Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

I'm trying to remember a movie from the late 80s, early 90s. All I remember is a scene where there is a Japanese dude on a train fighting ninjas. There is a part where some ninjas throw throwing stars at the guy and he knocks them out of the air. After the action is done, feds come in to investigate. While they're all still on the train, a fed says to the Japanese guy that they need his sword as evidence. The Japanese guy doesn't want to, but then he's like fine. He drives the sword into the floor of the train, and then breaks it in half. The only other scene I remember is this guy going to a sword maker and being like I need a new sword to kill the main villain with. That's all I got.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunted_(1995_film) maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Ooooh, you might be right. Just checked and it's on Amazon Prime streaming. I'll have to watch it to be sure. Thanks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Could the hitman film be "Most Wanted"?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Could the hitman film be "Most Wanted"?

Sir Nose posted:

I've never seen Most Wanted
Nope

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

That reminds me of Kill Bill, but it's a woman requesting the sword.
Still a valuable hint, cause in that case that's probably wholesale lifted from whatever movie it really is.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Just watched The Hunted, and Pilchenstein was right. It is garbage so don't watch it. If you want to see the train scene that I remembered, you can find it on youtube.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

You should watch Friedkin’s The Hunted as a palette cleanser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeih_2WtK48

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I've seen that one a few times and I think it's pretty good, but it's kinda weird that we're supposed to accept that old man Tommy Lee Jones is a match for a young Benicio Del Toro.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tommy Lee Jones is about 40 years my senior and I'm pretty sure he could take me

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

Posting on behalf of a non-member, who is trying to track this one down. Here is all they remember: There are three young siblings living on their own after they are orphaned. They are developmentally stunted, and there is a scene where the oldest runs into other "normal" teenagers and doesn't know how to interact with them. The movie is definitely European, and most likely from a Scandinavian country and is between 20-30 years old.

I tried to find it but came up with next to nothing.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Hopefully this is an easy one.

A muppet and two humans are either entering or leaving a building. It might be a theater? I think the building was closed/abandoned or something, like they weren't really supposed to be there. The muppet is in the foreground, approaches a velvet rope, and unhooks it so he can pass through. Behind him are the two humans, who are talking to each other. The muppet is not part of the conversation.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Hopefully this is an easy one.

A muppet and two humans are either entering or leaving a building. It might be a theater? I think the building was closed/abandoned or something, like they weren't really supposed to be there. The muppet is in the foreground, approaches a velvet rope, and unhooks it so he can pass through. Behind him are the two humans, who are talking to each other. The muppet is not part of the conversation.

Just a hunch here but, “The Muppets” (2011)?

(I half-jest only because it’s been a while since I’ve seen it. The humans would be Amy Adams and Jason Segel and the Muppet would’ve been that boring as hell new character they really thought we’d love as much as the established Muppets.)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Wet Tie Affair posted:

Posting on behalf of a non-member, who is trying to track this one down. Here is all they remember: There are three young siblings living on their own after they are orphaned. They are developmentally stunted, and there is a scene where the oldest runs into other "normal" teenagers and doesn't know how to interact with them. The movie is definitely European, and most likely from a Scandinavian country and is between 20-30 years old.

I tried to find it but came up with next to nothing.

The first thing that came to mind was The Cement Garden, but it’s probably not this.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Rahonavis posted:

Just a hunch here but, “The Muppets” (2011)?

(I half-jest only because it’s been a while since I’ve seen it. The humans would be Amy Adams and Jason Segel and the Muppet would’ve been that boring as hell new character they really thought we’d love as much as the established Muppets.)

This is a reasonable guess; I think it's the last Muppet thing I've seen. I remember being impressed by the Muppet's motion as it grabbed the velvet rope and unhooked it...I'll have to check!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

WHY BONER NOW posted:

This is a reasonable guess; I think it's the last Muppet thing I've seen. I remember being impressed by the Muppet's motion as it grabbed the velvet rope and unhooked it...I'll have to check!

I’m pretty sure it’s this. It’s Mary, Gary and Walter visiting the abandoned Muppets studio. (My son likes the film, and rightly, so I’ve seen it a LOT).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

therattle posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s this. It’s Mary, Gary and Walter visiting the abandoned Muppets studio. (My son likes the film, and rightly, so I’ve seen it a LOT).

Oh my god, this. I haven't seen that particular movie all the way through, but if y'all had a question about Minecraft Story Mode, I feel like a goddamned encyclopedia at this point. :psyduck:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh my god, this. I haven't seen that particular movie all the way through, but if y'all had a question about Minecraft Story Mode, I feel like a goddamned encyclopedia at this point. :psyduck:

Oh, I can do this for a number of films! Luckily he has decent taste for a kid.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a thread for talking about the stuff your kid watches endlessly? Because I would post in that. I've definitely thought far more about certain pieces of media than the creators did just to make up my own head cannon and stay sane.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Akuma posted:

Is there a thread for talking about the stuff your kid watches endlessly? Because I would post in that. I've definitely thought far more about certain pieces of media than the creators did just to make up my own head cannon and stay sane.

I’ve thought about making a kids’/family film thread. I should.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

therattle posted:

I’ve thought about making a kids’/family film thread. I should.

Your custom title begs that you do so.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
For a friend:

A TV show or movie, where some killer or spy or soldier left their old life behind or had their memory erased. They build a new life as (gardener/chef/tailor/family man) but then they go into a coma or have their memories returned.

Their friends ask them if they are ok and they say, "I was having a dream, but it's over now." The friends say, "What was it about?" and they reply, "I dreamed I was a (gardener/chef/tailor/family man)."

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Long Kiss Goodnight?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

happyhippy posted:

For a friend:

A TV show or movie, where some killer or spy or soldier left their old life behind or had their memory erased. They build a new life as (gardener/chef/tailor/family man) but then they go into a coma or have their memories returned.

Their friends ask them if they are ok and they say, "I was having a dream, but it's over now." The friends say, "What was it about?" and they reply, "I dreamed I was a (gardener/chef/tailor/family man)."

There was a TV show with Christian Slater that only lasted a single season called My Own Worst Enemy, about a secret agent with an artificially induced cover personality, the microchip in his brain malfunctions and he switches personalities at random from then on. Doesn't really fir the description, but I only watched bits of it.

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

Torquemada posted:

The first thing that came to mind was The Cement Garden, but it’s probably not this.

I haven't gotten a response back yet, but after reading the plot summary this seems to match, minus the country part.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'm not sure if this one was a movie or tv show.

It was a cartoon that was mostly set around 2 people (I think) that were stuck inside a futuristic city like structure that was protected by a force field or barrier or something along those lines. After a while they discover that there is another person in the place with them (I think), and eventually they manage to bring down the barrier/field and escape.

I would have watched this in the late 80's on tv in Australia. I am pretty certain it was a movie, or at least longer than a typical cartoon would have been at the time.

Not much to go on I realise, but I would have been less than 10 when I watched it.

And another movie I've been trying to remember the name of. This one was an Asian style movie set in I think WW2, that had people doing karate and using guns. It may have involved wirefu type action but I'm not certain. I most likely would have watched this in the mid to late 90's. I might be misremembering but one scene I think involved the group attacking some place and they used like a wooden board almost like a trampoline to run and bounce high to flip over a gun emplacement or something like that.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Custard Undies posted:

I'm not sure if this one was a movie or tv show.

It was a cartoon that was mostly set around 2 people (I think) that were stuck inside a futuristic city like structure that was protected by a force field or barrier or something along those lines. After a while they discover that there is another person in the place with them (I think), and eventually they manage to bring down the barrier/field and escape.

I would have watched this in the late 80's on tv in Australia. I am pretty certain it was a movie, or at least longer than a typical cartoon would have been at the time.

Not much to go on I realise, but I would have been less than 10 when I watched it.

And another movie I've been trying to remember the name of. This one was an Asian style movie set in I think WW2, that had people doing karate and using guns. It may have involved wirefu type action but I'm not certain. I most likely would have watched this in the mid to late 90's. I might be misremembering but one scene I think involved the group attacking some place and they used like a wooden board almost like a trampoline to run and bounce high to flip over a gun emplacement or something like that.

I think the first one was The Body Electric

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220337/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Is the second one Windtalkers?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

happyhippy posted:

For a friend:

Slight Nowhere Man vibes from this

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That sounds exactly like what I was remembering.

Thanks so much.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ape Agitator posted:

Slight Nowhere Man vibes from this

Alas not this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

happyhippy posted:

For a friend:

This is likely not it, but there WAS that massively weird plot from Twin Peaks S3.

I didn't mind Dougie, but goddamn, I wanted more normal Coop. Could've done half and half.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Dougie is better on a rewatch. First time through you'll just so primed for Cooper's return that you can't fully appreciate Dougie. Just watched s3 with my gf (my second watch, her first) and she hated Cooper not being in it, I enjoyed it way more than I did the first time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Dougie is better on a rewatch. First time through you'll just so primed for Cooper's return that you can't fully appreciate Dougie. Just watched s3 with my gf (my second watch, her first) and she hated Cooper not being in it, I enjoyed it way more than I did the first time.

He's just such a wonderfully charming force of good in the first two seasons, and you genuinely don't get ANY of that until, what, two episodes from the end of S3?

Meanwhile, you've got idiot Coop and Absolute Bastard Coop, both of which pale in comparison.

Miss Michael Ontkeen, too. Ah well. Anyway, sorry for the detail.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Thanks for posting this, a nice bit of 1986 animation.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

I'm trying to find a trailer for the movie Glass (2019) that had Mr Glass in the pink room laughing and saying to Mr Dunn "She almost had you!". Throughout the trailer Mr Glass is laying out his plan to have The Beast and The Overseer battle on top of the Osaka tower. The trailer ends on a shot of The Beast carrying Mr Glass piggyback style as they leap towards the Osaka tower.
It's possible that this is a false memory, but this kind of misdirection is right up Shyalaman's tree, please help me figure it out.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
My guess after looking at a couple of trailers is that it's the Comic Con trailer. Likely available on YouTube but this is what I just watched and the scene of him tackling the main guy out of the window probably feeds into your carrying up a tower idea.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6pmh6a

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Ape Agitator posted:

My guess after looking at a couple of trailers is that it's the Comic Con trailer. Likely available on YouTube but this is what I just watched and the scene of him tackling the main guy out of the window probably feeds into your carrying up a tower idea.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6pmh6a

Thanks, a lot of the shots pretty much match what I remember, I think that must be the one.
I guess I just imagined Samuel I Jackson riding James McAvoy.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

LookieLoo posted:

I guess I just imagined Samuel I Jackson riding James McAvoy.
Whom'st among us etc :v:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Got this weird memory of seeing a movie scene on TV that disturbed me when I was young and made me turn it off. No idea how much of it I'm remembering accurately or what kind of memory degredation/merging has happened, so this is a real longshot.

I think the scene was a guy having sex with a woman and choking her to death.

Was probably broadcast late on British TV in the mid 2000s if I had to guess. I think it looked like an American 90s movie though. Feel like it was near the start of the movie.

I think the woman was black.
I think the scene took place at night, but was indoors possibly in an empty restaurant or something.
I think they were up against a wall near a fish tank or some glass. Like a gap between two things?
Not sure if it was consensual and turned into murder (but I took it that way and it made young me very uncomfortable!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I'm blanking on the specifics of the scene, but have a look at Heat when Waingro kills a woman midway through. I remember it was a motel room though so I doubt they'd have had a fishtank.