Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Glad to see the new Ratchet and Clank is reviewing really well. I am still playing through the PS4 game, I want to finish that first, and then will get the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Baller Time posted:

The motherfucking LYNX, especially Crystal Mines II

Crystal Mines II was ridiculously good

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

:siren: WUGGLESQUEST JUNE UPDATE :siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3949810&perpage=40&pagenumber=221#post511144359

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13IEArcKturd2dCcN2MSRhIeneg6E8JUa-3AwqWcYeK4/edit?usp=sharing

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Am I best off playing Beyond: Two Souls for the first time in chronological story order or the original time-jumps everywhere cut?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats about what I expected, short run manufacturing is expensive, the other teenage engineering things are pretty expensive for what they are. and really you're paying for the games anyway, kinda curious what season 2 is going to cost

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cactus posted:

Am I best off playing Beyond: Two Souls for the first time in chronological story order or the original time-jumps everywhere cut?

You're best off not.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Baller Time posted:

The motherfucking LYNX, especially Crystal Mines II

I always forget the Lynx existed. I really wanted one as a kid too.

That reminds me, was there anything good for the Jaguar? I remember wanting one of those too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cactus posted:

Quantic Dream rendered Elliot Page's fully nude body without his knowledge or consent for no reason.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

One day they'll merge Beyond: Two Souls, Condemned: Criminal Origins, and Murdered: Soul Suspect into one Subtitled: Vague Noun trilogy.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

stev posted:

Quantic Dream rendered Elliot Page's fully nude body without his knowledge or consent for no reason.

I played Beyond Two Souls and didn't even know that cause it was so boring I never got that far I guess and just uninstalled.

I wanted to like it cause I loved Heavy Rain but Heavy Rain at least occasionally makes you laugh out loud at it's absurdity while Beyond just takes itself too seriously. It doesn't help that I played it after Stranger Things came out and it's basically the same plot so I just felt like I'd heard it all before.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Violen posted:

this owns a lot

like a lot

It's available here as a $15 digital copy if you'd like to see it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Holy poo poo. I just realized why the Hero in DQXI looks so familiar. It's the same character design from Eternal Ring on the PSX. I'm on mobile so pictures are hard, but take a look.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Cactus posted:

Time-jumps probably. The narrative doesn't flow super well in chronological order IMO because it wasn't written to... and the time-jumps do have a purpose in the narrative.

(and yeah also the game is problematic)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Walla posted:

That reminds me, was there anything good for the Jaguar? I remember wanting one of those too.

Uhhhh, Aliens vs Predator got its start there. Wolfenstein was higher res than the PC version. Hmm

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’d forgotten about Elliot page’s transition, it made me curious to check out his IMDb page and how that’s been updated, and I noticed that his older credits don’t have a “as Ellen Page” note like you sometimes see. (Like Laurence Fishburne getting a “as Larry Fishburne” for Apocalypse Now.) Would that have been considered deadnaming him, even if those older movies, afaik, did indeed credit him as “Ellen Page”?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

You're best off not.

I mean yeah, but I'm gonna.

Went with the original version it's ok I guess. Basically a movie/game with QTEs which was exactly what I was expecting it to be. I've seen worse actual TV shows.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 8, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Walla posted:

Tempest 2000 was good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Loaded up re8, first impression: dumb haircut

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Loaded up re8, first impression: dumb haircut

That baby is so loving ugly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it's a baby

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a mod that replaces the head with Chris Redfield.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And vice versa

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Violen posted:

this owns a lot

like a lot

FirstAidKite posted:

It's available here as a $15 digital copy if you'd like to see it.

I'm stupid and also I forgot to actually paste the link lol

https://usducktape.itch.io/cuticorium

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

congratulations to today's games chat song of the day "the disaster of passion"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZtepNkPzcM

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Baby Head for Chris Mod (Lore-Friendly)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Sakurazuka posted:

Tempest 2000 was good

oh shoot yeah this too

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

goblin week posted:

Bugs can get stronger through repeated exercise but only in the period of larval/nymphal growth

new business idea: an exercise bike program aimed at larvae

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kinda bug and kinda jacked

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

talkin bout bugjax

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Huh I did think I'd be excited for it, but the stuff Giantbomb is talking about doing sounds pretty good. It sucks it took half the old crew leaving, but this is the most excitement I've had about the site in years.

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

Gaius Marius posted:

Huh I did think I'd be excited for it, but the stuff Giantbomb is talking about doing sounds pretty good. It sucks it took half the old crew leaving, but this is the most excitement I've had about the site in years.

i really, really like jeff bakalar and danny o'dwyer, you can tell they both really care about the stuff they do. and jan is the funniest and most amicable dude theyve had in a while and kind of the only one on the old crew that bothered thinking up his own cute little shows any more. between them and jan i'd even be happy with the current roster without doing the guest stuff which is just a bonus going forward, but yea everyone seems to be in the place they want to be which is the most important thing for having a good time on the internet. pretty cool how this all ended up shaking out and im glad the old guys got a really successful patreon right off the bat even though nextlander is the dumbest name in the entire world

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTtd6bnhFs

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

yes?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1402217060793339914

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

yes, SE, people are horny for the rabbit boys, we're all aware of it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are they adding female versions of those lion guys?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yes, timeline unknown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Did a couple more missions in Ace Combat. That'll show Erusea to have radar dishes.