Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
K generally a likable episode, but that bow was seriously dumb.

I understand the meta reasons for it (merchandising and not wanting to arm children), but from a story standpoint, it made no sense.

When has the bad batch used a bow of that sort?

The reason Ezra used a sling, to begin with, is that what he had to work with before he met the crew and he was pretty good with it, plus he upgraded to a lightsaber within the season.

Same with Zeb. He gets the signature weapon because he was trained as an honor guard and for all his comic relief, he's really good with it.

but why wouldn't you give them a blaster instead of a weapon that she can barely draw?

Echo give her a blaster like the rest of them.

It was good enough for Luke to begin with, so its good enough for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bitching about the Bad Batch would probably be best-served in the TV thread

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Sorry wrong thread. :(

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bitchin' 'bout big boss Boba comes to us all eventually

Yes I'm going to run this joke into the ground, why do you ask

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

shades of eternity posted:

I understand the meta reasons for it (merchandising and not wanting to arm children), but from a story standpoint, it made no sense.

The reason Ezra used a sling, to begin with, is that what he had to work with before he met the crew and he was pretty good with it, plus he upgraded to a lightsaber within the season.

Same with Zeb. He gets the signature weapon because he was trained as an honor guard and for all his comic relief, he's really good with it.

but why wouldn't you give them a blaster instead of a weapon that she can barely draw?

Because she looted it herself in the previous episode.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

shades of eternity posted:

Because she chose that weapon for herself, and each member of the Bad Batch chooses how they want to fight and what their weapon is. They are a team of individuals.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Looks like Book of Boba wrapped up filming

https://twitter.com/mingna/status/1402290182779375618?s=21

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

What's with the million lazy holders? :confused:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Yet another piece of crew swag with Season 1 on it. I know it doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but drat it would be cool if they had just decided to make this an ongoing show instead of just a miniseries.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yet another piece of crew swag with Season 1 on it. I know it doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but drat it would be cool if they had just decided to make this an ongoing show instead of just a miniseries.

No reason they won’t if it’s popular enough. I think it only got 4 episodes cause of uncertainty due to Covid.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Doesn't the fact that it says "Season 1" more imply that there could be a "Season 2" than the opposite?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/1402319598016475142?s=20
What is going on with this dang show

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Time jump?

Webisodes?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Wow such a "scoop." Maybe a thing is happening or maybe it isn't, I don't know. Journalism at its finest

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I would love the Continuing Adventures of Boba and Fennec. Her character also showed up in a recent episode of Bad Batch and was great there, too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cage Kicker posted:

Wow such a "scoop." Maybe a thing is happening or maybe it isn't, I don't know. Journalism at its finest

Still, I'd take this guy's word on stuff over 90% of other people "reporting" stuff on Twitter about Star Wars. How many times has Kathleen Kennedy been fired this week? I've lost count.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spookydonut posted:

Time jump?

Webisodes?

Din Djarin: Holonet fashion blogger

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Maybe we’re getting a “made for tv” movie in between seasons.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

maybe it's a crossover episode where everybody comes in for one big party!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Cage Kicker posted:

Unless I'm missing something that doesn't come off as the guy reporting a scoop. If anything, the wording implies he knows there's gently caress all, but just wants to clarify how little gently caress all is.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yes but what does Doomcock think?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Yes but what does Doomcock think?

He's too busy going scorched earth on all his Fandom Menace ex-buddies because they've all finally realized his Nazi rear end has been telling the same lies since 2016 and has never been right once. You hate to see it.

Anyways, I was thinking and given the general implied trajectory of Din's arc post-Baby Yoda and all the chicanery with Season 3 that everyone in the press is under embargo from talking about by Disney, it would not surprise me in the slightest if the show took a page from Falcon and the Winter Soldier and just up and changed its title at some point during or at the end of Season 3, going from The Mandalorian to The Mandalore.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Started rewatching The Mandalorian this weekend, since it had been a while. Want a whole miniseries about the Jawa Sand Crawler and their quest for another taste of The Egg.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the end of season 2 was more or less an ok ending for the whole show.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

euphronius posted:

the end of season 2 was more or less an ok ending for the whole show.

Actually agree. The whole show was Mando trying to find a way to drop off BaeYo at daycare and that’s been resolved satisfyingly. I don’t really see what else can (or needs to) be done without completely retooling the premise or throwing in a time skip.

But the Star Wars thread is subtitled “new trilogies until you’re dust” for a reason.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah the show had two really awesome seasons and if S3 is bad I’ll just memory hole it completely and Luuke will be the finale

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hazo posted:

Actually agree. The whole show was Mando trying to find a way to drop off BaeYo at daycare and that’s been resolved satisfyingly. I don’t really see what else can (or needs to) be done without completely retooling the premise or throwing in a time skip.

But the Star Wars thread is subtitled “new trilogies until you’re dust” for a reason.

Season 3 at this point kind of HAS to be "Who gets to be the Mandalore now?" because Dave Filoni couldn't leave well enough alone and had to drag Bo-Katan and the Darksaber into his episodic Samurai Jack, But In Space show.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
The Luke at the end of Mandolorian is real Luke. The Luke in the OT is bigger Luke

Proof:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

He's too busy going scorched earth on all his Fandom Menace ex-buddies because they've all finally realized his Nazi rear end has been telling the same lies since 2016 and has never been right once. You hate to see it.

It is hard to overstate how happy that makes me.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Season 3 at this point kind of HAS to be "Who gets to be the Mandalore now?" because Dave Filoni couldn't leave well enough alone and had to drag Bo-Katan and the Darksaber into his episodic Samurai Jack, But In Space show.

Well we don’t know where Sabine is and SOMEBODY needs to give Din’s armor a makeover. So there’s that subplot, too.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Gotta make Din new armor so they can sell (me) new toys.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I so wanted Dinn to wake up one day to find Grogu had painted all over his armour.

Just to see him go into a deadly situation with drawings of little happy frogs and cheerful vaporised Jawas all over him.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I so wanted Dinn to wake up one day to find Grogu had painted all over his armour.

Just to see him go into a deadly situation with drawings of little happy frogs and cheerful vaporised Jawas all over him.

:unsmith:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Idea: Forget Gina Carano. Bring in an ex-Rebel commando played by Kali Reis.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Hazo posted:

Also agree, but "BaeYo" is what my 2-year old daughter calls Baby Yoda and it's adorable.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Doronin posted:

Also agree, but "BaeYo" is what my 2-year old daughter calls Baby Yoda and it's adorable.

This isn't how I wanted you to find out I had an account

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i mean baby yoda's like 60 years old. whats he still doin eatin this baby's legs for?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ladys eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s hilarious that the Mandalorian has made it canon that Yoda’s species retain knowledge at an incredibly slow rate so even though they live for hundreds of years, they’re still dumb as poo poo.