Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
God drat chris rock is the worst actor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Milo and POTUS posted:

drat what do you think is jays favorite anime

I'd say La Blue Girl, but that's too mainstream for Bauman. It's probably some obscure hentai that was only ever distributed on PAL laserdisc.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

God drat chris rock is the worst

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

He mostly plays Chris Rock, in much the same way that Dennis Leary only ever plays Dennis Leary

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mordja posted:

Can't wait for the grimdarck wacky races reboot where nobody drives a car.

Wacky Critical Races Theory, Starring Muttley.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gJnLJeL5S8

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

You're Watching Spiral, aren't you?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mallratcal posted:

You're Watching Spiral, aren't you?

loving unreal how bad he is

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Thought you were talking about I Am Legend and was like "how do you just directly make the book into a movie (except for the essential ending) and then realize you have to credit the book?"

I completely forgot I, Nike was a movie.

My crazy drunk aunt got these similarly conflated and will still insist to this day that she saw a special Will Smith movie that no one else remembers called "I Am Robot" that is different than either I Am Legend or I, Robot and is about Will Smith and his dog fighting robots.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Welp, Infinite was some hard trash. Typical YA garbage, but everyone in this is old as gently caress. I guess instead of Young Adult, this is Old Child Fiction.

And Antoine Fuqua, what happened? Maybe not the best director ever, but decent. Had a career-high spike with Training Day, a lot of filler surrounding that, and then this dreck.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

A Big Dark Yak posted:

My crazy drunk aunt got these similarly conflated and will still insist to this day that she saw a special Will Smith movie that no one else remembers called "I Am Robot" that is different than either I Am Legend or I, Robot and is about Will Smith and his dog fighting robots.

This sounds like a better movie than either of those movies

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Welp, Infinite was some hard trash. Typical YA garbage, but everyone in this is old as gently caress. I guess instead of Young Adult, this is Old Child Fiction.

And Antoine Fuqua, what happened? Maybe not the best director ever, but decent. Had a career-high spike with Training Day, a lot of filler surrounding that, and then this dreck.

That's disappointing to hear

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
God drat. Spiral was bad for a Saw movie. That's impressive.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

loving unreal how bad he is

I don't think I've seen him in any other "serious" roles, so it's hard to say if he just can't do serious, or since he's not getting that sweet Adam Sandler cash he just didn't give a poo poo. But I'm leaning toward the former.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mallratcal posted:

I don't think I've seen him in any other "serious" roles, so it's hard to say if he just can't do serious, or since he's not getting that sweet Adam Sandler cash he just didn't give a poo poo. But I'm leaning toward the former.

I think Spiral was his idea

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Also why were there so many references to Pulp Fiction in the movie? It was really distracting.

And lol at Pookie from New Jack City deadpan saying "this is some New Jack City poo poo"

What a terrible baby's first movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is Jigsaw still in those movies?

It was real dumb of them to make their horror movie villain a terminal cancer patient

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

Is Jigsaw still in those movies?

It was real dumb of them to make their horror movie villain a terminal cancer patient

He was in every movie but Spiral despite dying in the third one lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Speaking of reboots, it's a shame they keep making sequels.

Saw could absolutely work as a not-goofy franchise if they plan it out in advance.

The reason the series is so dumb and bad is because each one has a twist that makes no sense and the next film has to be absurdly convoluted to fit the dumb twist.

If you plan ahead you can avoid that. Semi-Remake the first one with the origin of John Kramer turning serial killer then have the sequel logically follow that thread you set up.

And yes I realize it's silly to ask the Saw franchise to do what Star Wars couldn't.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Jigsaw is the Hari Seldon of ridiculous torture traps

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

He was in every movie but Spiral despite dying in the third one lol

This must be Fast & Furious levels of timeline fuckery

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

This must be Fast & Furious levels of timeline fuckery

Way more absurd. The twist to 6 is basically only possible with a time machine and the entire LAPD having amnesia.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

is she being attacked with telekinesis?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Im probably going to see in the heights this weekend.

I liked the songs ive heard from the musical, but havent actually seen it, so. I would say im going because im a theatre nerd, but i did not waste my time with the dredge that is Cats. I saw a community theatre do it and im still trying to figure out what its about. I will never understand Weber stans.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

My Face When posted:

Im probably going to see in the heights this weekend.

I liked the songs ive heard from the musical, but havent actually seen it, so. I would say im going because im a theatre nerd, but i did not waste my time with the dredge that is Cats. I saw a community theatre do it and im still trying to figure out what its about. I will never understand Weber stans.

I'm very much over New Yorkers giving themselves slob-jobs about how amazing New York City is, but I'm also curious to experience a Lin-Manuel Miranda work from before he became the insanely tiresome figure we all know today.

Also, Cats was a glorious trainwreck and you've missed something amazing by not going to see it when it was unpatched and in theaters.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

LanceHunter posted:

I'm very much over New Yorkers giving themselves slob-jobs about how amazing New York City is, but I'm also curious to experience a Lin-Manuel Miranda work from before he became the insanely tiresome figure we all know today.

Also, Cats was a glorious trainwreck and you've missed something amazing by not going to see it when it was unpatched and in theaters.

Watching the musical cats was already awkward enough to see bulges in one pieces jumpsuits while they crawl about and try to figure WHY the drat thing exists. Rumtumtugger was tugging like a budgie smuggler and i. Just. Couldnt.

I dont know if i could handle anymore Corden after Into the Woods and Rebel Wilson or...just...all of it really.

And Tom Hooper did the Les Mis movie too, yeah? I always thought a bit overrated too. Christ.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Endless Trash posted:

Jigsaw is the Hari Seldon of ridiculous torture traps
I don't watch big bang theory, which one's hari seldon?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cubone posted:

I don't watch big bang theory, which one's hari seldon?

Pretty sure it’s the tastefully done Indian character

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Endless Trash posted:

Pretty sure it’s the tastefully done Indian character

I've never seen the show. On a scale of normal person to Rich Evans, how racist should I get in imagining what you're implying?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

He stinks is what happened. One very good film and that was it.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I've never seen the show. On a scale of normal person to Rich Evans, how racist should I get in imagining what you're implying?

I’ve never really watched the show actually, despite every relative I know telling me I would love it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
from what I absorbed visiting my parents the Indian character was a mega-incel rather than being a racial stereotype

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I liked the first episode of Loki, it had some good Legion vibes to it (not as weird tho) with some Douglas Adams thrown in there.

Had no idea Owen Wilson was in it and was pleasantly surprised to see him show up!

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

priznat posted:

I liked the first episode of Loki, it had some good Legion vibes to it (not as weird tho) with some Douglas Adams thrown in there.

Had no idea Owen Wilson was in it and was pleasantly surprised to see him show up!

I watched it earlier with my dad, who likes the thor and guardians movies. Ive been slowly showing the marvel collection now that we have Disney plus. He seemed to enjoy it! I cannot wait to see how the two actors work together and they seem to be going great so far.

Tara strong as miss minutes was so cute.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Ghost in the Shell: Legend of the Drunken Puppet Master

Cubone
May 26, 2011

priznat posted:

with some Douglas Adams thrown in there.

had the same thought

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cubone posted:

had the same thought

Reminded me a bit of Dirk Gently! Which is fitting because Thor is a character in one of those books.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I also enjoyed Loki, so far it's the best of their MCU shows. I can see the Douglas Adams comparisons although for me the thing that kept coming to mind was Portal/Half-Life.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

infernal machines posted:

He mostly plays Chris Rock, in much the same way that Dennis Leary only ever plays Dennis Leary

Don't you mean Bill Hicks?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Scaramouche posted:

Don't you mean Bill Hicks?

LOL if you're over 15 and haven't realized yet that Denis Leary is the Jimi Hendrix All Along the Watchtower compared to Bill Hicks' Bob Dylan All Along the Watchtower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i found Loki mega boring but i'm gonna watch it again. i like the cast