Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Pook Good Mook posted:

Worst part of this is while everyone is clowning on Fed Soc dipshits, they are quietly being put on every court of consequence in the country.

We need to step up the bullying and really make them ashamed of their beliefs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Grip it and rip it posted:

We need to step up the bullying and really make them ashamed of their beliefs

Well obviously

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Hello all, please post your favorite divorce attorney ads.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Discendo Vox posted:

Hello all, please post your favorite divorce attorney ads.

You don't need to peruse ads, we'll just recommend Toona as everyone's favorite divorced attorney.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol a partner at Barnes and Thornberg signed the latest mike lindell complaint yesterday and he’s already been fired from the firm today

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

evilweasel posted:

lol a partner at Barnes and Thornberg signed the latest mike lindell complaint yesterday and he’s already been fired from the firm today

That thing is batshit beyond batshit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

evilweasel posted:

:lol: hope he got a lot of pillow money for that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: hope he got a lot of pillow money for that.

he was local counsel not even main counsel so noooooooope

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction
Speaking of prominent divorces, Oklahoma Attorney General just resigned because something scandalous is probably going to come out related to his ongoing divorce.

But that's not even the best part. Well known Tulsa nutjob PAUL TAY, who never passes on an opportunity for free publicity, sought to intervene in the case. His reasoning is that the State of Oklahoma doesn't have jurisdiction to grant this divorce, or any divorce, because it lies within the "United States Unassigned Lands" and that only the Feds can grant the divorce. He has appointed himself the "Assistant Solicitor General" of the "Provisional State of Sequoyah" and I've posted about his earlier letter to the Oklahoma AG in this thread.

Probably nothing will happen, since the divorce was granted on the same day Tay filed his motion. But Paul Tay might land himself in trouble because he is claiming to be an attorney (he's not). Not much trouble, probably.

You can read it here: https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=oklahoma&number=FD-2021-1692

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

NJ Deac posted:

Maybe this is :thejoke: but the answer to this question is absolutely, unequivocally, "Yes." Your immediate follow up needs to be figuring out which GPLv3-licensed library some idiot developer included in your new commercial software release and start doing damage control (and also probably review your company policies for vetting and using open source code - you have those, right?).

This is the software-licensing equivalent of an engineer randomly dropping into your office and asking you, "Just curious, do we have any potential liability if our product explodes and kills the operator? No reason." The fact that they are asking the question should be troubling.

Thank you for the info, the joke was that I was totally ignorant about what GPL v 3 was. After reading it, I'm not sure we need to worry about it, but I'm still investigating. I work for state government, so we aren't allowed to own IP or proprietary information anyways; no point in worrying about our IP rights. I will continue to research it while the guy who brought it to me tries to get it approved by the state agency in charge of IT.

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

Thank you for the info, the joke was that I was totally ignorant about what GPL v 3 was. After reading it, I'm not sure we need to worry about it, but I'm still investigating. I work for state government, so we aren't allowed to own IP or proprietary information anyways; no point in worrying about our IP rights. I will continue to research it while the guy who brought it to me tries to get it approved by the state agency in charge of IT.

Ah, ok. When you mentioned you were in-house, my mind went to corporate, where you have to be really careful with the GPL and similar licenses (look up the term "copyleft" if you feel like going down a rabbit hole).

We still approve the use of tools/code under more restrictive open source licenses like the GPL but we give the developer a very stern talking to beforehand about what is and isn't allowed first and document it thoroughly. If you don't have your own proprietary stuff to protect then your risk profile is probably lower, but you should still be careful. Lots of developers think "free open source" is essentially the same as public domain, but you're still signing up to certain obligations when you choose the open source option and you have to be respectful of those.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

blarzgh posted:

[ctrl+C], [ctrl+V], [send email], [time entry: 2.15 hrs, research and advise re: GPLv3-licensed software]

accurate except that's at least a 4.1

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

accurate except that's at least a 4.1

getting caught up on the thread, I see. Finally put down Genshin Impact?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

But Paul Tay might land himself in trouble because he is claiming to be an attorney (he's not). Not much trouble, probably.

practicing law without a license is a crime, so

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

blarzgh posted:

practicing law without a license is a crime, so

Well not in the provisional state of Sequoyah, duh

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

JohnCompany posted:

Well not in the provisional state of Sequoyah, duh

Free man above the bar!!!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

blarzgh posted:

getting caught up on the thread, I see. Finally put down Genshin Impact?

um excuse me I'm playing Honkai Impact now, Genshin's even more inscrutably autistic great-uncle

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

SlothBear posted:

Free man above the bar!!!

Saw a lady this morning claim she couldn't enter the courtroom unless the Queen was present (at least by video).

She was strongly urged to get some legal advice.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

um excuse me I'm playing Honkai Impact now, Genshin's even more inscrutably autistic great-uncle

LOL, you are such an enigma

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
in fairness I have to tell on myself bc I'm playing Nier Automata lately so my superiority on such things is dubious

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

blarzgh posted:

in fairness I have to tell on myself bc I'm playing Nier Automata lately so my superiority on such things is dubious

I finally uninstalled this thing a few weeks ago. Now I only play echo arena

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

blarzgh posted:

a man of refined tastes

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

a man of refined tastes

"It was free on Game Pass" is no excuse for my transgressions

(also, how do I get that skin)

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

blarzgh posted:

(also, how do I get that skin)

Moisturize and always use sun protection.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rank S in the gambler’s coliseum.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Rank S in the gambler’s coliseum.

Oh gently caress I'm nowhere close to that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

blarzgh posted:

Oh gently caress I'm nowhere close to that.

It’s something a bit easier to do with 9S because of the damage from hacking. The machines you fight are level 99 but you don’t need to be that high to beat them.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

blarzgh posted:

LOL, you are such an enigma

God this looks like the [slur redacted] thing imaginable

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
What the gently caress are you all talking about

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
-Mobile game (strike one)
-Anime (strike two)
-Chinese studio (strike three)
-Gacha game mechanics (bonus strikes four through nine, the entire lineup is retired)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I cannot defend the indefensible

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

It’s something a bit easier to do with 9S because of the damage from hacking. The machines you fight are level 99 but you don’t need to be that high to beat them.

I'm just over level 20 at the moment, and I do not know anything about the 9S hacking mechanic yet. I just unlocked transporting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

blarzgh posted:

I'm just over level 20 at the moment, and I do not know anything about the 9S hacking mechanic yet. I just unlocked transporting.

You're still waaaay early in the game. When you get about 1/3rd through the plot of the game, the first story ends and you'll go back the beginning of the game except from 9S's perspective. I won't share any further details and will just let you proceed with that. Make sure you save often - there are a bunch of endings to the game and when you trigger one - it's game over. You go back to your last save point.

The Gambler's Coliseum is in the flooded city. You'll get there before too long, but you won't complete rank S for a long time.

Also, FYI, if you're the type of person that cares about full completion on the first pass, make sure you do all sidequests before you move on through the main story of the game (except the three coliseums) because they will not be available after you advance the main story. You can come back and finish them after you complete the game, so don't feel bad if you missed a sidequest or two here and there.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have heard many of my progressive friends express deep concerns with the nature of upcoming elections in the wake of 1/6. Namely, if state legislatures throw out the midterm or general election results of their state and deny the voters their elected officials. On behalf of them, I ask if there are any federal, legal, or judicial safeguards against such an act?

Or, rather, could the president send in the National Guard if said legislatures act this way?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
what thread do you think you’re in right now

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

El_Elegante posted:

what thread do you think you’re in right now
The one Phil Moscowitz recommended I ask this question to?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
sounds like a hazing

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Grouchio posted:

I have heard many of my progressive friends express deep concerns with the nature of upcoming elections in the wake of 1/6. Namely, if state legislatures throw out the midterm or general election results of their state and deny the voters their elected officials. On behalf of them, I ask if there are any federal, legal, or judicial safeguards against such an act?

Or, rather, could the president send in the National Guard if said legislatures act this way?

I think this goes in the other wrong thread, this thread is for being wrong in a different way than this

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Grouchio posted:

Like other State's national guards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Grouchio posted:

you could sue, it could end up before the supreme court unless the lower courts make it pretty obvious that the law it settled one way or the other and so the supreme court doesn't hear it

if it resorts to the national guard then well my man its time to bring the band back together