Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

bird with big dick posted:

Right now is probably a far better than normal time to use Costco to buy a car just because the car market is so hosed up and overpriced right now.

We used them to buy my wife’s Accord because it was a rare model and the dealership didn’t want to let it go cheap. Costco saved us around $1500 I think.

But if I’d used them for my F-150 it probably would have cost me $1500 extra over haggling via email.

poisonpill posted:

LMAO I bought two new cars in the depths of COVID and didn't realize there was now a car shortage.

Yeah lazy dealers (most of them) who don't babysit their online/Costco pricing are getting absolutely hosed. Seen a couple of dealerships get down to single digit cars and have to lay their staff off or move to staggered rotating schedules which is death to a purely commission based employee.

We're a fairly large Honda dealer that typically has 500-700 units in stock, we're down to about 90 or so units on the lot with a trickle coming in.

Edit: You're also going to see some dealers temporarily pull from the Costco program (a lot locally did) since they can't afford to sell 1 car at a loss when that represents like 10% of their inventory. So definitely go through the Costco program if you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Costco fruit leather snacks are so fuckin dope

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jisforjosh posted:

Edit: You're also going to see some dealers temporarily pull from the Costco program (a lot locally did) since they can't afford to sell 1 car at a loss when that represents like 10% of their inventory. So definitely go through the Costco program if you can

Yeah I assumed that was happening a lot but wasn't really sure how difficult it was to withdraw from the program.

I was at the Vegas Mercedes dealer last week and the guy told me they normally sell 200 cars a month and they currently have 18 cars on the lot.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

also i've now tried about 80% of the different kinds of nice coffee at costco and found them all to be ok, but yesterday i was able to find the light roast ethiopian which i think is the last one i'll try before going back to the local roaster i buy from.
This past winter they had a really great medium roast coffee from Starbucks (organic winter blend). I wound up buying at least 6 2.5-lb bags which I keep in my chest freezer. I haven't tried the ethiopian but pre-covid I would get the Guatemalan blue bag when I was in charge of buying coffee for the office since it was a nice compromise between good light roasts and the poo poo dark roast my coworkers like.

For the car buying program program my parents used them to get a lead on a lease, and a few months after the lease was signed they called my dad and told him he qualified for some sort of rebate that he had no idea about. So he got a free $700 check for basically using Costco as the referrer to the dealer.

Currently I am waiting on replacement parts for damaged furniture I ordered through the 'co. I think the best part of the membership is when things go wrong, you can always call the customer service and they will take care of poo poo for you. Delta didn't respond to any of our phone calls or emails, but the day after we contacted Costco we had a tracking number for parts.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hell Yeah posted:

also i've now tried about 80% of the different kinds of nice coffee at costco and found them all to be ok, but yesterday i was able to find the light roast ethiopian which i think is the last one i'll try before going back to the local roaster i buy from.

Have you tried the coffee beans from the seller's thread in SA Mart?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594506

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Yeah I assumed that was happening a lot but wasn't really sure how difficult it was to withdraw from the program.

I was at the Vegas Mercedes dealer last week and the guy told me they normally sell 200 cars a month and they currently have 18 cars on the lot.

It's insanely easy to pull out since it's a month to month contract and not some long term thing dealers get locked in to. We won't be pulling out because there's only 1 Costco within ~200 miles and since only one dealership per brand can be in the program if we pull out, someone else will take our spot and we'll never get it back.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Have you tried the coffee beans from the seller's thread in SA Mart?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594506

This is an amazing coincidence I've been pretty unhappy with the flavor of the coffee beans from Costco. And the seeming caffeine content too. I have a grinder. I looked at that thread just yesterday and I don't know jack poo poo about coffee beans but I thought about trying to order from them what I like (and it's all I like from there so don't diss me)
is Starbucks blonde roast. I want to get something like that but I have no way to tell. The next time I need to buy coffee beans I'll throw a post in there saying that and see what happens.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My goto beans at costco are the Lavazza Crema E Aroma beans which are great for espresso or drip brewing. Really nice and not that dark, more of a medium roast with chocolate flavour. I grab a bag pretty much every time I go.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Spinz posted:

This is an amazing coincidence I've been pretty unhappy with the flavor of the coffee beans from Costco. And the seeming caffeine content too. I have a grinder. I looked at that thread just yesterday and I don't know jack poo poo about coffee beans but I thought about trying to order from them what I like (and it's all I like from there so don't diss me)
is Starbucks blonde roast. I want to get something like that but I have no way to tell. The next time I need to buy coffee beans I'll throw a post in there saying that and see what happens.

I like the light roast coffee the Goon Coffee Guy's company sells. Usually it is one of the coffees with a African or South/Central American country in its name.

It is reasonably priced for craft coffee.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Which goon coffee tastes most like Folgers.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm on my 2nd bag of Ruta Maya from Costco and I'm very happy with it.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Which goon coffee tastes most like Folgers.

You can make that at home. Just capture some turds from your dog or yourself, dry them in the sun, grind on a French roast setting and steep them.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I know it's fun to rag on Folgers but my my wife's family's drink of choice is Chock Full o'Nuts Decaf and after a cup or two of that you'll be begging for the dog turds.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Right now is probably a far better than normal time to use Costco to buy a car just because the car market is so hosed up and overpriced right now.

We used them to buy my wife’s Accord because it was a rare model and the dealership didn’t want to let it go cheap. Costco saved us around $1500 I think.

But if I’d used them for my F-150 it probably would have cost me $1500 extra over haggling via email.

Carvana is paying NEW MSRP pricing for used Toyota Tacomas because you can't find them and people are desperate for any new or used inventory.
Even at that price they're still flipping them for $3-5k more a week later.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Renegret posted:

I know it's fun to rag on Folgers but my my wife's family's drink of choice is Chock Full o'Nuts Decaf and after a cup or two of that you'll be begging for the dog turds.

That is truly a haunting experience.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Renegret posted:

my wifes family and most of my extended family also insist on drinking complete hot rear end water. anything approaching normal coffee is good after that.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Renegret posted:

What the gently caress

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FCKGW posted:

Carvana is paying NEW MSRP pricing for used Toyota Tacomas because you can't find them and people are desperate for any new or used inventory.
Even at that price they're still flipping them for $3-5k more a week later.

The Toyota tax is real, and my friend.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Renegret posted:

When I was a kid one of my parents' friends drank that. He just drank chock full o nuts and smoked cigarettes all day. I think he was out of work on disability. But the point is he had stacks of the large cans in his house. I'm not sure if he ever got rid of them or if they were new cans waiting to be opened. But it was an incredible sight to see.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 11, 2021

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

thathonkey posted:

my wifes family and most of my extended family also insist on drinking complete hot rear end water. anything approaching normal coffee is good after that.

My moms in town visiting and every day I make a full pot of freshly ground coffee from my Technivorm moccamaster. She opts to reuse the same keurig k-cup for a few days in a lovely old keurig brewer we have sitting around. It’s loving disgusting.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

nwin posted:

My moms in town visiting and every day I make a full pot of freshly ground coffee from my Technivorm moccamaster. She opts to reuse the same keurig k-cup for a few days in a lovely old keurig brewer we have sitting around. It’s loving disgusting.

Some people just don't want coffee, they want lovely coffee flavored tea

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
the giganto tub of tasters choice is a pretty screaming deal. I truly love coffee and appreciate making a good cup but it seems like a waste of time to do it every morning when tasters choice is so loving good for zero effort

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

people are insanely weird about coffee, especially boomer age people. to be fair, in a lot of ways younger people obsessing over coffee how they do is just as bad although it is less disgusting. i'm including myself here btw.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I just make a huge double strength pot of whatever was on sale at the dollar store that week and reheat that same pot through out the day. It's chewy by 4pm. Like it should be. I can't taste that poo poo and I drink 12 cups a day. I wouldn't bother even paying costco prices for coffee. I make boomers look like they make reasonable coffee choices.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

fizzymercury posted:

I just make a huge double strength pot of whatever was on sale at the dollar store that week and reheat that same pot through out the day. It's chewy by 4pm. Like it should be. I can't taste that poo poo and I drink 12 cups a day. I wouldn't bother even paying costco prices for coffee. I make boomers look like they make reasonable coffee choices.

that's cool i feel like this would hurt most ppls stomach though.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Just add milk, I dunno

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Your coffee sounds angry

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Does your coffee just leak right out of the hole in your side or what?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's only available at Canadian Costco, but Java Club coffee is the best middle of the road medium roast coffee ever

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

nwin posted:

wtf

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Also, what’s up moccamaster buddy :hf:

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
I buy the white bag of Kirkland pre-ground coffee and make cold brew coffee out of it. It's pretty good but not life changing or anything.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you dont need as good of coffee to make cold brew.

edit: all the different middle priced costco coffee would probably make great coldbrew.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I asked her today and she said my coffee is too strong. I mentioned she could just add some hot water to it but :effort:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

nwin posted:

She opts to reuse the same keurig k-cup for a few days in a lovely old keurig brewer we have sitting around. It’s loving disgusting.

Like, the same little plastic pod? :psyduck:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Speaking of Keurigs and K-Cups, my office staff wanted a Keurig so I got one but does the 'Co sell any of the K-Cups that aren't the plastic ones? There was a brand I used to get when I my roommate had a Keurig, San Francisco Bay, that had compostable cups.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I got reusable ones and grind in my own beans, they work pretty well so far

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So I bought an HP laptop from Costco maybe 2 years ago and it just died. It turned off and won't turn back on. As far as I know I only had 90 days to return it. Is there anything I can do?

To be honest, the laptop sucked. I wanted a portable one to take to a coffee place with me but also doubled as a media PC. It stuttered doing 1080. I might be able to contact HP and get it fixed but I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of that and pay more than what the laptop is worth (It was maybe $300).

I think I'll just get a new one. Maybe not from Costco but just try to get one personalized that meets my needs. Rugged, can play media, light, smallish, inexpensive.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So I bought an HP laptop from Costco maybe 2 years ago and it just died. It turned off and won't turn back on. As far as I know I only had 90 days to return it. Is there anything I can do?

Doubt it 2 years is pretty far out. Not many companies offer hardware guarantees that long and those that do charge you for it.

quote:

Maybe not from Costco but just try to get one personalized that meets my needs. Rugged, can play media, light, smallish, inexpensive.

You might have to compromise here. Light/rugged/cheap alone is generally a “pick 2” situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Doesn't the concierge technical support cover 2 years? They also have an included 2 year extended warranty for computers excluding touch screen tablets listed on the website.