Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Xuses/status/1399529474199261187?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
There's so few nodes though. Some parts of the world have none. :ohdear:

It'll probably work well enough to have the positive buzz to try again for 6 though.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 1, 2021

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

and I'll look down and whisper "no".

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

"DBZ combos are too long, I'll just go back to the game with Lychee in it."

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
VF5US main menu runs online replays for you, so idling on the title screen (presumably at a local even or something) will run high-ranked replays while waiting for players to come up and start playing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

god drat i am so happy vf5 is back

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA27065_00-9569812838891386

Its up!!

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Anyone have an idea where I can get some silent 24mm buttons for my hotbox....in Canada?
Seems like everywhere I look either doesn't stock them, or is out of stock.

Or is there a guide online somewhere on how to make your own foam pads? I tried twice to make my own and the first of cotton did next to nothing and the second I think I cut the foam too thick and my buttons didn't work properly.

I got put on the nightshift at work recently and I'd like to play fightmans again without feeling like I'm waking up my house

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Huh. I'm pretty close to one, so now I'm sorta hopeful I'll have a good online experience

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I’m really amazed how good all my online matches have been so far. Whatever this non-rollback solution is seems to be working so far

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

As a middle easterner I appreciate SEGA reminding me yet again that I don’t exist and don’t deserve to be catered to.

Well guess I’ll stick with the fine folks at Guilty Gear Stive and Tekken then!!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hot drat

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress yes

virtua fighter forever

edit: im very happy. Netcode seems good so far, game looks great and its VF5. life is good.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 1, 2021

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Hot Dog!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I tried to go and see how much the base game cost in Malaysian PSN, and I see this:

What does included mean? Does this mean I own base Ultimate Showdown already? Don't have access to my PS4 at to check.

I don't officially have a PS online subscription though, which is why I was checking the price in the first place. I can see that buying the game + DLC is possible but if I already have the game by default..

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Artelier posted:

So I tried to go and see how much the base game cost in Malaysian PSN, and I see this:

What does included mean? Does this mean I own base Ultimate Showdown already? Don't have access to my PS4 at to check.

I don't officially have a PS online subscription though, which is why I was checking the price in the first place. I can see that buying the game + DLC is possible but if I already have the game by default..

Included with PlayStation plus subscription

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/IkingMkII__/status/1399424342841348098

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Happy the VF online works well. :unsmith:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

So guys how is Virtua fighter handling for you? I’m super jealous, from what I’ve been seeing online impressions have been overall positive, here’s hoping they port it to PC soon.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

LeninVS posted:

Anyone have an idea where I can get some silent 24mm buttons for my hotbox....in Canada?
Seems like everywhere I look either doesn't stock them, or is out of stock.

Or is there a guide online somewhere on how to make your own foam pads? I tried twice to make my own and the first of cotton did next to nothing and the second I think I cut the foam too thick and my buttons didn't work properly.

I got put on the nightshift at work recently and I'd like to play fightmans again without feeling like I'm waking up my house
I might be wrong but I don't think silent 24mm buttons exist.

The best options are probably these or these. The first ones seem close to the inserts of the original Sanwa buttons but they're out of stock The second ones are thicker than the first so they're probably better at dampening the sound but will have a mushier feel when you press the button all the way down. May or may not be an issue for you.

Distant third best option: https://focusattack.com/silencer-sanwa-seimitsu-30mm-foam-washers-pack-of-8/. Made for 30mm buttons. Need to be trimmed to fit your 24mm buttons.

Worst option due to :effort:: The "foam" inserts in the original silent buttons are apparently made of neoprene so if you can find a small sheet with the right thickness (1mm) you can try making them yourself.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Artelier posted:

From what I understand, you can’t buy just the game. If you have PS+ then you get just the game for free, and the dlc bundle is buyable within the game for 10 USD. If you don’t have PS+ then the only way to buy the game is the 30 USD bundle that includes everything.

30 bucks is totally worth it, I’d say, unless that currency conversion actually makes it way worse for you.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

no one is talking about this, but vf5us has bad button select. it's like marvel 3's button config. why is this a thing

this poo poo is inexcusable in 2021

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

On one hand it has bad button select but on the other hand it has an “arcade stick” preset so it’s really a wash

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

only thing that annoys me is the lack of quest mode

otherwise jesus its really good vf and i cant stop smiling

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Woohooooo downloading now. I don’t have my ps4 on a wired connection yet so I’ll probably avoid online for a while. Does it come with anything resembling the kumite mode from vf4? I sunk hundreds of hours into that as a kid.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

giogadi posted:

Woohooooo downloading now. I don’t have my ps4 on a wired connection yet so I’ll probably avoid online for a while. Does it come with anything resembling the kumite mode from vf4? I sunk hundreds of hours into that as a kid.

Just Arcade and Versus

Edit: I just realized that the replays don’t have commentary. Game sucks.

Edit: woah is there no way to save replays at all in this game? I think the only replays that exist are those online streaming ones

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 1, 2021

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Trying to learn Aoi or Goh in VF because I hate myself

Which one is the less frustrating one to learn? Goh seems like a wierd counter hit Dragunov style grappler, where as Aoi seems like EVERYTHING she does is fishing for a counter and using her positioning tools to dominate.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I think there are bots on VF5 or something. Twice I've been matched against different people who just endlessly spam punch (Which kinda makes the match easy when I'm playing Venessa. I can type out this post while watching the auto counter do its thing).

Also coming over to VF from Tekken is definitely going to take a lot of getting used to.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Archer666 posted:

I think there are bots on VF5 or something. Twice I've been matched against different people who just endlessly spam punch (Which kinda makes the match easy when I'm playing Venessa. I can type out this post while watching the auto counter do its thing).

Also coming over to VF from Tekken is definitely going to take a lot of getting used to.

These bots end up in every big game. Sfv had a ton when it launched

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What good are such basic bots in a fighting game? You are never going to climb the ranks with an AI that just punches.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TulliusCicero posted:

What good are such basic bots in a fighting game? You are never going to climb the ranks with an AI that just punches.

you'd be surprised at how many people lose to dash up meaty light

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

My surprise is that anyone would think random online opponents just hitting punch are bots on a "free" game that just came out and tons of people who never played a fighting game before are downloading right now.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Who’s a solid newbie character? Like, the VF5 Ryu? I don’t mind getting smoked but this is going to take some getting used to.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

BurningBeard posted:

Who’s a solid newbie character? Like, the VF5 Ryu? I don’t mind getting smoked but this is going to take some getting used to.

Jackie seems like the usual answer

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I forgot how much I like vf. I’m not sure if it’s because there are a bazillion people playing or what, but I’m able to find matches that play really well easily enough.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

BurningBeard posted:

Pai, Jacky, Jean

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brad's probably one of the closest characters in the cast to a Tekken character, so try him out if you play a lot of Tekken. Wolf and Lau are both fairly simple. Besides that, yeah, Pai, Jacky, Jean. Pai's pretty close to a DoA character even besides literally being in DoA, so same logic with her as Brad had with Tekken.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

BurningBeard posted:

jacky and jean are pretty good beginner characters

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress that learn shun di and own at life forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Incidentally there is a VF5 wiki that has some guides and movelists for most of the characters. Just stuff like 'what moves to focus on learning how to use first'