Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mordja posted:

Didn't Payday 2 get ridiculous? Where is there left to go?

It's a bank heist game, just make a newer engine and expand on the ideas from 2 and the sky's the limit. Also I hope it has VR support because man that game is amazing in VR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Two words: space banks.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Kibayasu posted:

Two words: space banks.

Submarine Banks!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

pentyne posted:

For the steam versions of the following, which are the most agreeable to modern gaming standards

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X/X-2

My only final fantasy games ever played are FF6/7 on PC emulators in the mid 2000s (never beaten), beating FF13, trying to play 13-2, and beating Kingdom Hearts 1&2. I know most of the PC ones come with cheat menus to speed things up and make leveling faster but I don't really know how they've aged in general.

I don't know what you mean agreeable to modern gaming standards.

If you mean cutscene skip, only FFX-2 has that. Sometimes.

If you mean a speed up feature, I believe everything in that list has it. They don't necessarily speed up cutscenes though.

If you mean autosave, I believe all of them now autosave at the start of every new screen, separate from the save point saves that you have. And they all have varying cheat menus.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mordja posted:

Didn't Payday 2 get ridiculous? Where is there left to go?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoQmMeZBVnA

This was five movies ago in a series that has featured the theft of bank vaults, exotic sports cars, prototype military tanks, experimental EMP devices, nuclear launch codes, entire nuclear submarines, and in the latest one they're going to space, so I'd say there's plenty left to go.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 11, 2021

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

pentyne posted:

For the steam versions of the following, which are the most agreeable to modern gaming standards

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X/X-2

My only final fantasy games ever played are FF6/7 on PC emulators in the mid 2000s (never beaten), beating FF13, trying to play 13-2, and beating Kingdom Hearts 1&2. I know most of the PC ones come with cheat menus to speed things up and make leveling faster but I don't really know how they've aged in general.

The regular version of VIII is better than the remaster. Mods for regular VIII are far superior. This may have changed since but I haven't kept up with the remaster at all. There wasn't a need to.

IX has a graphical overhaul mod that is amazing. A must have. It's a night and day experience.

X/X-2 HD is great out of the box.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The United States posted:

This was five movies ago in a series that has featured the theft of bank vaults, exotic sports cars, prototype military tanks, experimental EMP devices, nuclear launch codes, entire nuclear submarines, and in the latest one they're going to space, so I'd say there's plenty left to go.

I love the Fast and the Furious series to death, to say nothing of dumb stupid bullshit and even I started checking out around 7. Which granted 7 was probably the worst movie of them since the one with the tunnels but I guess it turns out there is such a thing as 12 year old cool overload

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Orv posted:

It's very, very good. More focused on fun man smashing and giant fights than hyper serious dueling and highly technical mechanics - though they did steal basically all of Mordhau's good ideas for the fighting - but if that's your jam (basically did you like Chiv 1?) it's a ton of fun.

https://i.imgur.com/Kv81zS3.gifv

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Mordhau's 14 words
Which has more Deus Vult Nazis, Mordhau or Chivalry 2?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Which has more Deus Vult Nazis, Mordhau or Chivalry 2?

There's probably a chunk of Nazis in Chiv 2 because that's the kind of game it is, but for what it's worth chat has mostly been either fun or just your usual level of internet salt, "trash" and that kinda thing. You can also play femme and POC characters in Chiv 2 so that probably pissed some of them off and kept them away.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The Payday 2 studio more or less collapsed under poor leadership and the weight of Payday 2’s success. I wouldn’t expect much, if anything, from Payday 3.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sab669 posted:

You glasses-havers should consider paying someone to shoot you in the eyes with lasers. Best thing I've ever done.

My eyeballs would literally melt if I had LASIK.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Sab669 posted:

You glasses-havers should consider paying someone to shoot you in the eyes with lasers. Best thing I've ever done.

Ain't cheap, but if you can swing it man it's incredible. If I paid double what it cost it would still be worth it.
Been about 20 years and still seeing well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Ain't cheap, but if you can swing it man it's incredible. If I paid double what it cost it would still be worth it.

I had it done and it wore off after 10 years. It was amazing but I dunno about doing it a second time.

My eye doctor said I probably got it done too young.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Orv posted:

There's probably a chunk of Nazis in Chiv 2 because that's the kind of game it is, but for what it's worth chat has mostly been either fun or just your usual level of internet salt, "trash" and that kinda thing. You can also play femme and POC characters in Chiv 2 so that probably pissed some of them off and kept them away.
This post (and the gif earlier) actually got me interested enough to take a look at Chiv 2 but I didn't realize it was a year-long Epic exclusive so :rip: guess I'm waiting.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Insert name here posted:

This post (and the gif earlier) actually got me interested enough to take a look at Chiv 2 but I didn't realize it was a year-long Epic exclusive so :rip: guess I'm waiting.

That is absolutely your choice but are you totally sure?

https://i.imgur.com/gxYRT0F.mp4

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Orv posted:

That is absolutely your choice but are you totally sure?
I mean I'm not exactly super opposed to buying games on the Epic launcher but I will literally forget I have the game and will end up never playing it. This isn't exactly a problem exclusive to Epic but at least with Steam I always have it running and will occasionally scroll through my list of games so I end up being reminded I own something.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I used to like the series when it was just about street racing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s the best series of super hero movies to date.

They are shameless but they know they are which lets them have fun with the insane bullshit.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

also this was shown off a bit today, it's the newest game by the Titan Souls developer, but it's a full fledged game and you are a crow with a sword

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXfqGcxICM

does "xbox exclusive" always mean "xbox and windows" these days or are there still some true xbox exclusives?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

does "xbox exclusive" always mean "xbox and windows" these days or are there still some true xbox exclusives?
It pretty much always means xbox and windows. That's part of Microsoft's whole strategy. They just want to be in homes, they don't care if it's through Xbox hardware, Xbox gaming app, or even publishing their games on Steam.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Impermanent posted:

not to drag this debacle on for n many pages but someone ought to tell the starsector and consumer softproducts people about the brigador devs because it sucks that they're cross promoting.

Go for it dude.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I really REALLY like that the Elden Ring trailer starts talking about various "flames" and your player character being the "Tarnished" and showing off summonable phantoms right around the 1:45 mark when the coda from the self-titled "Demon's Souls" trailer song kicks in. It's hard to entirely nail down from the footage we're given, but this basically feels like a Miyazaki take on a Souls series reboot with the best of both worlds from DS and Sekiro with an open world aspect. I'm in.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Elden Ring is already better than any Souls game because you get to ride a horse, and presumably that means there won't be something trying to kill you every 10 feet. Maybe it will now be only every 20 feet.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I am mildly concerned that the footage of using the mount during boss battles is going to turn out with some incredibly finnicky bullshit that is not fun to do in the least. We'll see though and I'd be totally happy to be wrong.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Microsoft cunningly decided that their PC Games App should be called Xbox.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Elden Ring is already better than any Souls game because you get to ride a horse, and presumably that means there won't be something trying to kill you every 10 feet. Maybe it will now be only every 20 feet.

Just make the horse attempt to kill you as you ride it.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

The Lone Badger posted:

Just make the horse attempt to kill you as you ride it.
Something like Breath of the Wild's storm/lightning mechanic except it shocks you whenever you're mounted would work well.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Poor Freckles, Horse of the Tarnished, thought of ants and

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Miyazaki announces that every time you lose to a Boss, the Boss will bully your horse. Every player in the world immediately GITS GUD and the "beat the game without dying once" achievement ends up with a 104% completion rate.

Edit: Anyway, I'm vaguely interested in the new Vampire the Masquerade game and... oh I just saw on Steam it's PvP so much for that :sigh:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 11, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is a battles royalez even. Which could be cool but probably will not be.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Bed of Chaos but now you're on a horse.

Orv
May 4, 2011

bentacos posted:

:hmmno:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Orv posted:

It is a battles royalez even. Which could be cool but probably will not be.

Ughhhhh.

Also, is this a DIFFERENT game to V:TM Bloodlines 2 that got announced forever ago and then completely changed studios or something? Or are those two different games?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Ughhhhh.

Also, is this a DIFFERENT game to V:TM Bloodlines 2 that got announced forever ago and then completely changed studios or something? Or are those two different games?

Different games. Not grand branding sense there, no.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Bloodlines 2 is in development hell and who knows when it comes out, if ever. The battle royale game is called Bloodhunt, it's being developed by Sharkmob and is supposed to release later this year. But then there's also a different RPG called V:TM - Swansong developed by Big Bad Wolf, that I think is also supposed to come out this year and is going to be shown on the PC Gaming show on June 13th

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Didn’t a Werewolf:The Whateverthefuck one come out recently and go over like a fart in a car?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Didn’t a Werewolf:The Whateverthefuck one come out recently and go over like a fart in a car?

Yep! Dunno anyone that played it but it looked like maybe kinda solid late 2000s AA jank kinda thing?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If it had come out in 2008 yeah it would have been a pretty serviceable game. Laughable in 2021.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULFAEnoc5jA

I thought the sequel to Jurassic World: Evolution would've been pushed back to coincide with Dominion, but I'll take it.

Also we can get aquatic animals. :kraken:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

bentacos posted:

Might make that loving jump easier :shepface: