Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I just asked all of my 6,4,4 year olds to give me a “123, look at me, thumbs up.” they all in coordination gave me a thumbs down, and burst out laughing.

I am slain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

devmd01 posted:

I just asked all of my 6,4,4 year olds

this strikes me like some kind of chemical notation like hydrometacrylate 6,4,4 tetrahydroziline

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
well depending on how you arrange those numbers for any given new element it could be a volatile reaction sometimes depending on the concentration so yes that is a fair assessment

strongoldersisterwithtwinbrothersium

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/slava_pestov/status/1397610019131215876?s=21

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
My son fuckin smacked his head real good at the playground today and had to get the glue on his cut. 3 1/2 hours in the waiting room with a two year old. he was good about it though right up until they cleaned/fixed it.

That was miserable and I feel like poo poo.

While I was in the waiting room though I tried to make conversation with three guys sitting next to me by asking 'em what they were in [emergency] for. Turns out it was a crim and two cops lmao

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
how much sand is too much sand
to eat

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
difficult question. how granular is the data?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

suffix posted:

to eat

according to my son, no amount is too much

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

suffix posted:

to eat

thank you for coming to my slam poetry recital *snaps*

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Apparently my memory mixed up the sawdust in this video with sand so it's not really relevant. But it's still entertaining so here ya go.
https://youtu.be/AKDal51f5LU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

shoeberto posted:

Apparently my memory mixed up the sawdust in this video with sand so it's not really relevant. But it's still entertaining so here ya go.
https://youtu.be/AKDal51f5LU

wow i havent seen levels of monkey cheese humor like these since the aughts

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
had great success today with the bicycle riding. the first day of practice was pretty stressful as my son couldn’t comfortably walk his bike around, even with the pedals off (he’s right at the bottom end of the size range for a 20” bike) so we ended up doing the whole me holding on while he pedaled thing, which i could tell wasn’t productive. yesterday though i took a much more chill approach and just let him get the bike out and kind of play around with it—no structured effort to make progress. went well and he put the bike away after goofing around for a little while.

today he got it out again and I suggested he hop on and push on the pedal once, just to see what it feels like to have that motion move him forward. he did that once and something immediately clicked—he wanted to get both feet up but going back and forth in our driveway was just too cramped for him. we loaded up the bike and went to a nearby vacant church parking lot. I pointed him down a very gentle slope and he just took off! first try and he’s happily pedaling around the place. it was awesome. i let him practice for a half hour or so and we loaded up and came home. absolutely outstanding. no crashes (yet) and he had a blast. it was all very positive and low stress. it’s like the planets aligned today or something

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

also, my 19 month old was playing with these mario kart RC cars we have but instead of mario and luigi the drivers are apparently named “daddy” and “guy”???

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Aww, congrats on getting your dude to bike. That's awesome!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

President Beep posted:

also, my 19 month old was playing with these mario kart RC cars we have but instead of mario and luigi the drivers are apparently named “daddy” and “guy”???

do you have a moustache
do you have a boyfriend

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

President Beep posted:

had great success today with the bicycle riding. the first day of practice was pretty stressful as my son couldn’t comfortably walk his bike around, even with the pedals off (he’s right at the bottom end of the size range for a 20” bike) so we ended up doing the whole me holding on while he pedaled thing, which i could tell wasn’t productive. yesterday though i took a much more chill approach and just let him get the bike out and kind of play around with it—no structured effort to make progress. went well and he put the bike away after goofing around for a little while.

today he got it out again and I suggested he hop on and push on the pedal once, just to see what it feels like to have that motion move him forward. he did that once and something immediately clicked—he wanted to get both feet up but going back and forth in our driveway was just too cramped for him. we loaded up the bike and went to a nearby vacant church parking lot. I pointed him down a very gentle slope and he just took off! first try and he’s happily pedaling around the place. it was awesome. i let him practice for a half hour or so and we loaded up and came home. absolutely outstanding. no crashes (yet) and he had a blast. it was all very positive and low stress. it’s like the planets aligned today or something

any tips on teahcing my 26 year old brother to ride a bike? i've tried before but he's very ornery

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bobbilljim posted:

any tips on teahcing my 26 year old brother to ride a bike? i've tried before but he's very ornery

do exactly what i did. don’t force it—you’ll just spook him.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

President Beep posted:

do exactly what i did. don’t force it—you’ll just spook him.

:hmmyes:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I’m a dad now

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

kitten emergency posted:

I’m a dad now

Congratz! Welcome to the [awesome/terrible] club!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

kitten emergency posted:

I’m a dad now
condadulations

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

MrQueasy posted:

Congratz! Welcome to the [awesome/terrible] club!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

there's no joining fee but the monthly fee is punishing

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

there's no joining fee but the monthly fee is punishing

Admission fee is really more of a deposit.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

shoeberto posted:

:hmmyes:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

shoeberto posted:

spermjacked again

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

my kid is starting their life like all good red-blooded Americans, with massive hospital bills for NICU stays :911:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

kitten emergency posted:

I’m a dad now

:unsmith:

:rip: sleeping tho.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

today this guy is “daddy”

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wow beep I always imagined you clean shaven

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Our OB just called with the blood screening results, it's a boy :parrot:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

kitten emergency posted:

I’m a dad now

please make sure you have the shorts and new balance sneakers asap. There's a 3 months grace period but you dont want to cut it too close.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

lament.cfg posted:

Our OB just called with the blood screening results, it's a boy :parrot:

Congrats!!!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

my kid is in the NICU and I gotta say it really sucks!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

kitten emergency posted:

oh man, I’m sorry. hope everything is gonna be okay for you. our youngest spent a few weeks in the nicu too. my wife was a nicu bedside nurse for eight years or so and teaches at the hospital now, so she was familiar with everything. hit me up here or over pm if you need to talk.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
my second one was in the nicu for a week and it sucked rear end, but she's been healthy as heck ever since.

the day we took her home from there was probably the happiest of my life to date, so look forward to that. :)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

kitten emergency posted:

just like jaundice or something really bad?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

rotor posted:

just like jaundice or something really bad?

they had to intubate once they took her out, her airways hadn’t fully opened up yet. they came back today saying some of her screening tests for weird genomic stuff were indicating some thyroid issues, so they ran more tests and we’re waiting on results. idk other than the breathing she seems fine to me but I’m not a doctor.

worst thing is just not knowing

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

kitten emergency posted:

they had to intubate once they took her out, her airways hadn’t fully opened up yet. they came back today saying some of her screening tests for weird genomic stuff were indicating some thyroid issues, so they ran more tests and we’re waiting on results. idk other than the breathing she seems fine to me but I’m not a doctor.

worst thing is just not knowing

oof thats tough

hows the wife doing? this is hard on dads but its worse on moms cause they're comin down off all kindsa crazy hormones and drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

rotor posted:

oof thats tough

hows the wife doing? this is hard on dads but its worse on moms cause they're comin down off all kindsa crazy hormones and drugs

only a couple of breakdowns today, you know how it goes.