Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Cross-Section posted:

Honestly, with the emphasis Hunter was placing on doing the "right thing" for Omega and his squad, I wouldn't be surprised if the solution here would be them simply loving off to parts unknown when the heat comes down

They're going to catch a ride with some space whales to a nice farm in upstate Unknown Regions where they can run and play and be free.

Then ten years later Ezra and Thrawn crash land in their backyard. Omega, being different from other clones, actually ages more slowly. She and Ezra fall in love and get married (with Thrawn as celebrant). They have a baby (Mon Mothma) who they send back in time via the World Between Worlds.

Thank you for reading my Bad Batch/Rebels crossover fanfic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh I thought we only see her in Rebels, which would work time wise. When was she in Clone Wars?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Larryb posted:

She’s also in some deleted scenes from Attack of the Clones (or Revenge of the Sith, one of the two anyway) as I recall.

It was Revenge of the Sith, also played by Genevieve O'Reilly who also played her in Rogue One and Rebels.

EDIT:

swickles posted:

Oh I thought we only see her in Rebels, which would work time wise. When was she in Clone Wars?

Wookiepedia has her appearing in about 15 episodes, although to be fair I don’t remember her in the titles of the episodes I recognize. :shrug:

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 11, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man that wa great. I cannot wait to see where this goes next I figure Going to rethink their relationship with Syd, as they clearly have been given another option.

Seeing Rex again, and what would have been really soon after the seige of mandalore stuff. He still had the y wing he took.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

fartknocker posted:

Wookiepedia has her appearing in about 15 episodes, although to be fair I don’t remember her in the titles of the episodes I recognize. :shrug:

She's often hanging around with Bail Organa, especially during episodes where he's working with Padme on Senate/diplomatic stuff. I'm in the middle of a rewatch but I can't recall whether she even speaks in any episodes she's in.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Episode ruled hard but the one thing I really want to call attention to is just how atmospheric the starship graveyard was.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Moon Slayer posted:

Episode ruled hard but the one thing I really want to call attention to is just how atmospheric the starship graveyard was.

Right? I never thought a cartoon would be like this.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Episode ruled hard but the one thing I really want to call attention to is how IG-88 heads are evidently just a fixture of Star Wars dive bars.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Arc Light posted:

Episode ruled hard but the one thing I really want to call attention to is how drinks dispensers are evidently just used to make IG-series droid heads.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Anita Dickinme posted:

Right? I never thought a cartoon would be like this.

Rex walking into the smoke loving ruled.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So apparently by her own admission Omega doesn’t have an inhibitor chip installed in her (though even if that’s true I imagine there’s some other kind of secret programming in her head somewhere to be used for a different purpose)

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

VaultAggie posted:

Rex walking into the smoke loving ruled.

The subtle animation at the beginning when he learns the team still have their chips was really well done. Slightly stand off-ish, slight surprise, and a little fearful.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Larryb posted:

So apparently by her own admission Omega doesn’t have an inhibitor chip installed in her (though even if that’s true I imagine there’s some other kind of secret programming in her head somewhere to be used for a different purpose)

What if her inhibitor chip has her convinced she doesn't have an inhibitor chip? :thunkher:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

pik_d posted:

What if her inhibitor chip has her convinced she doesn't have an inhibitor chip? :thunkher:

True, it’s possible that Omega’s chip works differently from the other clones and may likely cause some trouble later down the line

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I don't know why you wouldn't just scan her anyway? What would you have to lose?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That’s true, considering how concerned Rex was about the rest of the squad I don’t really see why he would just take Omega at her word like that (plus it’s not like a simple scan would take all that long)

Like I said, I have a feeling there’s still something in the kid’s head that’s going to bite the group in the rear end one day.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 12, 2021

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

Like I said, I have a feeling there’s still something in the kid’s head that’s going to bite the group in the rear end one day.

It's called a mouth.

(Sorry, couldn't resist 🤣)

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Omega’s optimized clone “super-power” is having high emotional intelligence. Considering the Kaminoians ostensibly engineered her for military applications…that’s got some sinister applications.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Thwomp posted:

The subtle animation at the beginning when he learns the team still have their chips was really well done. Slightly stand off-ish, slight surprise, and a little fearful.

I appreciate a good "hands near guns but not ON guns" scene.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

jassa posted:

Makes you wonder how this series will end though, since none of the Bad Batch were active members of the Rebel Alliance 10 years later... and none of them were with Rex either.
"Actually, Rex is the guy with the beard on Endor!" Is such a ham fisted official retcon, I don't know how you can possibly believe what you wrote.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Cheesus posted:

"Actually, Rex is the guy with the beard on Endor!" Is such a ham fisted official retcon, I don't know how you can possibly believe what you wrote.

Uh, what are you talking about? I was talking about Rebels.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cheesus posted:

Rex isn’t the bearded guy at Endor, that guys name is Nik Sant. Filoni joked about making that guy into Rex, but ultimately didn’t make that canon, so Rex is present at Endor in some other, as yet undefined role.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Whether or not it's Rex or Sant is up to individual fans at this point

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

jassa posted:

Uh, what are you talking about? I was talking about Rebels.
I apologize for the snarky response.

Even if Filoni's Nik Sant/Rex comments didn't come off to me like a Giorgio Tsoukalos meme, that everyone else seems to be a around in the OT era, I don't know why the Bad Batch wouldn't be.

Furthermore, given that their mutations make them not look like "regs" I can totally see Filoni engineering a live action appearance in the Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett/Ahsoka era.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Cheesus posted:

I apologize for the snarky response.

Even if Filoni's Nik Sant/Rex comments didn't come off to me like a Giorgio Tsoukalos meme, that everyone else seems to be a around in the OT era, I don't know why the Bad Batch wouldn't be.

Furthermore, given that their mutations make them not look like "regs" I can totally see Filoni engineering a live action appearance in the Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett/Ahsoka era.

Sure, they could certainly still be alive in the OT era... I'm just curious to see how Filoni & co justify them not being involved with the Rebel Alliance (or even referenced/contacted by Rex) during the Rebels/OT years.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Come to think of it, while I still have yet to finish that show (so correct me if I’m wrong) I don’t think the Bad Batch turns up at all in Rebels onward. Which makes me kind of wonder what’s going to happen to them by the end of the current series.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Rebels does show that early on, the Alliance is still a lot of cells that sometimes have little or no contact with others outside their sector or area at times. You could easily say that the Bad Batch, if they do wind up in the Rebellion, are by then 15~ years later just off elsewhere in the galaxy and never crossed paths with the Lothal crew during the timeframe of Rebels.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

jassa posted:

Sure, they could certainly still be alive in the OT era... I'm just curious to see how Filoni & co justify them not being involved with the Rebel Alliance (or even referenced/contacted by Rex) during the Rebels/OT years.

Before the Lothal crew shows up, it seemed like Rex had retired from actively working for the rebels. It might just be that the Dad Batch helped the Alliance for awhile and then did the same thing by the time Rebels/the OT roll around.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Rebels does show that early on, the Alliance is still a lot of cells that sometimes have little or no contact with others outside their sector or area at times. You could easily say that the Bad Batch, if they do wind up in the Rebellion, are by then 15~ years later just off elsewhere in the galaxy and never crossed paths with the Lothal crew during the timeframe of Rebels.

Yeah that works (I’m hoping Omega remains a member of the crew by the time the show’s over as well or at the very least is helping the Rebellion in some fashion).

Either that or they all eventually retired and are now living a peaceful life on some remote planet.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, while I still have yet to finish that show (so correct me if I’m wrong) I don’t think the Bad Batch turns up at all in Rebels onward. Which makes me kind of wonder what’s going to happen to them by the end of the current series.

:sigh:

jassa posted:

Makes you wonder how this series will end though, since none of the Bad Batch were active members of the Rebel Alliance 10 years later... and none of them were with Rex either.

jassa posted:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So we had the same concern, big deal.

Besides, for all we know they could be involved with a separate Rebel faction we never ran into or are retired and living off the grid by the time of the OT as mentioned above.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

So we had the same concern, big deal.

Besides, for all we know they could be involved with a separate Rebel faction we never ran into or are retired and living off the grid by the time of the OT as mentioned above.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but it was literally the active topic of conversation.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I don't know why you wouldn't just scan her anyway? What would you have to lose?

They didn't have a base image w/o chip for Omega to go on like they did because of Rex.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Dad Batch was aboard one of Thrawn's Star Destroyers and got pulled into the far reaches of space by the purrgill along with Thrawn and Ezra and they'll play big roles in the Ahsoka series

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jassa posted:

I'm not trying to be a jerk but it was literally the active topic of conversation.

Fair enough, sorry

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

At the start of Rex's first episode in Rebels, they talked about having had a bad experience with visiting Jedi before. Maybe at some point, some crazed surviving Jedi that died before the start of Rebels went all Anakin-on-Sand-People on some clones?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That's probably how some of them ended up becoming Inquisitors.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Man this show has really grown on me. Filoni is just way too good at what he does. He's fantastic at adding the human / emotional element missing from the prequels (ol' Georgie's Achilles heel)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, to be honest I’d kind of be interested in seeing if he could work the same magic on the sequel trilogy one day (or hell, just let him try his hand at making a full length Star Wars movie)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I honestly don't know why he hasn't, unless its simply because he would rather to do serial story telling that TV offers over movies.