Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
The Virtual Boy was a direct upgrade on life so clearly that's the best updated system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grevlek posted:

The Virtual Boy was a direct upgrade on life so clearly that's the best updated system

Nintendo should've rereleased the Virtual Boy catalogue on the 3DS :colbert:.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Can we get wireless bluetooh audio Nintendo

I also realized they should really changeup the pokemon game formula

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo should've rereleased the Virtual Boy catalogue on the 3DS :colbert:.

They could have charged $40 for a a collection of just the stuff developed/published by Nintendo and I would have bought that. Mario Clash, Tennis, Wario Land, Teleroboxer, Nester's Funky Bowling... if they got Galactic Pinball and Red Alarm on there, that would have just been a bonus for me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro7x posted:

They could have charged $40 for a a collection of just the stuff developed/published by Nintendo and I would have bought that. Mario Clash, Tennis, Wario Land, Teleroboxer, Nester's Funky Bowling... if they got Galactic Pinball and Red Alarm on there, that would have just been a bonus for me.

People would probably kill for a Jack Bros. rerelease just for the Atlus/SMT branding.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That reminds me I need to try out that Virtual Boy emulator for the 3DS.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Odd Mutant posted:

short metroidvania games > long metroidvania games IMO. the pacing just ends up better for that sort of format.

What are some good short Metroidvanias people would recommend on the Switch?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Walla posted:

That reminds me I need to try out that Virtual Boy emulator for the 3DS.

Shiiit. Now I gotta Google that, had no idea. I'm a whore for 3D.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Uranium green switch please

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

I have honestly been wondering if we will get an N64 homage switch in the vein of the NES GBASP or the SNES 3DS.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

People would probably kill for a Jack Bros. rerelease just for the Atlus/SMT branding.

Good idea. SMTV should come with a Jack Bros edition switch

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Look I didn't want to say anything but the super switch is getting announced on June 14th, just wait until then.

The fact that you call it a "Super Switch" and not a "Switch Pro" automatically makes me believe this just a little more than the current rumors

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the uncles are coming from inside the thread

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My Uncle who doesn't work for Nintendo said "what's a Switch?" and I believe this proves the switch upgrade will have a completely new name

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Might as well just ask this here but every time I say they should port the SMT 3DS library, somebody says "that be hard."

But would it? Final Fantasy III and IV's remakes were on original DS and got ported to phones and Steam. Is the 3DS significantly different or harder, especially since the SMT games don't make much use of the touchscreen feature and emulate perfectly fine?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

NikkolasKing posted:

Might as well just ask this here but every time I say they should port the SMT 3DS library, somebody says "that be hard."

But would it? Final Fantasy III and IV's remakes were on original DS and got ported to phones and Steam. Is the 3DS significantly different or harder, especially since the SMT games don't make much use of the touchscreen feature and emulate perfectly fine?

i feel like they'd port over well if they don't have a lot of touch screeny stuff! maybe atlus is working on it? :pray:

for 3DS games that got rereleased over to the switch, one that always comes to mind is rune factory 4, which iirc didn't have too much touch screen stuff and they just stuck the map on the main screen

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

NikkolasKing posted:

The question isn't "Is it possible?" the question is "would it be profitable enough to put in the effort?"

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

OhFunny posted:

There's no combat, but A Short Hike!

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I've picked New Pokémon Snap, and it's a much bigger game than I had been expecting from the original. There's something like eleven distinct areas, plus day/night variants, alternative routes and five "boss fights". On top of that I'm leveling up routes, adding in more Pokémon.

It's not a long game by any means, but I'm in the post game now and working my way through the requests system (basically bountys for certain hard to photo poses), and that's adding even more life to it. I'll even manage to find a whole new Pokémon on a course that I've overlooked from time to time.

I absolutely love this game

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

OhFunny posted:

blasphemous is incredible. axiom verge is pretty good. the messenger is kind of pretending to be a metroidvania but it's actually just an excellent platformer.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Electromax posted:

An homage name like Super Switch or Switch Advance is better than phone-sounding plus or pro, but people seem split on whether it's a big enough jump. A revision is less exciting than a "Switch 2", but I guess the Game Boy -> Game Boy Color shows that it can be done even with revision-exclusive games (a sort of half-sequel).

As an hommage to themselves and sicne this is an update to prolong the existence of the hardware and not make something outstanding new (probably), Nintendo should call it the "Switch 1-Up".

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

OhFunny posted:

I was a huge fan of A Robot Named Fight which is randomly generated Super Metroid. But it has enough goals and achievements to keep you hooked for some time.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

It'll be called the S.W.I.T.C.H.

Super
Wintendo
Intertainment
Tsystem
Console
Hardware

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Nintendo Swank

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

OhFunny posted:

There's Super Metroid on the virtual console if you somehow haven't played it. Drop everything and do that if not.

There's Hollow Knight, which is top of the genre for recent years.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Geo Fixer posted:

I have honestly been wondering if we will get an N64 homage switch in the vein of the NES GBASP or the SNES 3DS.

Dataminers said we were getting one last year or the year before lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MechaSeinfeld posted:

the uncles are coming from inside the thread

This NEEDS to be the new thread title. Needs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Len posted:

Dataminers said we were getting one last year or the year before lol

To be fair, literally every project under the sun was hosed by COVID last year.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This NEEDS to be the new thread title. Needs.

Agreed.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bug Squash posted:

There's Super Metroid on the virtual console if you somehow haven't played it. Drop everything and do that if not.

There's Hollow Knight, which is top of the genre for recent years.

these are both excellent but not “short” metroidvanias at all.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

OhFunny posted:

Gato Roboto is 3-4 hours to 100%, super cute, and has surprisingly good movement mechanics

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

b_d posted:

these are both excellent but not “short” metroidvanias at all.

Super Metroid is pretty short. 6-8 hours for a first playtgrough.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
gently caress sake my switch micro sd card has just decided to not work just as I was gonna go sit in the sunshine playing resi evil 4

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

infraboy posted:

Can we get wireless bluetooh audio Nintendo

I also realized they should really changeup the pokemon game formula

It's not built in but yes you can get an adapter that sits in the bottom of the switch for Bluetooth audio

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Chronojam posted:

It's not built in but yes you can get an adapter that sits in the bottom of the switch for Bluetooth audio

Not yet but the Switch 1-Up (or Pro) will have it antively, said someone on the Internet with an uncle...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
name the new switch the xbox two

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

WesY2K posted:

Not yet but the Switch 1-Up (or Pro) will have it antively, said someone on the Internet with an uncle...

This was also promised by the dataminers

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I know this is your weird gimmick but data miners don’t promise anything. They just look at the data. Just because it’s there doesn’t mean it’s going to be used or that it will immediately be used. Just that it exists

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
a funeral for a much beloved member of the community has taken place, and now it is the wake. refreshments are served at a nearby bar.

suddenly len arrives and starts taking a big poo poo on every table in the room. just really goes to town on it.

"what the gently caress are you doing!" shouts the grieving widow.

"dont worry, this is my gimmick" says len, while making GBS threads, shittily.

"it's horrible and nobody is enjoying it, please stop"

"but...but it's my gimmick???"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I know this is your weird gimmick but data miners don’t promise anything. They just look at the data. Just because it’s there doesn’t mean it’s going to be used or that it will immediately be used. Just that it exists

Well yes they are reading tea leaves

Buy that doesn't stop my news feed from exploding into "Dataminers find proof of (thing) coming soon!"

Where are my gyroids at dataminers? You lying bastards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Maybe your news feed needs better curation.

What the gently caress is a news feed. Am I now a dinosaur because I go to a news website?