Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bouillon Rube posted:

I don’t eat pork :(

Oh? And WHO'S big idea was this, hmmm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i think beef ribs are just really expensive now compared to the past and with ribs you're mostly paying for bones. so i think they just don't want to bother with it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MrYenko posted:

…But then there’s the lobster. Spiny lobster beats Maine lobster all day, every day.

Hahahaha

Well I have a new entry for "worst opinion ever"

Sorry, Hitler, you move down to second place

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Bloop posted:

Hahahaha

This is the hill I choose to die on. :colbert:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

MrYenko posted:

The only crabs that are really worth eating down here are Stone crabs. We do have blue crab, but being warm-water crab it’s probably not going to satisfy a northerner’s taste for blue crab. I can take it or leave it, personally.

Yeah thats true. It was just interesting to see such an abundance of crab untouched. This was at St Augustine a few years back, maybe its different further South on the coast.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

bellows lugosi posted:

locals from california :hmmyes:

e: americana.txt is arguing over colloquial names for highways

Listen here bub, my mom's side of the family came to oregon on the wagons and has been here ever since, and my dads is mexican, dont you call me californian

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What sort of "local delicacies" can you find only in Florida north of Orlando?

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/dining/in-jacksonville-camel-rider-sandwiches-are-ubiquitous.html

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

So "ubiquitous" that I've lived here for 15 years and never even heard of them!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Rider, huh. I’m pretty sure it had another name.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Big Beef City posted:

I've got bad news if you think those are specific to your neck of the woods

I was talking about foods from Philadelphia, not ones you can only get in Philadelphia. You can get a real cheesesteak in London. Stromboli is available in a lot of places, though it's a Philadelphia thing. Irish potatoes are actually really hard to get anywhere outside of the Delaware Valley/South Jersey.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 6, 2021

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

As a Maryland native, Floridas abundance of crabs that they either wouldnt catch, or when caught were directly boiled rather than steamed seemed really odd to me.

Never thought I'd hear Floridians accused of not catching crabs.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Bloop posted:

Hahahaha

It must suck to be so fuckin wrong

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Stromboli is available in a lot of places, though it's a Philadelphia thing.

Essington isn't Philadelphia.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Essington isn't Philadelphia.

Maybe Essington being Philadelphia is a Philly thing. You ever think of that, smart guy?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Philly burbs aren't Philly only for people from Philly, yet somehow northeast philly belongs lmao.

Not talking about Essington in particular or at all, but just want to poo poo on people who eat Steve's Prince of Steaks.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 6, 2021

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Not talking about Essington in particular or at all, but just want to poo poo on people who eat Steve's Prince of Steaks.

https://twitter.com/JizzJohnsonJr/status/1400546932058099714

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

lol bruh this is what you used for sandwich bread at school sometimes because normal bread doesn't keep long. I call this a poor man's sandwich in the midwest, not some stupid florida specialty lol

its ham and cheese in a loving pita pocket. its not haute cuisine limited to florida nor a reason to live there

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Wendigee posted:

lol bruh this is what you used for sandwich bread at school sometimes because normal bread doesn't keep long. I call this a poor man's sandwich in the midwest, not some stupid florida specialty lol

its ham and cheese in a loving pita pocket. its not haute cuisine limited to florida nor a reason to live there
I see your mistake is thinking Florida's specialty is they figured out they can have a ham and cheese in a pita when what they really brought to the table was calling it a "camel rider."

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Florida broke your brains so badly that Florida people think giving a racist name to a sandwich then posting it over and over on a board where you can't even say the r word, is culture.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

looks so appetizing, would be perfect with a nice tall glass of milk

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Scrapple, pork roll, Nigerian hoagies, Philly style pretzels, peanut chews, Irish potatoes, corned beef specials, roast pork sandwiches, cheesesteaks, texas tommy dogs, stromboli, Florida style inside outs, and much much more.

Anyone else die inside when some guy who does 60 in the left lane of 295 told someone from Trenton that pork roll is a Philly thing?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FatCow posted:

Anyone else die inside when some guy who does 60 in the left lane of 295 told someone from Trenton that pork roll is a Philly thing?

60 is generous.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

FogHelmut posted:

60 is generous.

69 is sharing

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

FatCow posted:

Flensing is justified

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

FatCow posted:

Trenton makes, the world takes

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

As a sandwich anarchist the philly cheese orb is extremely my jam.

Ahem

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
coincidentally i started looking up phillys in other parts of america

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I could feel my bowels already clenching just looking at those pics.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
No fart is safe.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
gently caress me up phillyfam.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I can't find it but for some reason this reminded me of that old thread that went gold where Burger King had a build your own burger thing and the best one in the thread was "mustard stain." Just a little pile of mustard on the wrapper. It was hilarious.

Also, I'd eat the gently caress out of a philly cheesesteak bowl.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

halokiller posted:

I could feel my bowels already clenching just looking at those pics.

I just had a rancid, bowel-loosening fart out of sheer reflex looking at those.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I can't find it but for some reason this reminded me of that old thread that went gold where Burger King had a build your own burger thing and the best one in the thread was "mustard stain." Just a little pile of mustard on the wrapper. It was hilarious.

one of the first replies in the thread, iirc. the comment was "here's your mustard stain! :bravo:"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
love a place that shows the passion of the restauranteurs

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this place is called the "Honker Pit"

yeah no i dont know wtf is going on here

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Aardvark! posted:

love a place that shows the passion of the restauranteurs

Yes i'll have the "Chicken Fri Hers"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

Burnt rear end toast and bacon that can cause lacerations

Terrible

Aardvark! posted:

BOTH colors of American Cheese!!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's bacon?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Aardvark! posted:

This single place might be the only thing supporting that poor town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Aardvark! posted: