Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Once the aliens realize that a majority of the world's population know they exist they will gently caress off to another planet. We aren't good research subjects when we're aware of the researchers' presence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Google Butt posted:

whats ur gut tell u

Bezos. Don't want to ruin the party but It's Jeff bezos.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Horrorosaurus posted:

All I know is I'd have to ignore tons of info, fill in blanks with "aliens" and get my facts from shady conspiracy sites in order to get a working ufo story. It's just too much work and seems desperate.

Also that one guy with the goatee, I don't care what his position might have been but hes doing a bit. And he seems to be the highest ranking official guy to say anything out of this world out loud, and it just isn't working so I'd just be back in square one if I chose to believe him.

That's the main problem, There's just no one around who's talking about aliens whod also be credible.

You're ignoring tons of info by not reading the thread, go fill in those blanks

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Horrorosaurus posted:

They're just too vague still. I mean I'd have to take their word when it comes to speeds these objects travel heights and all. Which I could, but that would still leave me with the question "are they right?" or "can their equipment be 100% trusted?" even when I choose to believe there's not foul play in those recordings (which I do, to be clear).

To come up with something maybe it's Jeff bezos loving around. Maybe it's the Chinese? I don't know, but why would it be aliens? This would be a stupid, slow as gently caress way of making first contact and it would be a clumsy effort to observe and stay in hiding.

I like the idea but I need way more convincing.

Ok I'll stfu now.

so you think it's a ship though

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Horrorosaurus posted:

Bezos. Don't want to ruin the party but It's Jeff bezos.

drat Jeff's been flyin tictacs since the 50s? he really is otherworldly

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Google Butt posted:

drat Jeff's been flyin tictacs since the 50s? he really is otherworldly

Jeff's tictac is a family heirloom :ssh:

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Horrorosaurus posted:

They're just too vague still. I mean I'd have to take their word when it comes to speeds these objects travel heights and all. Which I could, but that would still leave me with the question "are they right?" or "can their equipment be 100% trusted?" even when I choose to believe there's not foul play in those recordings (which I do, to be clear).

To come up with something maybe it's Jeff bezos loving around. Maybe it's the Chinese? I don't know, but why would it be aliens? This would be a stupid, slow as gently caress way of making first contact and it would be a clumsy effort to observe and stay in hiding.

I like the idea but I need way more convincing.

Ok I'll stfu now.

no no. it’s important to remain critical. for sure it’s best to ere on the side of caution until they release more information. I’m baffled at the media push, myself, more than the actual events (extra dimensional beings would be pretty cool, but that’s just fun popcorn poo poo). so I’m left wondering what’s the intended goal of the messaging, which is all that matters in politics.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

where the gently caress is the new content, corbell? release some more lovely videos let's go

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

They might also clean up after themselves before they leave by wiping the planet of complex life. Especially since we are tainted with knowledge.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

It's not like we as humans save petri dishes from botched experiments, that poo poo is destroyed. Why would the aliens let us remain when we're already escaping the dish and now know it's possible to go airborne and visit other dishes?

We're a huge liability at this point.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Google Butt posted:

so you think it's a ship though

Not necessarily.. like I said too vague still. but ok, if I had to pick yes/no right this second I'd pick "yes". if I were to believe there is something actually moving in those, other than an insect or a lens flare, which currently I would be inclined to believe.

So sure, why not some sort of a drone or a ship but do I trust the readings on the meters etc would be a "not necessarily"

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Horrorosaurus posted:

Not necessarily.. like I said too vague still. but ok, if I had to pick yes/no right this second I'd pick "yes". if I were to believe there is something actually moving in those, other than an insect or a lens flare, which currently I would be inclined to believe.

So sure, why not some sort of a drone or a ship but do I trust the readings on the meters etc would be a "not necessarily"

Lens flare wouldn't explain how they are detected by multiple sensors from multiple angled though, and I don't think radar gets lens flares. An insect? Really? These pilots have thousands of hours of airtime

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Pooky posted:

It's not like we as humans save petri dishes from botched experiments, that poo poo is destroyed. Why would the aliens let us remain when we're already escaping the dish and now know it's possible to go airborne and visit other dishes?

We're a huge liability at this point.

maybe we do have weaponry to pwn them and they know but we don't.. yet

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Delta-Wye posted:

Jeff's tictac is a family heirloom :ssh:

Yes it's been established that jeff is a pod baby. His dad might have been cruising earlier on.

Popoto posted:

no no. it’s important to remain critical. for sure it’s best to ere on the side of caution until they release more information. I’m baffled at the media push, myself, more than the actual events (extra dimensional beings would be pretty cool, but that’s just fun popcorn poo poo). so I’m left wondering what’s the intended goal of the messaging, which is all that matters in politics.

Yeah. It's interesting and I'd love to know what the end game is.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
You could actually read the thread but tl; dr these observations are based on a lot more than individual "readings."

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Lens flare wouldn't explain how they are detected by multiple sensors from multiple angled though, and I don't think radar gets lens flares. An insect? Really? These pilots have thousands of hours of airtime

Sorry for my english, it failed me here. I meant to say I'd believe the movement to be further away rather than choose to go with the insect/lens flare angle.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Popoto posted:

Yeah this is more where I am, but worth growing conviction as more former presidents and mainstream news get in on it, and also testimony from a bunch of current and former pilots looking at the videos and going "yeah that's hosed up never seen that before"

Horrorosaurus posted:

Sorry for my english, it failed me here. I meant to say I'd believe the movement to be further away rather than choose to go with the insect/lens flare angle.

Ah ok

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Zisky posted:

You could actually read the thread but tl; dr these observations are based on a lot more than individual "readings."

I've read it and I don't see any hard facts anywhere that I would trust enough. If what can be read online sold the story I wouldn't be reading the thread I'd be reading the local newspaper as would hundreds of millions of other people around the world but that isn't the case.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Anyway this is way better than observing blurry videos of Donald Trump golfing so I hope there's more to come. But now its time for bed

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Horrorosaurus posted:

Zorg! bring me aiteee hoomans. Yes aaitee not fifteen or fiev you imbecile moron

Zorg you sporgtastic grubknobber, I asked for the remulizer, not the rezumiler! Wrong! Do! It! Again!

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hodgepodge posted:

possibly, but even math can potentially be approached in ways which might not be easily recognizable to us (iirc the story arrival was based on includes this detail)

If someone had a laser pointer and had a close encounter with one of these things could you flash prime numbers at it? Or would that not work if they didn't use a base 10 number syatem? I am dumb at math

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

if I've learned anything from movies its that the way to defeat alien invasions is always the stupidest thing possible. in signs it was holy water. in mars attacks it was country music. in attack the block it was rude teens etc

edit, in Independence Day it was a redneck crop duster. in battleship it was a battleship

A MIRACLE has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Jun 10, 2021

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

OK baizuo posted:

If someone had a laser pointer and had a close encounter with one of these things could you flash prime numbers at it? Or would that not work if they didn't use a base 10 number syatem? I am dumb at math

idk. who has the pilot perspective cell phone video of the flashing orb ufo from Mexico, it was definitely emitting a pattern I just never counted the flashes

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Google Butt posted:

maybe we do have weaponry to pwn them and they know but we don't.. yet
They did really start getting nosy once the nukes came along. A lot of people think the aliens might have detected the nuclear tests and started visiting. Maybe instead they were always around and we started getting regular check-ins once we became a lethal threat.

Most of the time we launch bits of metal at each other hoping to poke enough holes that the target stops functioning. Besides that we've found some substances that go from a solid to a gaseous state really fast and use it to smoosh things.
I could see the aliens laugh off bullets and conventional explosives. Nukes though, they do a lot of really weird stuff besides smoosh.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

OK baizuo posted:

the base used in a numbering system has nothing to do with whether an integer is prime or not

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pooky posted:

They did really start getting nosy once the nukes came along. A lot of people think the aliens might have detected the nuclear tests and started visiting. Maybe instead they were always around and we started getting regular check-ins once we became a lethal threat.

Most of the time we launch bits of metal at each other hoping to poke enough holes that the target stops functioning. Besides that we've found some substances that go from a solid to a gaseous state really fast and use it to smoosh things.
I could see the aliens laugh off bullets and conventional explosives. Nukes though, they do a lot of really weird stuff besides smoosh.

i like the nebulous idea that there are other fields making up reality than EM, but they are non-interactive so we don't know they are there other than noticing things like unaccounted for mass, etc.

that is, non-interactive until you blow up a big ol' bomb :getin:

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

idk. who has the pilot perspective cell phone video of the flashing orb ufo from Mexico, it was definitely emitting a pattern I just never counted the flashes

Bullfrog posted:

edit: this really is incredible vid, wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Ifj2DgBGg

Pooky posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arYzpxR_4go
1080p? Must be fake. Only 160p UAPs are real.
one of these?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rime posted:

>125 points 7 years ago, last edited 7 years ago

:stare:

July 8th is my birthday lol

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Rime posted:

>125 points 7 years ago, last edited 7 years ago

:stare:

Inspector Hound posted:

July 8th is my birthday lol

my wife and I are going on vacation from the 9th to the 18th, so it sounds like the aliens are likely to disrupt one of our flights either way

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

^^i think they give you a refund for that^^

Spergin Morlock posted:

I tried to watch Raised by Wolves and stopped with a few episodes left in the season. It kinda sucks lol.

/Robot floats around looking like its nailed to a cross, screaming REALLY loud at people and they explode

No it's loving weird and awesome and you have to finish it

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I don't think I've seen this one in here yet. Border Patrol footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s5RwqnnLM

Report posted:

On April 25, 2013, at about 9:20 pm local time, an unknown object at low altitude flew
directly across the Rafael Hernandez airport runway at Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, causing a
delayed departure of a commercial aircraft. There was no squawking transponder signal to
alert the aircraft tower, nor was there any communication with the tower to prevent a
dangerous situation with departing and arriving aircraft. Fortunately an airborne U.S.
Customs and Border Protection aircraft captured the object on infrared video. This report is
an analytical evaluation of that video as well as witness statements and radar data of the area.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Pooky posted:

one of these?

Linked the top to my dad, his response is hot air balloon pilots deep fake

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Pooky posted:

one of these?

the top one, yes thanks

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Delta-Wye posted:

i like the nebulous idea that there are other fields making up reality than EM, but they are non-interactive so we don't know they are there other than noticing things like unaccounted for mass, etc.

that is, non-interactive until you blow up a big ol' bomb :getin:

?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pooky posted:

What the gently caress are these things

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spergin Morlock posted:

the base used in a numbering system has nothing to do with whether an integer is prime or not

Still dumb at math: check

iirc the voyager probes used the vibrational frequency of hydrogen as a basis for the diagrams showing Earth's distance from various pulsars

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

What the gently caress are these things

https://www.uaptheory.com/#Dissecting_UAP_Footage

im going to have to watch this show finally

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Pooky posted:

Pretty neat looking bubble/warping around that one

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I think this is the first I've seen the size and velocity of a black triangle calculated by someone with a background that ostensibly would be able to do so, at least on NUFORC. I however do not have the background to check their napkin math, but maybe one of you fine folk do.

quote:

I must add to this report that I have an engineering background and a considerable experience in observing the sky (I was an amateurs junior astronomer while at the university).

Since then I have made a lot of suppositions and calculations: I have taken a time average of many repetitions of my movements again and I found time of observation=20 seconds.

Altitude (h): I had to guess - my first impression is (h > 3000 m) = 3 km . Reason: I am used to observe things closer than 3 km by just looking out from my window, boats, people at the beach, cars, planes - at smaller distances I see more details even at night.

Length (L): since the thing's longer side comprised approximately a 2º angle (2 full moon size), which equals 0.255 rd and then, L = 3000 x 0.255 = 76.5 m

By estimating angles I could also calculate the speed (s) of the "thing":

1. Supposing h = 3 km, then v = 954 km/h !

2. Supposing h = 6 km, then v = 1908 km/h !!! (In this case the length would be L = 6000 x 0.524 = 153 m !)

3. I don't want to suppose any higher because that would mean faster and bigger!

One thing that has begun to be abundantly clear to me digging through NUFORC reports over the past couple months is how pervasive and consistent black triangles sightings are across the world and over time. They're huge, they blot out the stars, and apparently theyre moving pretty fast for something as big as they appear to be without making noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

the top one, yes thanks

Just to be sure, you know the auto-focus is making it expand and shrink. That's not lens flare from flashing light.