Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zil posted:

:tinfoil: I never said anything about Hillary?! What do you know?

Still waiting on orders from the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'm at the tourist trap gift shop. I'm at the lovely restaurant. I'm at the combination tourist trap gift shop lovely restaurant.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Got nothing on the Honker burger

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Now I want a bumper sticker that reads, "Honk if you're hungry"

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Now I want a bumper sticker that reads, "Honk if you're horngry"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"i won the bare knuckle bloodsport battle royale at the Honker Pit and all I got was this lousy bumper sticker."

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I want to believe that the menu item is literally the “Chicken or Shrimp Alfrado,” and when you order it, it is a mystery whether you get chicken, chicken alfrado, or shrimp alfrado. You also get to wonder if “alfrado” is a typo for “alfredo,” or a culinary creation all their own.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
American alfredo is canned yellow cheese so probably that, generic velveeta.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Zil posted:

Anyone getting strange vibes from the Honker Pit stuff? Like it's the cover for something nefarious?

nah, just people who heard about the profit margins for food service but have no idea how restaurants are run

'dish pit? pfft, thats just a waste of space, i can do my own dishes in 10 minutes easy!'

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Bonzo posted:

Now I want a bumper sticker that reads, "Honk if you're honkary"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

lmao

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

what the hey

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Empty Sandwich posted:

oh, good call. must be a general charity fund. that's marginally less bizarre

And I assume it's from Americus GA, which is a cesspit just large enough for a Walmart.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

And I assume it's from Americus GA, which is a cesspit just large enough for a Walmart.
It's a reference to that movie where Natalie Portman plays a homeless woman who squats in a Wal-Mart and gives birth there. The baby is named Americus.

dstyle
Jul 24, 2006
spotted from my hotel window on a road trip through Nevada:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vegetable pasta, cheddar cheese. America.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You one dumb mother fucker

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Wendigee posted:

You one dumb mother fucker

Thanks, I'm an american.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Thanks, I'm an american.

Are you trying to antagonize Americans in the thread Americans made to antagonize themselves lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Hello yes, I'm here to post in the Americana thread about how stupid Americans are? For evidence I'd like to present Mac and cheese. Thank you for the applause."

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Hello yes I would like one bowl of alfrado yellow, extra yeehaw plz

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Big Beef City posted:

"Hello yes, I'm here to post in the Americana thread about how stupid Americans are? For evidence I'd like to present Mac and cheese. Thank you for the applause."

LOL FAT DUMB AMERICA PEOPLE AMIRITE!?;?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Mac and cheese is just casserole without the protein.

Also looks like this:

And the Kraft poo poo is distinctly American.

But macaroni is its' own kind of pasta, so penne and cheese isn't mac and cheese. It's add your own protein alfredo.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Also looks like this:

But macaroni is its' own kind of pasta, so penne and cheese isn't mac and cheese. It's add your own protein alfredo.

Mac and cheese has protein, from the whey (in the cheese powder).

You can also get high content protein mac and cheese, I think Annies makes it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Alfredo is white canned cheese, dumbass

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Also looks like this:

You just triggered every Canadian reading this thread.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol canned WHITE cheese in America.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Mac and cheese has protein, from the whey (in the cheese powder).

You can also get high content protein mac and cheese, I think Annies makes it.

Yeah, I'm aware. Kraft also changed their ingredients years ago without telling anyone for months to include more protein, less food coloring, etc. But who eats Kraft dinner plain? Gotta throw something like tuna or chopped chicken in.

Good cheese here is expensive, I'm not paying $10 for a tiny block of the good european poo poo when cursed wisconsin yellow is $2. Pretty sure most american parmesan is still half wood pulp.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i always buy a 2lb brick of cabot seriously sharp cheddar on every grocery visit

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

But who eats Kraft dinner plain?

That's what ketchup is for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnWIICkBeE

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That cheese is clearly bagged, wrap it up.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
Canned white cheese in America owns, especially the cougar gold sort

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I appreciate canada for picking up the kraft dinner torch and running with it a different direction. I've not tried ketchup on mac and cheese, gonna try it next time I make a box.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

I just had some Kraft dinner for lunch the other day. When I was a teen, and into my 20's, I would often make a bootleg casserole by adding a can of tuna, but my ex-wife/ roommates put a stop to that because it smelled so terrible.
It tasted delicious!

Dodie oten oten day
Dodie oten day-o
Dodie oten oten day
Eating smelly tuna

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Kraft Dinner with hamburger and mushrooms is delectable. When I was in my late teens living on my own I used to eat nothing but KD with chopped up cheap hot dogs in it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A comfort food growing up was a simple casserole made from kraft mac, condensed cream of mushroom soup, with breadcrumbs on top.

I still make it every couple years and it hits the nostalgia button just right but people who try it always like it despite it sounding midwest 70s as hell.

You can also add a protein as well. This was usually tuna growing up and I've done it with ham and other things but just the no meat version is great too.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Also looks like this:

Even though we're currently in the states and she claims it's "not THAT true" and she's off at work right now, my Canadian wife is calling me asking me what's going on eh?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I just had some Kraft dinner for lunch the other day. When I was a teen, and into my 20's, I would often make a bootleg casserole by adding a can of tuna, but my ex-wife/ roommates put a stop to that because it smelled so terrible.
It tasted delicious!
This, but also add some frozen peas and some hot sauce.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It was made in america but released in the US and Canada simultaneously during the great depression. It's as american as lovely budweiser, even if the germans own it.

This thread has got me thinking about old small church cookbooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

stealie72 posted:

This, but also add some frozen peas and some hot sauce.

Put a can of drained tuna (in water, the stuff in oil doesn't drain and get's all weird in the pasta on this one, just trust me ok?) and brother you got yourself a meal goin'!