Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

subnautica is definitely game of the decade 2010s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i feel like subnautica loses a bit once you know all the secrets of the world. i think without the mystery of the story it would feel like a resource grind.

the first time you get that countdown for the ship exploding is so cool

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
subnautica 1 rules and the ending is really good. i also like that the capsules can be found by other players.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i feel like subnautica loses a bit once you know all the secrets of the world. i think without the mystery of the story it would feel like a resource grind.

it still has that certain something charm. enough that i played through it three times when it first came out. it's weird that the first game was able to grip me like that while the second kind of felt bleh

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
dang thats dedication. i played it when it was early access, then stopped a bit after the after curing the virus but before the big sub, then came back after the real release and loved it. just no desire to go back and farm food.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

That "oh poo poo" moment when you first start playing and go over the edge of a big cliff is just unmatched. They really nailed the world design.

I didn't go near the big floating island monsters for ages as I was too scared of them

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pointsofdata posted:

That "oh poo poo" moment when you first start playing and go over the edge of a big cliff is just unmatched. They really nailed the world design.

I didn't go near the big floating island monsters for ages as I was too scared of them
i hope everyone experienced them like i did - hear them first, look up, aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i kept exploring when i got the one hour warning since it seemed like loads of time. a few mins later i think "is that in-game time?" and then the countdown started

RIP lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i bought dorfromatik a few days ago and it's pretty fun. if you like the idea of a game based around placing carcassonne tiles and completing certain objectives (e.g. make a forest at least 6 tiles large) then you'll like this game, it's very chill

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

dioxazine posted:

iirc the loop zook was popularised in bf 1942

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-wFI9vTqto

This is sick as hell I have no idea how that could be pulled off so seamlessly.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is Pillars of Eternity II an goode gamme? I liked Tyranny which is similar apparently.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

an goode gamme?
Stop.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

gently caress yourself.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

gently caress yourself.

or, you know, stop. not sure why you insist on the pointless gimmicks

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I played the first Pillars for a few hours and enjoyed it well enough. Thematically and mechanically it's not that far off from classic Baldur's Gate games.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

deadfire is objectively better than its predecessor, and I enjoyed the ship mechanics

but I would also rather just go play divinity ii given the choice

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

The Fool posted:

deadfire is objectively better than its predecessor, and I enjoyed the ship mechanics

but I would also rather just go play divinity ii given the choice

I never played DOS1 but can confirm DOS2 is great. Probs the best coop game I've ever played.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Is Pillars of Eternity II an goode gamme? I liked Tyranny which is similar apparently.

just because tori is gone doesn't mean you need to roll up and fill the lovely gimmick void

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i bought dorfromatik a few days ago and it's pretty fun. if you like the idea of a game based around placing carcassonne tiles and completing certain objectives (e.g. make a forest at least 6 tiles large) then you'll like this game, it's very chill

this looks very cool but very much like something I'd want to play on my phone or iPad

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
dead fire can’t run on catalina and idk if the devs are ever gonna make a 64 bit binary but it sucks i wanted to finish it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

if you choose a path as foolish as gaming on a mac you should have the good taste to hide your shame, not openly complain about it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Schadenboner posted:

gently caress yourself.

no, you go gently caress yourself, and stop making bullshit reports idiot and quit with your loving awful gimmick

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

bump_fn posted:

dead fire can’t run on catalina and idk if the devs are ever gonna make a 64 bit binary but it sucks i wanted to finish it

you should upgrade to linux

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Does Steamplay not work on Macs?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

nope, wine doesn’t really work on macs anymore and Proton never supported it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jenny Agutter posted:

if you choose a path as foolish as gaming on a mac you should have the good taste to hide your shame, not openly complain about it

that’s fair it’s more just annoying to have to bootcamp into windows to play

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

CONTROL is a freebie on the EPIC game store this week, well worth looking at if you haven't already. one of my favourite designed games in recent years, the gameplay has a few rough edges but it looks fantastic - especially if you got one of the new RTX cards.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/control

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

CONTROL is a freebie on the EPIC game store this week, well worth looking at if you haven't already. one of my favourite designed games in recent years, the gameplay has a few rough edges but it looks fantastic - especially if you got one of the new RTX cards.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/control

they need to fire whoever designed the save system, it is complete trash

at least they finally put autosave checkpoints outside boss chambers in an update

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
psp emulation is really good and eady and it’s very confusing. why is psx or ps2 emulation so opaque

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the games are just too good…….

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
we gave our son a switch for his birthday on thursday. thing is really fun. breath of the wild is a blast.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

President Beep posted:

we gave our son a switch for his birthday on thursday. thing is really fun. breath of the wild is a blast.

hbag's pretty lucky, dang

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Armitag3 posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

haven’t had a console in like ten years, ever since we sold the wii. it’s go to be a resident of the republic of gamers again.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Armitag3 posted:

I don’t allow anime games tho

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

President Beep posted:

I don’t allow anime games tho

Bad news Beep, BotW is an anime game.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Armitag3 posted:

Bad news Beep, BotW is an anime game.

absolutely heterodox.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i respect that. takes guts.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

this looks like a great game for a tablet, hope that happens.. especially when i get forced back into the office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

breath of the wild is probably my favourite game since fonv, it’s so loving cool