Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is...is the cat a fascist?

no, but the author insert does convince an underage girl to travel across time lines to marry him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

marshmallow creep posted:

no, but the author insert does convince an underage girl to travel across time lines to marry him.

This. Door Into Summer is Heinlein being a sex weird rather than a political weird.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
It feels very Count of Monte Cristo more than anything, but there's a load of his politics stuff in there too, the basic backdrop of the story is weirder than you remember.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The novel "worried and bothered" John W. Campbell, who said "Bob can write a better story, with one hand tied behind him, than most people in the field can do with both hands. But Jesus, I wish that son of a gun would take that other hand out of his pocket."[3]

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cythereal posted:

This. Door Into Summer is Heinlein being a sex weird rather than a political weird.

Basically the two categories any Heinlein fits into.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is one of those cases that timecops handle but the Van Damme movie does not cover.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The MSJ posted:

This is one of those cases that timecops handle but the Van Damme movie does not cover.

Timecop SVU is a hell of a pitch for a sequel.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Vince MechMahon posted:

Check out the novel Gone World. Very dark but basically a time traveling apocalyptic CSI.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dillbag posted:

Check out the novel Gone World. Very dark but basically a time traveling apocalyptic CSI.

It is supposed to eventually be turned into a movie by Neill Blomkamp but its probably going to be a while.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Vince MechMahon posted:

God drat now I'm imagining sex tourism through time. "It wasn't a crime in 1384 Florence, so it's okay!"

Someone goes back in time and introduces novel diseases centuries before they existed, altering the course of human history.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

It is supposed to eventually be turned into a movie by Neill Blomkamp but its probably going to be a while.

Yeah he's been working on it for a while but having issues getting the plot down to a single film, it's super dense. IMHO it would work better as a high budget 6-8 episode streaming series.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

I might be the first person in the world to ever be annoyed by the fact that there is no movie called Heptagon

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Predestination was probably the best Heinlen adaptation

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
There is a noose hanging from that bird's cloaca

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Basically the two categories any Heinlein fits into.

There's a quote from one of his contemporaries: "It's such a shame. Rob can write a better story in an afternoon with one hand than most people can write with all their lives and both hands. Shame he can't keep his other hand out of his pants."

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Gripweed posted:

I might be the first person in the world to ever be annoyed by the fact that there is no movie called Heptagon

You missed one

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
A circle is either a dot or a line, depending on if it's filled in.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

feedmyleg posted:

There is a noose hanging from that bird's cloaca

This is merely a glimpse of a post-Jack Hanna society.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1397216821674184704

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

At least Pokey is using protection.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Gripweed posted:

A circle is either a dot or a line, depending on if it's filled in.

This post is a trap for mathematicians. I shan't fall for it.

Though I guess the first poster could have been

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I assume Stoltz plays the child murderer she wrote all those "my panties are so wet thinking about how you killed those children" letters to.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I watched this and was pretty impressed by how bad it is, it's centered around a Big Brother-esque reality show streamed on the Internet where the contestants are every single millennial/gen-z stereotype written by a gen-x dude who thinks he's smarter than he really is. Basically "wow! I hate people who use instagram and youtube!" the show.

The deaths aren't even fun! It's not even a house it's an underground bunker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is there even like horror murder stuff that's totally streamed on the dark web even though that poo poo doesn't happen?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wasn't the Unfriended sequel about that?

There was also that Halloween movie where Busta Rhymes kicked Michael Myers' rear end while shouting "TRICK OR TREAT MOTHERFUCKER," but I'm not sure that's really what you're after.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vagabundo posted:

There was also that Halloween movie where Busta Rhymes kicked Michael Myers' rear end while shouting "TRICK OR TREAT MOTHERFUCKER," but I'm not sure that's really what you're after.

Woof. That might be, and please understand that this is an incredibly high bar to clear, the worst Halloween sequel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

I assume Stoltz plays the child murderer she wrote all those "my panties are so wet thinking about how you killed those children" letters to.

He's probably the younger acolyte she openly cheated on her husband with while saying how rational it was that she was doing so. Of course then the acolyte dumped her for a younger woman and Rand didn't take it all that well.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Wasn't the Unfriended sequel about that?

Yeah and it loving sucked. Like the first one wasn't a Stone Cold classic or anything but it at least had some goofy ghost poo poo. The second was just a boring, stupid slog written by someone who has clearly never used the internet.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

Is there even like horror murder stuff that's totally streamed on the dark web even though that poo poo doesn't happen?

I wish they would do a movie about murders streamed on Youtube. It's a regularly scheduled thing, every Thursday night this one Youtube Channel streams a murder and takes suggestions from the chat about hot to do the murder. And Youtube can't do anything about it because of a loophole in their Terms of Service. They can't even put an age restriction on it. The show is so popular that they get automatically sent an ad deal from NordVPN and take them up on it before NordVPN can rescind the deal. It becomes a real big mess.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

He's probably the younger acolyte she openly cheated on her husband with while saying how rational it was that she was doing so. Of course then the acolyte dumped her for a younger woman and Rand didn't take it all that well.

She cursed his dick for 20 years like a fuckin Objectivism VVitch:

"If you have an ounce of morality left in you, an ounce of psychological health, you’ll be impotent for the next twenty years! And if you achieve any potency sooner, you’ll know it’s a sign of still worse moral degradation!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Gripweed posted:

I wish they would do a movie about murders streamed on Youtube. It's a regularly scheduled thing, every Thursday night this one Youtube Channel streams a murder and takes suggestions from the chat about hot to do the murder. And Youtube can't do anything about it because of a loophole in their Terms of Service. They can't even put an age restriction on it. The show is so popular that they get automatically sent an ad deal from NordVPN and take them up on it before NordVPN can rescind the deal. It becomes a real big mess.

more like they won't do anything cause the ads are making them a ton of money

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I've been trying to get into Let's Murders but all the screaming turned me off.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

davidspackage posted:

I've been trying to get into Let's Murders but all the screaming turned me off.

Try the MurderASMR , her videos are very calming, great for right before bed.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Always down for more Sparks content.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You can really see how many bucks it cost to make that costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You can complain about the budget if you want, it's all up there on the screen doe