Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

stealie72 posted:

My Facebook feed yesterday was every business on there posting some memorial day poo poo. Its never occurred to me to worry about what Gino's Pizza's stance on memorial day is.

facebook is just an ad platform, you knew what you signed up for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Wendigee posted:

do foreigners think that members of the YMCA fitness clubs are all christian or has that ever even been a thought?

I mean, the YMCA isn't even Americana. Started out in London in the 19th century, still a thing over here. 'Muscular christianity' innit guv'nor.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I was listening to something on the radio that said less people in the U.S. today have a personal connection to the military, so it makes sense that this kind of thing would become more performative in nature.

AvesPKS fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 1, 2021

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

European smarm orgy

Hell of a username

FCKGW posted:

I should have gotten a picture of this but I forgot.

My lcoal Lowe's has 2 "parking for veterans only" parking spots out front of the store.

Today for Memorial Day they set up a "Tomb of the unknown soldier" display in one of the parking spots. Bunch of fake grass, Americana banners and a fire pit in the middle (which they sell in the garden center!).

At least the other spot was still free.

lol this is like setting a place for Elijah in the Cult of Americana and it's like galaxy brain tacky because of course it is

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

LifeSunDeath posted:

facebook is just an ad platform, you knew what you signed up for.

I know that. I just didn't know i was supposed to give a poo poo what Gino thinks about our troops. Just give me a pizza coupon code.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I use that veteran parking at Lowe's all the time. It's right by the exit and the 2nd spot away from the door next to the disabled parking spot.

I also get 10% off of every purchase. It came in handy when I ordered my doors for $2000. :clint:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I use that veteran parking at Lowe's all the time. It's right by the exit and the 2nd spot away from the door next to the disabled parking spot.

I also get 10% off of every purchase. It came in handy when I ordered my doors for $2000. :clint:

thank u 4 ur sacrifice.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
The most American thing about lowes is that you have to enroll in some sort of card club to get their veterans discount now

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
The UK and their children have their own version

https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch/status/1399778733331038209?s=19

A Bakers Cousin fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 1, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ty 4 ur space service Mister Chef.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
paying my respects at the "gutshot in no-man's land" installation in the local grocery store.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Butchers department going really all out with the entrails and hamburger meat

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Paladin posted:

I'd refer you to the documentary Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBA6Iw9eusE&t=35s

Holy poo poo. I just realized L.A. Noire has the exact same plot as Who Framed Roger Rabbit!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

driving my ghost F-350 into the ghost soldier parking spot and absolutely wrecking the display to go steal some plastic Adirondack chairs for my ghost family, the employees never expected to see so many chairs floating through the store they were scared as hell USA USA USA

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Chief McHeath posted:

driving my ghost F-350 into the ghost soldier parking spot and absolutely wrecking the display to go steal some plastic Adirondack chairs for my ghost family, the employees never expected to see so many chairs floating through the store they were scared as hell USA USA USA

Bullshit, you died of heart disease at 40 and you have stolen ghost valor.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i got stoned and went to buy a burrito yesterday and when I went into the little taquiera it was totally empty except sitting in the corner was Dr. Cornel West and there was nobody at the register and i had to stand around all stoned with Cornel West knowing that I knew who he was but I just wasn't saying anything because I was way too stoned and it was the most excruciating minute of my life

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Blue Moonlight posted:

Bullshit, you died of heart disease at 40 and you have stolen ghost valor.

jokes on u i died of heart disease at 420

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Chief McHeath posted:

jokes on u i died of heart disease at 420

Imma die of it at 69 hells yeah bruh!!

E: this is page 169 Nice!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Hey this one is near my hometown. There's a big sundial in a park in Pekin IL and for a long time they had a sign there that said "world's largest sundial"

they never actually checked because the actual largest one was built in the 1700s. they eventually changed the sign to say "world's greatest sundial"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this place is cool

sir please put down the weapon

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

mod please change my name to Open Face Hot Beef

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

why do all these dreadful midwestern food halls have to be so goddamn brightly lit, it makes it 10x more pathetic and weird.

omg this place in austin has the best one of those:

there's burger under there, and the hollandaise sauce they include is so next level.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The horseshoe is Midwest classic. It's open faced toast with ham or beef on it with fries and cheese sauce on top of that. It sucks

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

The horseshoe is Midwest classic. It's open faced toast with ham or beef on it with fries and cheese sauce on top of that. It sucks

Thank you for the explanation because I was straight up :bigwhat:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Aardvark! posted:

this place is cool

every Friday down at Pat's Irish Diner live music from the Rad Dad Band!

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Just want to raise awareness of the Garbage Plate, a Rochester specialty. At school we'd go for late night meals at Mark's Texas Hots from time to time.

* bed of fries and mac salad
* one or more beef berder patties on top
* chili
* onions
* some bread

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hatsune Mike posted:

Just want to raise awareness of the Garbage Plate, a Rochester specialty. At school we'd go for late night meals at Mark's Texas Hots from time to time.

hmm but have you considered the illinois specialty i just found

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
love blooms in canton illinois,

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

It is like a version made for those for whom the foods on the plate must never touch

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

Ooh, surf n' turf

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

suicide platter.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Is that a chopped steak? It's just a big hamburger

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

they did follow the rule:

if chili, raw onions
if no chili, sauteed onions

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Aardvark! posted:

love blooms in canton illinois,

Jesuschrist that eyebrow.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aardvark! posted:

this place is cool

Big converted former dentist office vibes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Jesuschrist that eyebrow.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wtf is this bigfoot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU