Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I guess in good news CDPR is still profitable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

codo27 posted:

How do I gently caress people

When it asked me to input a dick size, I was definitely expecting more sexual content.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Dr_Amazing posted:

When it asked me to input a dick size, I was definitely expecting more sexual content.

Why the hell was it even an option. Your junk never shows up in the game at all. Seems like they added it just to create buzz/controversy in the lead up to the release.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Nah, it was an attempt to put an earlier controversy to rest, not create a new one.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

necrobobsledder posted:

I guess in good news CDPR is still profitable

yeah but it's in the position of being "not as profitable as we wanted" which means heads, spikes, walls

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1399420290761998337

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 31, 2021

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

https://twitter.com/Ollie7541/status/1399420432927780867?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

guess we arnt getting addons lol.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I like how all the high profile staff are leaving in droves after their payouts lol

good choice honestly

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Went to do the preparation for the parade float thing. Trying to actually be all metal gear solid for a change (even though I rambo'd 4 an 5 of that too), try to remove a marker off a guy I'd taken out, toss a grenade instead. Then I had to go through the most unenjoyable process of blowing the head off of every last person in that whole complex. Even with almost 600lbs carrying capacity, I had to use a protein powder to get out of there.

Then Panam calls me for a mission, we're doing some recon before hand and after its over...it just repeats the sequence except its all black except for the red silhouettes of all the enemies and stuff and theres just no way out so I have to altf4

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

codo27 posted:

Went to do the preparation for the parade float thing. Trying to actually be all metal gear solid for a change (even though I rambo'd 4 an 5 of that too), try to remove a marker off a guy I'd taken out, toss a grenade instead. Then I had to go through the most unenjoyable process of blowing the head off of every last person in that whole complex. Even with almost 600lbs carrying capacity, I had to use a protein powder to get out of there.

Then Panam calls me for a mission, we're doing some recon before hand and after its over...it just repeats the sequence except its all black except for the red silhouettes of all the enemies and stuff and theres just no way out so I have to altf4
also how you approach any mission doesn't loving matter lol, nothing changes

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
[CORPO] also how you approach any mission doesn't loving matter lol, nothing changes

[NOMAD] also how you approach any mission doesn't loving matter lol, nothing changes

[STREET KID] also how you approach any mission doesn't loving matter lol, nothing changes

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

guess we arnt getting addons lol.

I figure they'll officially re-release it on PS5 and whatever the gently caress the current Xbox is called, and make DLC for that

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Honestly now may be a great time to buy into CDPR's stock. Seems like they'll slowly become another EA over the next 15 years.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You know what would save cyberpunk, a battle royale gameplay mode.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

You know what would save cyberpunk, a battle royale gameplay mode.

what is next after the whole "cram a br mode into it" thing is finally done? what is the pubg of tomorrow? among us?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Them kids play games with building buildings don't they? Cybercraft 2078 will be the thing they watch on streams.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

codo27 posted:

I feel like I've done nothing in the story. In retrospect, Jackie->heist->rescue EV/she dies->hellman->now feels like a couple of hours of actual playtime. I know its more, but still. The rest is all inconsequential money grinds or being trigger happy.

Do the Voodoo Boys quest and make sure you do everything related to Panam and the nomads AFTER the Hellman arc. It's worth it and belongs to the better parts of the game.

Tenzarin is correct when they say that the good and the bad is intermixed. For every high there is a low, where the game forces you on it's track and does not give you extra options. Remember, this was marketed as a choice-heavy action-RPG, until they changed the description to "Action-Adventure" a year before release. I can live with the dead city, the broken traffic and cop AI, the limited cybernetics and all the other jank. But playing Cyberpunk after Witcher 3 is such a letdown when it comes to the story.

I would only go back to this game, if the DLCs tied into the main campaign and opened up new choices and alternative paths, together with new or extended endings.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lmao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Apparently one of the investors on their conference call calculated that the game had sold just 800,000 copies across the first quarter of 2021. Which, given it started off selling like 10 million copies in its launch month on account of strong pre-orders, is a slight decrease.

Also from the investor call stuff:
  • The next patch ("not the biggest one, rather smaller") will be out in the next couple of weeks.
  • They're in "the middle" of getting back onto Playstation Store, there are "metrics" they need to hit before they'll be allowed back that they don't want to discuss. No estimates on their return.
  • They've also had discussions with Microsoft, not just Sony, with some fairly bad implications (ie. the SVP of biz dev saying that he'll only talk about the contents of the discussions with Sony and MS in his memoirs in 20 years time)
  • Their weird "roadmap" was updated with a footnote that the "Free DLCs" will be "small additional content".
  • 300 people working on unfucking the game, with 30% of the team working on unannounced new content. US$7.9 million has been spent on current patches.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

quote:

Cyberpunk 2077 will 'live up to what we promised,' CD Projekt boss says

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-live-up-to-what-we-promised-cd-projekt-boss-says/

They still haven't learned to shut their big, dumb mouth.

What was promised was a living, breathing city with a ton of interaction, where the players would make their own choices, sometimes with long term consequences and heavily influenced by the background picked at the beginning.

Instead we got an on-rails story in a Potemkin village.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CDPR needs to shut the gently caress up.
They've literally dug themselves up into the same hole as No Man's Sky did by not shutting the gently caress up, but unlike No Man's Sky they aren't going to dig themselves out of it.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Jack Trades posted:

CDPR needs to shut the gently caress up.
They've literally dug themselves up into the same hole as No Man's Sky did by not shutting the gently caress up, but unlike No Man's Sky they aren't going to dig themselves out of it.

This is all from an investor meeting, required by law, you absolute weirdo.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Sorry about your game being bad. Not need to call other posters weirdos

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

This is all from an investor meeting, required by law, you absolute weirdo.

I'm really not sure why you'd be defending your bosses, situation being what it is, but okay.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zeta Acosta posted:

jack trades is a known liar and troll, don't defend him

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

they really havent even started with the paid expansion content

so the game runs better or less people are playing it? are going to release the Y axis with the next gen patch?

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 1, 2021

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

jack trades is a known liar and troll, don't defend him

[Citation Needed]

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zeta Acosta posted:

they really havent even started with the paid expansion content

Roadmap:
2020 - Stuff
2021 - Things
2022 - Bonus Content

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Zeta Acosta posted:

so the game runs better or less people are playing it? are going to release the Y axis with the next gen patch?

Seeing as it spikes after a patch dropped and then going down without another patch/hotfix, I assume it's just total crashes, not crashes per hour played? Less people playing, less crashes.

I tried again after the 1.2 dropped, and forgot that when I hit continue, it replays the credits (because it crashed the last time on me during the credits), so I thought I'd let them run through this time, and of course it crashed again during the credits. (PS4 Pro)

Haven't picked it up again after that.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Zeta Acosta posted:

Cause the other poster has an absolutely idiotic take?

Getting buttmad about the mere existence of something (an investor report) that isn't targeted at you, is basically a peak gamer neckbeard moment.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SweetBro posted:

Cause the other poster has an absolutely idiotic take?

Getting buttmad about the mere existence of something (an investor report) that isn't targeted at you, is basically a peak gamer neckbeard moment.

Way to let the point completely sail above your head.

I thought that CDPR continuously promising something that they absolutely failed to deliver on was a pretty agreed upon fact and I don't think that it's that much of a stretch to assume that they're never going to be able deliver on those promises. That's why they should just take the L instead of promising more poo poo they're not going to deliver on.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the game that cdpr promised died in 2016 when they started again. the game that they halfassed last december will never be fixed because that game doesnt exist anymore

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Jack Trades posted:

I am a known liar and troll, don't defend me.

Checks out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

2house2fly posted:

I figure they'll officially re-release it on PS5 and whatever the gently caress the current Xbox is called, and make DLC for that

Makes sense.

The Kins posted:

Apparently one of the investors on their conference call calculated that the game had sold just 800,000 copies across the first quarter of 2021. Which, given it started off selling like 10 million copies in its launch month on account of strong pre-orders, is a slight decrease.

Also from the investor call stuff:
  • The next patch ("not the biggest one, rather smaller") will be out in the next couple of weeks.
  • They're in "the middle" of getting back onto Playstation Store, there are "metrics" they need to hit before they'll be allowed back that they don't want to discuss. No estimates on their return.
  • They've also had discussions with Microsoft, not just Sony, with some fairly bad implications (ie. the SVP of biz dev saying that he'll only talk about the contents of the discussions with Sony and MS in his memoirs in 20 years time)
  • Their weird "roadmap" was updated with a footnote that the "Free DLCs" will be "small additional content".
  • 300 people working on unfucking the game, with 30% of the team working on unannounced new content. US$7.9 million has been spent on current patches.

Yeah. With the free dlc that was always gonna be the case. That’s what they did with Witcher 3. Also id pay to be a fly on the wall for that call.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Pretty sure that graph is the product life cycle (maturity to decline) https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/other/product-life-cycle/

Edit: or maybe if we follow the meeting minutes the context will tell us what it is :shrug:

itry fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 1, 2021

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
The promise made in reference was to update the game following release, not the hyped up nonexistent game people were imagining for 3+ years. That’s not an outlandish promise at all although given the rather muted flow of information this year I don’t know what would help people feel better anyway.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i wonder what microsoft told them to scare them shitless

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 1, 2021

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

necrobobsledder posted:

The promise made in reference was to update the game following release, not the hyped up nonexistent game people were imagining for 3+ years. That’s not an outlandish promise at all although given the rather muted flow of information this year I don’t know what would help people feel better anyway.

an actual roadmap that is not "we will do things, great things, the best things."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I wonder if TW3's sales in 2021 are better than Cyberpunk's, 2020 was apparently the second best sales year in history for grandpa Geralt.