Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Search for Chocobo's Paradise was more interesting than the main story imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want the last thing I see and hear before I die, to be Tidus laughing.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Stux posted:

thats not a new console

The Switch Pro wouldn't be either so what's your point

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Stux posted:

i have no idea what you mean. now to load up the extremely limited list of nes games from the 80s ive been allowed access to on my switch

Ahhhhhhhhhh goddamn Nintendo! Their virtual console poo poo is terrible except maybe for the Wii. From then on slow walking releases or not focusing entirely on the actual big name games people want and wow what do you know these old poo poo games sell like poo poo and they stop doing virtual console stuff.

Or other things, like their 3ds "3D Classics" Okay they're doing 3D versions of NES games but where are the Mario games? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_Classics#Nintendo_3D_Classics

Urban Champion? What the gently caress is this garbage?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Also Nintendo put your 3ds games on sale, you used to for your E3 and Black Friday but you didn't do it at all last year. I would buy some 3ds games but not at full price. I would probably spend a lot of money on digital 3ds games that i would never get around to playing, but you'd have my money Nintendo.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
imho if the owner of a game hasn't made it affordable and easy to play an old game pirate that poo poo immediately and without remorse

buy an external hdd or something and go wild hoarding games you'll never actually play

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Nintendo are explicitly responsible for Japan's laws banning video game rentals which is loving hilarious to me

In other news, https://store.steampowered.com/app/824000/Hokko_Life

Very explicit animal crossing knockoff except on PC and you can build custom furniture monstrosities? Apparently it's kinda buggy right now but worth wishlisting maybe

I believe you mean a blatant MySims knockoff, with the furniture building.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
It's been a pretty good birthday today. Went to Brighton for the first time since the world did a gently caress, bought a few books and some new headphones, got complimented on my new t-shirt twice, we ordered Chinese for dinner and now eating cake. Life good today.

wuggles posted:

this unironically. What’s the best two hours of FF9?

I don't know about 2 hours but the Not Alone scene is the best.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

The Switch Pro wouldn't be either so what's your point

the person i was replying to literally said "its time for a new nintendo console" lol. and they were quoting someone asking why people want botw 2 to be "switch pro" exclusive. i do not see how the ps4 pro is a relevant comparison to either of these statements given that it isnt a new console, and nothing was exclusive to it. even if you discount the first statement as including a mid gen refresh as new, a mid gen refresh where Breath Of The Wild Two is exlcusive to it and not available on the two base systems might as well be a new generation that nintendo is branding badly

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

making any games exclusive to the Super Switch would be a horrible idea but this is Nintendo we’re talking about

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

N64 games that required the Expansion Pak

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Labo now incompatible with Switch Pro models, gotta reup on your $50 hunks of cardboad.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
weapons will only break in botw2 on the old switch

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

xenoblade 3ds...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If there's a switch pro I hope it's not called the switch pro

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Switch Gamer Edition

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it'll be called the switch bro, you have to brofist the screen to turn it on and then it makes the pewdiepie noise

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

homeless snail posted:

it'll be called the switch bro, you have to brofist the screen to turn it on and then it makes the pewdiepie noise

Which Gamer word is the pewdiepie noise?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
No, it needs to have a name that like leaves it's status and computing power when compared to the Switch completely ambiguous

The Switch: Pikachu Edition

no no no no it's not the Pikachu Edition because of its yellow/black striped color scheme it's the extra computing power because Pikachu is an electric rat how are people confused about this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Roth posted:

Posted this in Discord

Template for those that wish to make their own:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Your childhood game hmmmm :grin:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

RBA Starblade posted:

Your childhood game hmmmm :grin:

Stux is 7. Haven't you read their posts?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
no stux is 70

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm sorry, I was referring to gamer years

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It'd be cool if Paper Mario was a new Smash Bros fighter

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dont know what I am in gamer years, but I have the mental intelligence of a 3 year old.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FirstAidKite posted:

It'd be cool if Paper Mario was a new Smash Bros fighter

I'm afraid they are not eligible, as they are not an anime swordsman

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

wuggles posted:

making any games exclusive to the Super Switch would be a horrible idea but this is Nintendo we’re talking about

i mean, there were a bunch of wii u exclusives at one point

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i mean, there were a bunch of wii u exclusives at one point

:dogout:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The Clockwork Mansion in Dishonored 2 is indeed quite spectacular.

It's a beautiful game all round.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

It's a very frustrating thing to be alone in a world, trying every day to make friends (real or virtual), and still not having any.

So prolly not

"Lol"

Hey, a few pages late from timezone differences but I'm sorry to read that you're struggling at the moment and I hope things get better for you.

What have you been playing recently? Anything interesting you'd recommend?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

The Clockwork Mansion in Dishonored 2 is indeed quite spectacular.

It's a beautiful game all round.

Deffo the Highpoint of level design in modern Immersive sims. Too bad the Menu design in Dishonored 2 is actively hostile to the player

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Too bad the Menu design in Dishonored 2 is actively hostile to the player

what do you mean? i don't think they're fantastic, but they're not a particularly important part of the game.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mode 7 posted:

Hey, a few pages late from timezone differences but I'm sorry to read that you're struggling at the moment and I hope things get better for you.

What have you been playing recently? Anything interesting you'd recommend?

I'm just sad nobody liked my Mikasa/Tsukasa pun. I worked on that post for literal seconds

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Nintendo are explicitly responsible for Japan's laws banning video game rentals which is loving hilarious to me

In other news, https://store.steampowered.com/app/824000/Hokko_Life

Very explicit animal crossing knockoff except on PC and you can build custom furniture monstrosities? Apparently it's kinda buggy right now but worth wishlisting maybe

This seems like something I've been asking for for a very long time, and something I'm already kind of not jazzed about for a pretty shallow reason. The animals in this look freaky, way too human of body proportions with a medium sized animal head on top makes everyone look like humans wearing mascot heads. Still, only person I'm aware of making a PC AC, seems like a tall order and I'll keep my eye on it. Anyone tried it yet?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

what do you mean? i don't think they're fantastic, but they're not a particularly important part of the game.

The way they move around all over the place drives me insane, It's one of those things that's small but drives me absolutely nuts.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

it's a weird flourish that's particularly annoying on text boxes, which yeah there's a lot of

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i liked the pun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I didn’t get it, and I’m a pretty sharp cookie