently; you can just end up with some pretty nuts multipliers on her burst that might end up outdoing what you can get from Mona's (though Mona's is probably easier since there's fewer things to line up).

She's also a bit more convenient for just running around whacking enemies in the overworld, since Hu Tao is considerably weaker when her skill isn't up (though I still imagine her overall DPS is probably unrivaled against enemies while both her skill and Xingqiu's burst is up). Eula can just hit things for 10-15k with nothing but Fischl's bird and a use of her skill to trigger Superconduct.

One other upside to Eula is that I don't think characters centered around elemental damage benefit as much from food as a physical attacker can, though that might be because other characters can benefit from potions as well (potion + something like the 5* atk/crit% food is probably roughly as good as the +45% phys + crit% food).

Mailer posted:

I'm the complete opposite situation, where I had a geared Hu Tao and then got Diluc soon before Eula.

I think one big factor might be what weapons you have available. If you have one of the best weapons for one character and not the other, that could make a difference. Though probably not a huge one.

edit: I just realized that, now that I have Diluc, I can make that extremely good food that gives +20% crit rate/dmg.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Speaking of food, I feel like I have absolutely no incentive to ever use stat buff foods because the only place where I might want to (the Abyss) doesn't let you use them. So I've never used one ever, I only cook to fulfill quest requirements or to make revival food. I can't be the only one who feels like this, right?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ytlaya posted:

I think one big factor might be what weapons you have available. If you have one of the best weapons for one character and not the other, that could make a difference. Though probably not a huge one.

It's all even at R0 BiS 4*s, aside from XL's weird Skyward Spine, so it's really just a question of if the damage difference was anything noticeable. I've got C2 Diluc so C0 Hu Tao would need to dump big numbers to keep up. If there's no number go up reason then I'm happy to move her to the back of the queue while I grind up someone who might give me an in on future abyss, like Ning+Noelle or Razor.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

You definitely don't need to eat food, but an extra whatever crit % and attack is great when grinding domains. Most buffs last long enough to blow most of your condensed anyway, so one application does it.

Sometimes it's the difference between a one phase fight or not with Dvalin, which is also very nice.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Clarste posted:

Speaking of food, I feel like I have absolutely no incentive to ever use stat buff foods because the only place where I might want to (the Abyss) doesn't let you use them. So I've never used one ever, I only cook to fulfill quest requirements or to make revival food. I can't be the only one who feels like this, right?

I definitely got to a certain stage where this was the case, but on my way to AR56 there was a spot where domains got harder and food was very useful. The other thing is that in some of the events using food made a difference, like the ones with the difficulty modifiers.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I ate food during the last conditional boss event. worked pretty good

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

SlimGoodbody posted:

So I'm nowhere remotely close to endgame, meaning my gear is all just as close to okay as I can manage, with 75% of my artifacts being unleveled blues, but I've been playing around with the Eula I lucked into and it seems like she dies SUPER fast despite being a solid hitter. I think she's level 40, pending me farming her ascension mats, but most of my gang is around there, with my Traveler at 60 and Kaeya at 50 due to some fortunate farming I'd done at lower levels.

Is it simply a factor of not giving her enough defense or HP through equipment? Or am I missing something, like maybe it's a psychological thing where her stagger resistance means I keep plowing away when I should be dodging away for a reposition?

The lower level means she has less HP than she should if you are at a world level where enemies are around level 60, plus she will take increased damage if enemies are 10+ levels above her. Another part of Eula's vulnerability comes from the fact that her burst skill wants to you hit the enemies as much as possible to charge it up, and she gets stagger resistance with her E to help you with that. But this also means that you'll be taking attacks that you'd normally dodge if you were using other characters, and not really noticing because she's not getting staggered like other characters would.

If you have Noelle or Diona, bringing one of them for their shields might help mitigate some of the damage you're taking. You can also look into cooking +defense foods for a little bit of extra longevity. Also try to do the Monstadt reputation quests so you can craft the NRE gadget, which will let you hotkey healing food.

Of course, leveling your artifacts, especially the flower, will help as well.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 31, 2021

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Clarste posted:

Speaking of food, I feel like I have absolutely no incentive to ever use stat buff foods

I use a jade parcel in every domain and on every boss, the +30% shield food too

Because why wouldn't you? I have over 500 jade parcels and it keeps climbing just by crafting whatever I have mats for after an artifact or crystal gathering run

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Mailer posted:

It's all even at R0 BiS 4*s, aside from XL's weird Skyward Spine, so it's really just a question of if the damage difference was anything noticeable. I've got C2 Diluc so C0 Hu Tao would need to dump big numbers to keep up. If there's no number go up reason then I'm happy to move her to the back of the queue while I grind up someone who might give me an in on future abyss, like Ning+Noelle or Razor.

Hu tao's damage celling is much higher if you are willing to deal with her hp/stamina management and animation canceling.

On c0, with jump canceling her charge attacks her damage is closer to a full built ganyu, without she is more in line with other pyro carries if slightly ahead.

One more advantage she has is she can afford greedier and more varied team comps as her supports can afford much more field time due to her in built cooldown.

Still I would only recommend her if you actually like her playstyle as diluc can absolutely carry through everything this game can throw at you.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

If you have Jean, today's Hilichurl is hilarious.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Colorspray posted:

So I've been wondering for my eula comp with diona and fischl: is it worth putting favonius bow on fischl for the extra particles when diona has the sac bow?

My fischl currently has 2p glad + 2pc TF and a choice between veridescent hunt, stringless, and favonius bow. In theory, the fav bow would trade damage/crit for 100% Oz uptime and an extra energy particle every however so many seconds.

Not sure if the damage trade off is worth it, but her conceptual role in this comp is electro application and whatever energy she can get for the team.

Resource starved as hell. Next BP cant come soon enough.

Assuming you care about her damage, Stringless with it's 24% boost to Oz is definitely the way to go. I'm pretty sure it has a higher attack stat than Favonius too. It's generally considered the best 4 star weapon for Fischl, and having one on mine while she technically does most of my DPS, I've gotta agree with that.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

kater posted:

Just buy the blueprints. I just finished buying the last one. It only cost 2 weeks of coins, and that's with buying the resin as well.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clarste posted:

:same:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

If you have Jean, today's Hilichurl is hilarious.

I did, and it was.

They wouldn't let you.... lol

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

I mostly use food to top off my health without switching characters. Or if I'm building friendship with a character and they are just not well suited to the domain I'm running.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I think I need to give up on the weapon banner this time around if I want to roll for Kazuha down the line. drat.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Any word on the shop characters for June from the Chinese servers yet?

Cool, I'm down to needing constellations for Razor, the two new characters, and the starting knights at this point.

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 31, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
A few more hours I think. We're expecting Barbara and Kaeya but there's still hope for something to change. People say C2 Kaeya is good so I'm tempted but it doesn't sound very good.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Just got Eula to 80/90 with an 80/90 Song of broken wallets.

Trip report: Girl owns and does exactly what's on the tin: melee blender. Haven't farmed pale flame at all so she's currently borrowing my gladaliator set until I'm finished weeping in that domain for the next couple months.

Went with stringless on Oz because fav bow not generating a particle when fischl is off field was a dealbreaker. I don't have 100% ult uptime on Eula but I noticed so far her ult is finnicky and I get more mileage out of all the cryo damage coming from skill > ult > skill. Half wondering if a cryo build would be viable on her paired with chong and a wolf's gravestone.

Azhdaha can eat a dick; every time the ult sword was about to go off he went into a cutscene and avoided that truckload of damage.

Andrius though, was not so lucky. :getin:

Now leveling xinyan, so I've been running eula/Bennett/Diona/Fischl in the meantime.

I had doubted myself thinking bennet would ultimately spoil me with his energy regen and ult, but I'm finding a second shield from xinyan and how greedy eula is with not wanting to be switched out, Xinyan may still do very well in his spot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've heard Rosaria is a popular replacement for Bennett in that spot. Her energy generation is good (especially with Favonious Lance) and so is her off-field damage, and getting Eula's sword to explode while standing in Bennett Q is sometimes hard.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

That's interesting! Rosaria is not in my roster, but I can see the appeal.

I want to see what Xinyan can do with the power of rock and roll! (please don't be the screen door on my submarine)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Rosario chasing down enemies with her skill is an underrated part. Saves you a stamina dash.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Colorspray posted:

Went with stringless on Oz because fav bow not generating a particle when fischl is off field was a dealbreaker. I don't have 100% ult uptime on Eula but I noticed so far her ult is finnicky and I get more mileage out of all the cryo damage coming from skill > ult > skill. Half wondering if a cryo build would be viable on her paired with chong and a wolf's gravestone.

When properly built, the physical component of her ult does so much damage that I really doubt you could get similar with a cryo build. I initially used a Cryo goblet on her and switching to a physical one (even though it had worse sub-stats) was significantly more damage.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the ult's physical component does ludicrous damage (first time seeing 200k, and in this case significantly above), and I imagine her regular attacks with all debuffs on the enemy are also a significant portion of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Colorspray posted:

That's interesting! Rosaria is not in my roster, but I can see the appeal.

I want to see what Xinyan can do with the power of rock and roll! (please don't be the screen door on my submarine)
Its conceptually decent given that she gives more phys res down and has a phys ult. So it's probably the best possible usage of Xinyan atm.