Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Delta-Wye posted:

much like early posts in the coronavirus thread let me know to order a respirator, i've already ordered a banjo thanks to our friend throawaylien. best case, ive beat the rush and can please our new alien overlords, worst case i'll get real good at banjo and go get a farmersonly account instead.

Reminds me of an old joke...

How to get a million dollars playing bluegrass banjo.

1) Start with two million,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

PawParole posted:

a purported part of the report.

I have some doubts about this!!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

banjo aliens? duh, Outer Wilds was soft disclosure

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

PawParole posted:

I don't think that's real. The conclusion that they're AI controlled drones is very reasonable, but the bits about recreating the behavior in a neural network and using that to tell whether they're inorganic or organic sounds like complete bullshit.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

frankly, if we can't trust the authenticity of an off-angle camera phone shot of a word document, what can we trust

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
poo poo photo of a screen covered in moiré instead of prntscn or save-to-pdf is exactly what i would expect out of an ancient rear end boomer. definitely real and clearly leaked by a congress critter personally.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

gh0stpinballa posted:

Interesting screen grab. I mean we generally think of the weird orb or disk as being fully formed and hovering there in the sky but what if a typical UAP is more like somebody dipping a finger in an aquarium, the fish react but they don't have any conception of the fingertip being just a fraction of a (to them) gigantic and much more advanced organism.

orz is orz

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

Yeah the saucer life is an awesome show

its the best saucer podcast by a stretch. some interesting things come from chris knowles, gordon white, and to a lesser degree the gaggle over at Where Did the Road Go. mike clelland is alright but less saucer more...uh...owl.

Delta-Wye posted:

a congress critter

lol

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 18:49 on May 31, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Delta-Wye posted:

poo poo photo of a screen covered in moiré instead of prntscn or save-to-pdf is exactly what i would expect out of an ancient rear end boomer. definitely real and clearly leaked by a congress critter personally.

trumP

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

PawParole posted:

I’m the fake references and footnotes to nonexistent reports

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Blackout Flower Report sounds cool.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vomik posted:

why would the DoD's alien AI reports be unclassified

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Vomik posted:

i'm skittish but very aware, sort of like my parrot, actually

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

i'm the navy fighter pilot allowed to keep a live parrot on an aircraft carrier

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
https://www.businessinsider.com/killer-drone-hunted-down-human-target-without-being-told-un-2021-5

quote:

A "lethal" weaponized drone "hunted down a human target" without being told to for the first time, according to a UN report seen by the New Scientist.

The March 2020 incident saw a KARGU-2 quadcopter autonomously attack a human during a conflict between Libyan government forces and a breakaway military faction, led by the Libyan National Army's Khalifa Haftar, the Daily Star reported.

The Turkish-built KARGU-2, a deadly attack drone designed for asymmetric warfare and anti-terrorist operations, targeted one of Haftar's soldiers while he tried to retreat, according to the paper.

lmao this is such a lie.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I don't know, my phone keeps telling me to gently caress off and calls me a pervert constantly

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Crazypoops posted:

I don't know, my phone keeps telling me to gently caress off and calls me a pervert constantly

you might want to change your anime ringtones OP

or not if you like that kinda thing, not judging

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I buy it, the technology is there if you're not super picky about it getting things wrong.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Gumball Gumption posted:

I buy it, the technology is there if you're not super picky about it getting things wrong.

Move fast and break kill things people

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

The lie is that this is the first time it has happened.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

tomorrows the day of the report! (?maybe)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bullfrog posted:

tomorrows the day of the report! (?maybe)

The writers always put too much in the second part of the episode, we'll be able to figure out what it is from that

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
ah gently caress the report's due tomorrow??? gently caress i haven't done any homework poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

munce posted:

Mysterious Universe

the mysterious universe hosts are hosed up western traditionalist transphobe types

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k0Yz-iVxdY

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Monsters eating the homework an actual possibility discussed at the highest levels of the CIA

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

PawParole posted:

Autonomous probes make a lot of sense because unless they had some way to ignore momentum inside the ufos, any living thing would get turned to goo by going 10000 mph to zero. The big black triangle ones could have creatures in them if they aren't just fake or human aircraft. If the ufos aren't from the ocean, i think it's unlikely that they could carry enough fuel to get here from somewhere else, so maybe those triangles are motherships

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

AI did my warcrimes

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

A MIRACLE posted:

y’all should read the top posts on r/culturallayer it’s a conspiracy sub about forgotten civilizations

Oh Christ more people talking about the Tartarians

Everything I ever wanted to learn about UFOs I learned from Ancient Aliens

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

munce posted:

Mysterious Universe

I used to love these guys, but they got slowly and surely more vocally alt-right until I couldn't listen any more.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

AI did my warcrimes

Lol this is totally going to be used at some point

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rickshaw posted:

I used to love these guys, but they got slowly and surely more vocally alt-right until I couldn't listen any more.

It's disappointing but not surprising, given the staggering amount of racism that circulates around the older UFO crowd. Hell, MUFON has stopped even trying to hide that they're still working with noted shitbag John Ventre, so apparently they feel as well that there's more money in pandering to racists than in keeping it under their hat.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
The Skinwalker episodes of Astonishing Legends own, the whole thing is entertaining as gently caress. Ty to whoever recommended them

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Astonishing Legends are great because they do their homework and really get into what’s actually happening, but there’s two of them that are totally credulous about ufos and aliens and they’ll always fall for it and just make it part of whatever the episode is about. The Gobleki Tepe episode is a great example of this, as one of them goes way off the rails talking about how the statues of hooded human figures could represent outsiders “from somewhere” who taught things to the people there while the other hosts are trying to stick to actual scholarship.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

where's this darn report

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Astonishing Legends are great because they do their homework and really get into what’s actually happening, but there’s two of them that are totally credulous about ufos and aliens and they’ll always fall for it and just make it part of whatever the episode is about. The Gobleki Tepe episode is a great example of this, as one of them goes way off the rails talking about how the statues of hooded human figures could represent outsiders “from somewhere” who taught things to the people there while the other hosts are trying to stick to actual scholarship.

I confess that I'm a little confused by this, since Astonishing Legends is just two hosts all the time, Scott Philbrook and Forrest Burgess. They only ever have the two hosts, and yeah they're definitely true believer, everything is connected kind of people.

They do have guests on from time to time, but aside from maybe some of the super early episodes where they were still figuring the show out, I don't know that they have ever even done a guest host situation.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

this is rad thank you

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

where's this darn report

Space dog ate it, and there was a death in the galactic family.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Isn't it due 180 days after the CORVID relief bill enactment date (12/21/20)? That would put it at 6/19. Government never attempts the extra credit points so I don't think it'll come out for another couple weeks.