Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is sleeping the best thing ever?
Yes
No
View Results

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I sleep like poo poo, maybe 5 hrs if I'm lucky and I wake up dozens of times it seems.

It has been better since I switched to buckwheat hull pillows and began taping my mouth shut. Wifey appreciates the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

How DARE you not have a Goku in the poll option :mad:

But yeah, sleeping is amazing. I'm high as gently caress right now and wish I was still asleep.

But sometimes sleeping sucks, like when you have super realistic nightmares. It's like being trapped in an action movie and you're the unfortunate extra that's about to get axed

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Katamari Democracy posted:

I wish I can sleep forever

Yeah, just gonna lie down in a nice grassy field under the warm sun forever, with a nice little breeze

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I talked to my new psychiatrist for the 2nd time a few days ago and he's putting me on trazadone. 50mg gave me the worst sleep hangover and I'm useless the next day but it's been a long time since I've had it so we're going to try again at 25mg. He said it should help me to stay asleep. If that doesn't work we go up on Prazosin, and if that doesn't work we'll get another sleep study to see if I have a REM disorder.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sleeping is great and I hate that I can't do it at night

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
To go to sleep, you've got to pretend to be asleep first. That's pretty loving weird.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I feel like I’m the only person who has the opposite problem and wants to (and usually can) sleep anywhere anytime. I used to use it as a way to hide when I had severe social anxiety and depression but the habit never went away.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yes because it's like a free trial of what it's like to be dead.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nuts and Gum posted:

I feel like I’m the only person who has the opposite problem and wants to (and usually can) sleep anywhere anytime. I used to use it as a way to hide when I had severe social anxiety and depression but the habit never went away.

I can sleep in a lot of places at almost the drop of a hat, just not in my bed at night

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I talked to my new psychiatrist for the 2nd time a few days ago and he's putting me on trazadone. 50mg gave me the worst sleep hangover and I'm useless the next day but it's been a long time since I've had it so we're going to try again at 25mg. He said it should help me to stay asleep. If that doesn't work we go up on Prazosin, and if that doesn't work we'll get another sleep study to see if I have a REM disorder.

It's funny, I've never known anyone for whom trazadone didn't turn them into a fuckin zombie the next day, myself included

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
trazadone is good but it will give you a sleep hangover. At this point I’m completely dependent upon it - if I miss a dose I can’t maintain a deep sleep and end up so exhausted the next day that I shake

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Kind of crazy how many people need caffeine to wake up and medicine to sleep. Society was a mistake.

I've been doing interviews with a company overseas and my sleep schedule is incredibly wrecked. I get tired and try to sleep, and then lie there for hours before giving up and getting up again. Then I'll manage to sleep after staying up late, but then wake up after only a few hours. I'm just tired all the time, it sucks.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

trazadone is good but it will give you a sleep hangover. At this point I’m completely dependent upon it - if I miss a dose I can’t maintain a deep sleep and end up so exhausted the next day that I shake

Did the hangover ever subside over time or is it just as bad as when you started?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shadow0 posted:

Kind of crazy how many people need caffeine to wake up and medicine to sleep. Society was a mistake.

This is depressing, yet true.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Did the hangover ever subside over time or is it just as bad as when you started?

seems to be roughly the same

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I woke with a dream I was sleeping in the same place that my grandfather died in.

If that's not some symbolic poo poo.

I just want to not feel tired.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Is the cure for a REM disorder listening to a bunch of REM? Cause if it is sign me up!!!!

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
It's really hosed up that when you're a little kid you hate sleeping, yet you can sleep as much as you want and people think it's great when you do so. Good drat 3-year-olds have it made, just take naps and eat everything put in front of you and everyone's happy.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Zolpidem Tartrate (ambien) is the only sleep medication I've ever appreciated / needed. I think because it works by actually 'hypnotizing' your brain into a sleep state, not making you tired like many of them do. The rest absolutely kill me the next day to the point that it doesn't even make sense to use them, including common over the counter stuff.

Katamari Democracy posted:

I wish I can sleep forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma-PoRLzNN8

Great song

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I use Zolpidem/ambien and it works really well for me too, it's a godsend

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the dog sure loves it

its funny when he gets his doggy dreams and his nose and lil paws start twitching

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pegging is the best thing ever, op.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Play posted:

Zolpidem Tartrate (ambien) is the only sleep medication I've ever appreciated / needed. I think because it works by actually 'hypnotizing' your brain into a sleep state, not making you tired like many of them do. The rest absolutely kill me the next day to the point that it doesn't even make sense to use them, including common over the counter stuff.

I was on Ambien for a while when I had bad insomnia. I didn't know how it worked so I'd take it and expect it to make me tired. It didn't work for quite a while until one time I took it while playing a computer game and "woke up" after like an hour or so of playing it having no memory of what just happened. I just remember my vision fading back in and and being like "wtf, where.. what... what's going on?"

Ambien doesn't help you stay asleep though. It has a short half life and is only used to get you to sleep initially.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Has anyone ever tried melatonin? I've tried it a few times and got really heavy sleeps but I wonder if that's not just psychosomatic.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I hate having to sleep and if I didn't have to I probably never would.

Thankfully short sleeping runs in my family, so I never have to spend too much time doing it. A full restful night of sleep for me is usually about 6 hours. Occasionally I'll find that I have slept 7 hours.

My mom requires less sleep than me. My grandma requires less sleep than her.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tarkus posted:

Has anyone ever tried melatonin? I've tried it a few times and got really heavy sleeps but I wonder if that's not just psychosomatic.

Yeah. I feel like you need to try different dose amounts to get good sleep. Getting the right amount for you is more important than just taking more.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah. I feel like you need to try different dose amounts to get good sleep. Getting the right amount for you is more important than just taking more.

If I'm having trouble sleeping I take a combo CBD/Melatonin gummy and usually pass out pretty fast.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Tarkus posted:

Very unregulated but it definitely does work, at least for some people. For me I get the same problem as most other things, it makes me feel like crap in the morning unless I budgeted like 10 hours to sleep

I was on Ambien for a while when I had bad insomnia. I didn't know how it worked so I'd take it and expect it to make me tired. It didn't work for quite a while until one time I took it while playing a computer game and "woke up" after like an hour or so of playing it having no memory of what just happened. I just remember my vision fading back in and and being like "wtf, where.. what... what's going on?"

Ambien doesn't help you stay asleep though. It has a short half life and is only used to get you to sleep initially.

Ehh, if you go to sleep right away there still should be a small effect up until an hour or two before you wake up, especially the extended release version. This is why they emphasize having at least 7-8 hours to sleep because if you wake up earlier you are probably still under the influence.

And yeah I used to read hundreds of pages in a book and hardly remember any of it occasionally, lol. Before I got more responsible.

My issue is that it's not about being tired necessarily but about getting my brain to calm down and not endlessly dwell on various things, putting itself in that sleep mode, which is why I like it so much.

I did actually get off of it eventually though, as my doctor convinced me to do that since I'd been taking it every day since I was like 15. Now I just sleep pretty crappily and deal with it. They've also cut the dosage in half from that first era, realizing that the original version was WAY too strong.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sleep is cool and stuff but i can't do poo poo when i'm sleeping except have usually lovely dreams/nightmares so the lustre has really worn off. i usually just stay up way too late doing things i can't do when my kids are awake, have a few beers and just conk out for like 4-5 hours and then wake up and go to work and have a coffee

sleeping for like 12 hours on the weekend when my kids are at their mothers rules tho

verdict: voting NO

e: being able to lucid dream would be dope tho, i've always wanted to practice doing that

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 4, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I had a dream last night that I had a cool pet bear and was very disappointed when I woke up

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

woke up at 4 am last night with some killer indigestion and the night sweats and had trouble getting back to sleep :(

Play
Apr 25, 2006

My ancient doggo is sick again so he wakes me up (and my girlfriend) about 8 times per night to go squeeze out a tiny soft poo poo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

e: being able to lucid dream would be dope tho, i've always wanted to practice doing that

I'm not a fan of lucid dreaming because when I can do that it means I'm deep in a super realistic dream and I hate those.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sleeping is cool.
Sleeping in is better.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sleeping is cool.
Sleeping in is better.

It is Saturday morning and my eyes began opening at 5:30am.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just talked to my mental health nurse today to report how the trazadone was going which she reported to my psychiatrist. I told her it wasn't bad. I'm a bit sleepy the next morning but I can still wake up with an alarm. I reported that if I'm asleep, I'm dreaming, non-stop. And still waking up 20 times a night.

I got a phone call a few minutes later from the sleep clinic to schedule a new study on the 24th. I think my psychiatrist wants to see if I have a REM disorder. I didn't know those were a thing.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I just talked to my mental health nurse today to report how the trazadone was going which she reported to my psychiatrist. I told her it wasn't bad. I'm a bit sleepy the next morning but I can still wake up with an alarm. I reported that if I'm asleep, I'm dreaming, non-stop. And still waking up 20 times a night.

I got a phone call a few minutes later from the sleep clinic to schedule a new study on the 24th. I think my psychiatrist wants to see if I have a REM disorder. I didn't know those were a thing.

:eyepop: what the hell is that? also i probably have it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys ever fart and wake yourself up? It’s like you gotta just keep the sheets tight and not move around until morning. It’s warmth, you know it’s warmth, but at a price. :gas:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I moved into my own place this week and bought myself a down comforter + duvet + mattress. Comforter and cover arrived today and bed here tomorrow. Will trip report back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Where my "it is physically impossible for me to fall asleep laying on my back even if I lay there for hours" bros at?

Sleeping owns but I have some problems... stomach acid/acid reflux, grind my teeth so I gotta wear a bite guard, etc. Other than that it owns and I am going to sleep with 2 of my dogs cuddling up to me tonight I hope. One likes to stand on me :v