Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

drat that actually looks pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It really captures that feeling of "this is how good and rad the show is in my memories"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Anyone else jump when "Hero" played?

Also, 40 years? My He-Man show ended in 2004. Dang Boomers.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That does look nice. I like Skeleton summoning a giant fist to punch He Man like he's Bayonetta.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I definitely hear a bit of Joker in Hamill’s Skeletor voice as expected, not sure why they used Holding Out For A Hero as the trailer music but it works pretty well.

It looks nice at the very least though I’m still curious how they’re going to make this accessible to new viewers since this is apparently a direct sequel to the 80’s show

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum
I mean how much time is it really going to take for them to cover all the major plot points of the original show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

I genuinely wonder if the people working on flicks like Space Jam know that they're trash. Like, they probably see only their parts so it's hard to judge, I imagine, but imagine doing CGI to blend in the gang from a clockwerk orange into a crowdshot so they don't clash with the jetsons and the flintstones, are still easily recognizable, and still don't overshadow the looney tunes in that shot.

I imagine a lot do. I've read interviews with some effects people and they're like hey a paycheck is a paycheck and they're proud of the work they personally did like "this movie might suck but man I nailed that crowd shot".

Larryb posted:

not sure why they used Holding Out For A Hero as the trailer music

Uh, because it rules?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oh I’m not denying that, I just didn’t expect it is all.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

loving :getin:!

That was way more hype than I was expecting.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do we know anything about the other He-Man show that’s coming out yet (the one that’s more of a straight reboot like the Netflix She Ra was)? I know a few toys from it were revealed recently but that’s about it so far.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It'd unfortunate we will not get the gay himbo He-Man I was expecting after Noelle's She-Ra.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Covok posted:

It'd unfortunate we will not get the gay himbo He-Man I was expecting after Noelle's She-Ra.

That was never going to happen. Cartoons did their bit by occasionally grudgingly accepting same sex attracted women and now injustice is over.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Covok posted:

Not gonna lie, I’d love to see a He-Man reboot done in the same style as the She Ra one (though who would Adam’s gay love interest be?)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gay Himbo He-Man just makes me think of Storkules from Ducktales.

Come back Storkules :smith:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I also appreciate from screenshots that they seem to be making an effort to actually make Adam and He-Man look more visually distinct from each other (which makes the whole secret identity thing a lot more believable as a result).

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Larryb posted:

Not gonna lie, I’d love to see a He-Man reboot done in the same style as the She Ra one (though who would Adam’s gay love interest be?)

Though this doesn't work so well when the reboots use smol Adam instead of full grown adult Adam

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, who’s that?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Larryb posted:

I forget, who’s that?
Keldor

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Isn’t he Adam’s uncle in most continuities?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 10, 2021

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The United States posted:

Though this doesn't work so well when the reboots use smol Adam instead of full grown adult Adam

Considering Skeletor/Keldor is Adam's uncle in most versions of MOTU that is wrong on so many levels

Larryb posted:

Well there's a couple options;

1) make one of the other Masters closer to Adam's age, probably one of the lesser ones like Clamp Champ

2) create an OC member of the Evil Warriors who can be young and pretty enough to be an Adam love interest as well as recreate the Adora/Catra chemistry(maybe give Evil-Lyn a bratty younger brother or something)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The Pirates of Dark Water needs a reboot. :colbert:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also apparently the other He-Man show will be CG and these guys will be handling it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Cool

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

The Pirates of Dark Water needs a reboot. :colbert:

Gargoyles first.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Covok posted:

Anyone else jump when "Hero" played?

Also, 40 years? My He-Man show ended in 2004. Dang Boomers.

40 years since the original? That can't be right cause He-man came out the year before I was bo... Oh dear God!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Gaz-L posted:

Gargoyles first.

Only if you can get the original VA cast. What're the TNG folks doing now-a-days?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Sexy Orko (I don't know poo poo about He-Man so if this is a particularly disgusting prospect... good)

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

TwoPair posted:

Sexy Orko (I don't know poo poo about He-Man so if this is a particularly disgusting prospect... good)

I noted in the She-Ra thread they actually had the little guy acting badass in this trailer, which is rather unexpected characterization. So maybe you're closer to the truth than you know!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Larryb posted:

Isn’t he Adam’s uncle in most continuities?

drrockso20 posted:

Considering Skeletor/Keldor is Adam's uncle in most versions of MOTU that is wrong on so many levels
Not in the 2002/2003 reboot. Of course said reboot has smol Adam just like this new one, so not good either....

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not in the 2002/2003 reboot. Of course said reboot has smol Adam just like this new one, so not good either....

What was Keldor’s backstory in that series then?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

He is though

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've started watching Scooby Doo Mystery Inc, which is pretty funny so far. The ending of the first episode has a kind of silly trope that keeps happening in mystery shows though, which is when villains jump the gun, like "You shouldn't have found the thing that you have no idea what it is anyway. I'm now going to use this cryptic warning to basically tell you what it is even though you have no way of knowing at this point and all i'll be doing is guaranteeing you'll stick your nose in"

It's like "well done Mr E. THAT'll deter them. Dumbass."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Larryb posted:

I also appreciate from screenshots that they seem to be making an effort to actually make Adam and He-Man look more visually distinct from each other (which makes the whole secret identity thing a lot more believable as a result).

The 2002 show did that first, basically a Shazam thing going on.

I get Castlevania vibes from the animation. And that's a very good thing.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MadDogMike posted:

I noted in the She-Ra thread they actually had the little guy acting badass in this trailer, which is rather unexpected characterization. So maybe you're closer to the truth than you know!

I can live in a world where Orko is just Vivi minus the existential crisis.

Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

I can live in a world where Orko is just Vivi minus the existential crisis.

How do you have a Vivi without the existential crisis? All you'd have is a mage who trips and blows poo poo up. Fine; but you can have so much more.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I just realised something - that in Amphibia the three girls are gonna have the Powerpuff colour trifecta if they all get Calamity Box powers like Anne.

Also it's a nice detail that Heart is blue and stength is pink, when those colours would typically be coded the other way round.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Orko's whole deal is that he's an incredibly powerful mage from another realm, and in Eternia his magic doesn't work properly because the rules are different. (and he lost the wand/amulet that allowed them to work properly) He can still pull off some powerful poo poo, it's just unpredictable and difficult to control. I imagine after spending long enough fighting the forces of evil he's figured out a trick or two.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I just learned that there’s an official He-Man YouTube channel that has full episodes of basically the entire franchise from the original to SPoP (not sure if it’s region locked or anything though):

https://youtube.com/c/HeManOfficial/playlists

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Actually up through New Adventures. Which I think I'm the only one who has nostalgia for

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

Actually up through New Adventures. Which I think I'm the only one who has nostalgia for

That's actually the only He-Man I really know. I was a little too young when the original series aired. If I watched it when I was one or two I definitely don't remember it. And it wasn't a show I ever caught in repeats like other shows from when I was too young. I know about it through cultural osmosis about how terrible the show and animation was. But the "New Adventures" aired at 7am right before I went to school when I was in the perfect demo for it. It was of the three main shows I remember watching every morning before school. The other two were Conan The Adventurer and Peter Pan and the Pirates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

I just realised something - that in Amphibia the three girls are gonna have the Powerpuff colour trifecta if they all get Calamity Box powers like Anne.

Also it's a nice detail that Heart is blue and stength is pink, when those colours would typically be coded the other way round.

If we're going by the Powerpuff analogue, green would be strength and pink would be wit :eng101: